PDA

View Full Version : GF's dad just bought an 07 GT500

Z32redondo
03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Black with Dual white stripes. Bitch is so damn fast, and it is loud as hell. It is absolutely beautiful. Just got done riding in it.

OneSlow5pt0
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
yea,a gyy down the road from me has a GT500 and C6 Z06,that GT is bad,fast as hell and sounds real good,and i hate ford,lol

RandomGuy
03-17-2007, 07:05 PM
:wgaf:

hydroshutter
03-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Bitch is so damn fast.

No it's not.:thinking:

Infinite
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
regardless its still a ford....

fucker ony runs downhill

Crazy Asian
03-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Seriously all that power and yet they didnt even bother with the suspension. Right cram 500 wait 475 whp and just keep stock suspension? That's just crazy.

Crazy Asian
03-17-2007, 07:48 PM
If you really want the bang for the money and want a Mustang go for the Roush. Supercharged and UPGRAGDED SUSPENSION!!!!!!!!

BKgen®
03-17-2007, 07:53 PM
i'd love to see the look on the owner of the $60k Rustang's face when he's beaten by well modded evo or sti... or even srt-4. (ie., AMS srt-4)

waste of money IMO.

MachNU
03-17-2007, 07:54 PM
If you really want the bang for the money and want a Mustang go for the Roush. Supercharged and UPGRAGDED SUSPENSION!!!!!!!!

Stage 3 FTMFW

Halfwit
03-17-2007, 07:57 PM
i'd love to see the look on the owner of the $60k Rustang's face when he's beaten by well modded evo or sti... or even srt-4. (ie., AMS srt-4)

waste of money IMO.
your title under your name states "get off hte bandwagon"

how many ppl have evo's , srt-4s vs: how mny ppl have gt500's?

u are contradicting yourself. if he went and bought an evo and modded it to be fast hed be "on the bandwagon"

and think of whos buyign it, an older man. hed rather have a mustang because of hte name and the "supposed" power all mustangs posess.

dont get me worng id take a modded evo any day, just rambling on.

twinj
03-17-2007, 08:13 PM
He's an older dude. I doubt you see him in an evo/sti. Huh he's not going to leave his V8

Halfwit
03-17-2007, 08:14 PM
that was one of my points.

LilMonty
03-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I think you should put up some pictures.

twinj
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
^^^^^agreed

Footefan52
03-17-2007, 09:09 PM
:ttiwwp:

While I was at the track last night I saw a really old dude driving an Evo. But he only ran into the 14's so he sucks at life.

Nemesis
03-17-2007, 09:18 PM
well my girlfriends dad bought a nasa space shuttle. Bitch is faster than the GT500.

SO HA!

sorry I just wanted to be a one upper for once. LOL

Hulud
03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
well my girlfriends dad bought a nasa space shuttle. Bitch is faster than the GT500.

SO HA!

sorry I just wanted to be a one upper for once. LOL
hey george get outta the whoreslounge and answer some real questions in the pics section damnit! lol

JITB
03-17-2007, 09:47 PM
id take a gt500 over a sti/evo..

1000cckiller
03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
id take a gt500 over a sti/evo..I wouldnt its heavy, it sucks, especially it handles like shit, and its a ford they dont hold value. And why pay 70k which people are paying for it, i would buy a zo6.

Nevea
03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
oooohh i just saw one on the road today....mmm they are pretty

BKgen®
03-17-2007, 10:37 PM
your title under your name states "get off hte bandwagon"

how many ppl have evo's , srt-4s vs: how mny ppl have gt500's?

u are contradicting yourself. if he went and bought an evo and modded it to be fast hed be "on the bandwagon"

and think of whos buyign it, an older man. hed rather have a mustang because of hte name and the "supposed" power all mustangs posess.

dont get me worng id take a modded evo any day, just rambling on.

it's a mustang hate thing.

JITB
03-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I wouldnt its heavy, it sucks, especially it handles like shit, and its a ford they dont hold value. And why pay 70k which people are paying for it, i would buy a zo6.

id still take the gt500

Z32redondo
03-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I wouldnt its heavy, it sucks, especially it handles like shit, and its a ford they dont hold value. And why pay 70k which people are paying for it, i would buy a zo6.

Becasuse they are only making like 8,000 of them and supposedely this is the only year they are making them. And it is faster than the Z06. Either way if you think it is nice or shitty or really just dont give a fuck, its his car I was just acknowledging the fact that he had just bought it. So ya no need for flamming about how a modded evo or some shit could beat it because alot of things modded probably could. Going from what the spec's on the net say it does 1/4 miles in the 12's. If that were true a TT 300zx with a few basic mods could take it. I love the fucking thing and he said he would let me drive it in a week.

Slowboy
03-18-2007, 12:28 AM
theres a couple people in c town with them jokers, there so hawt.
the only fords like like is the 500 and d250..oh shit. ineed to quit drink

Slowboy
03-18-2007, 12:31 AM
I dont think it would matter if you had one your a baller. and there bad ass. and cool as fuck. Fuck ford. but that shit is to tight. id drive one in a heart beat. and would be like bitch give me some road head.

hydroshutter
03-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Becasuse they are only making like 8,000 of them and supposedely this is the only year they are making them. And it is faster than the Z06. Either way if you think it is nice or shitty or really just dont give a fuck, its his car I was just acknowledging the fact that he had just bought it. So ya no need for flamming about how a modded evo or some shit could beat it because alot of things modded probably could. Going from what the spec's on the net say it does 1/4 miles in the 12's. If that were true a TT 300zx with a few basic mods could take it. I love the fucking thing and he said he would let me drive it in a week.

The Z06 is faster, btw.

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 08:44 AM
I dont think it would matter if you had one your a baller.

Owning a GT500 definitely does NOT make one a "baller." Later, QD.

Z32redondo
03-18-2007, 10:43 AM
The Z06 is faster, btw.

He drove both and said the shelby was faster. It dosent really to me tho both of them are nice cars in my book, and he is tickled to death with the car so I guess thats all that matters.

CopyRight
03-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Owning a GT500 definitely does NOT make one a "baller." Later, QD.

well, it kinda actually does...because SVT lets the previous SVT owners have first dibs and whatever is left goes on the lot, which in this case has not been many at all, so the dealer has been marking them up like crazy in price, and have sold for 65k-70k. That's pretty baller for your everyday man. And like it's been stated before, the cars are really only being bought by 45+ age group. My ex gf's dad bought one, but he's also got a M5 and M Roadster sitting next to it...so I'd say he got it more for nostalgia.

oh yeah, as for the comment that it's faster than the Zo6.....
Zo6 has been proven it's faster and handles better than the GT500's in Motortrend & Road and Track.

this is still the fastest manufactured for the public SVT Cobra built to date though

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 10:57 AM
well, it kinda actually does...because SVT lets the previous SVT owners have first dibs and whatever is left goes on the lot, which in this case has not been many at all, so the dealer has been marking them up like crazy in price, and have sold for 65k-70k. That's pretty baller for your everyday man. And like it's been stated before, the cars are really only being bought by 45+ age group. My ex gf's dad bought one, but he's also got a M5 and M Roadster sitting next to it...so I'd say he got it more for nostalgia.

Just because you're first in line for a GT500 doesn't give you "baller status." I can't believe the "qualifications" some people give out for this "baller status." Later, QD.

Ruiner
03-18-2007, 11:07 AM
No it's not.:thinking:

Correct! The thing weighs right at 4000lbs! It needs the 500hp just to make it move! Hell, my puny 415hp Porsche turbo was just as fast.

The Z06 eats it alive! Same horsepower, about about 800-900lbs less in weight.

Ruiner
03-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Are you on crack!?!?!

How is a 4000lb, 500hp car going to outrun a 3100lb, 505hp car!?!?! Are you nuts? Seriously, my old Porsche turbo ran low 12s and it only had 415hp; 12.29 @ 116.25mph to be exact. The Z06 is a MID 11s car and the GT500 is a piece of shit in comparison.

Z32redondo
03-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Are you on crack!?!?!

How is a 4000lb, 500hp car going to outrun a 3100lb, 505hp car!?!?! Are you nuts? Seriously, my old Porsche turbo ran low 12s and it only had 415hp; 12.29 @ 116.25mph to be exact. The Z06 is a MID 11s car and the GT500 is a piece of shit in comparison.wow dude chill, i was just goin by what I was told. I was just telling you guys about a guy who got one of his dream cars and instead of the "oh well congrats for him". I got the usual IA comments of "well my NEON could whoop it" or "my car costed half that and would dust that thing". It really wasnt supposed to be a post about which car is better or which car is faster. I appoligize for getting the Z06 info wrong. But seriously I know that there are many cars that are probably better or faster, but im not here to debate on them. I was just letting you guys in on some good news for someone, so calm down with all the who's better shit.

Halfwit
03-18-2007, 11:44 AM
wow dude chill, i was just goin by what I was told. I was just telling you guys about a guy who got one of his dream cars and instead of the "oh well congrats for him". I got the usual IA comments of "well my NEON could whoop it" or "my car costed half that and would dust that thing". It really wasnt supposed to be a post about which car is better or which car is faster. I appoligize for getting the Z06 info wrong. But seriously I know that there are many cars that are probably better or faster, but im not here to debate on them. I was just letting you guys in on some good news for someone, so calm down with all the who's better shit.
FOR REAL.

its a nice car, someone has obviously done ok in the worlkd to be ably to obtain it, the ydeserve to have what the ywant, they dont want an evo, or a srt-4. he dousnt want your 12second porshe. theres hondas that can outrun your 12 second porsche, does that mean u should nt have bought a porsche? NO u bought it cause its what u wanted Y DONT YALL UNDERSTAND.

idiots.

all he was doing is sharing his experience. but i guess the nutswingers of evos ect have to chime in...

VooDooXII
03-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Hah, nice...those are pretty cool. I'm sure they're pretty damn fast too, but I'd expect them to be faster being that they have 500 bhp. I'd take a GTO over it...but that sounds life fun.

:goodjob:

sirkus
03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I'd still take the rustang.. It'd sit in a garage all of it's life though. 30 years from now it'll be worth a good penny.

OneSlow5pt0
03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
fuck that,if i had $70K to spend on car id buy a lotus Elise,and twin turbo that Toyota engine,and still have $15k left...or get a BMW M roadster ,and mod it

sirkus
03-18-2007, 01:36 PM
fuck that,if i had $70K to spend on car id buy a lotus Elise,and twin turbo that Toyota engine,and still have $15k left

I'd have to go for the new Lexus LS460L.. and have no money left over. :rolleyes:

LilMonty
03-18-2007, 01:39 PM

Would definately have to go with an 07 ZO6

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 02:22 PM
FOR REAL.

its a nice car, someone has obviously done ok in the worlkd to be ably to obtain it, the ydeserve to have what the ywant, they dont want an evo, or a srt-4. he dousnt want your 12second porshe. theres hondas that can outrun your 12 second porsche, does that mean u should nt have bought a porsche? NO u bought it cause its what u wanted Y DONT YALL UNDERSTAND.

idiots.

all he was doing is sharing his experience. but i guess the nutswingers of evos ect have to chime in...

preach dude

he coulda bout a supra and modded the hell out of it and it woulda raped the Mustang...

point being, some people like the body styling and the name of the car and don't want a 9-17 year old car...

get off his nuts

Ltdnismorace
03-18-2007, 03:02 PM
maybe the guy is just a mustang fan, born and bred. Whether they will dust a zo6 or not doesn't matter to some people. Some people just like to own a car they "like". As for baller status, you ain't got baller status until you have an exotic. All of us are just wannabee ballers HAHA. I'm talking mayback or however you spell that one fuckin mercedes or bentley or aston martin. Those are baller.

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 03:30 PM
As for baller status, you ain't got baller status until you have an exotic. All of us are just wannabee ballers HAHA..

Exactly, lolol. Later, QD.

Julio
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
hahah this thread is funny..... I bet 97 % of you in this thread can't afford a 60 to 70 K car... and are running your mouth about it... hahahah

Car is a nice car.. Performance might suck.. But Im sure he bought it because he is a fan or loves FORD products. Would I buy it.. no..But
I respect/admire cars that I dont see everyday.. the 500 is a nice car.... and 1/2 you ricers cant touch it.

ahmonrah
03-18-2007, 04:39 PM
i know i cant afford a 60-70k car....that's a fact.
i'm "budget baller" status, where as the minimum requirements for inclusion are:

2 shiny /or rusted quarters in your posession

makos during the week for free "on the ground" alcohol. shits not even bottom shelf!

"GOOD EATS" is the hungryman XL or ramen noodle casserole with crushed saltine cracker crust.

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 05:01 PM
hahah this thread is funny..... I bet 97 % of you in this thread can't afford a 60 to 70 K car... and are running your mouth about it... hahahah

If I'm included in this post, I never bashed the car once. I think it is a nice car. My only comment was that it's not a "baller" car and I also know that I couldn't afford it. Later, QD.

Julio
03-18-2007, 06:36 PM
If I'm included in this post, I never bashed the car once. I think it is a nice car. My only comment was that it's not a "baller" car and I also know that I couldn't afford it. Later, QD.

why is that car not a baller car? Because is not 1/2 a mill?.. but about 60 to 70 % of americans cant afford it ?

I consider that A baller car with a % like that.... And When I say that.. Im estimating.. it can be worst....

And btw, dont let a car fool you.... I know a few people driving 60 to 100k cars who are broke and work only to pay a car note every month .. lame :lmfao:

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 06:39 PM
why is that car not a baller car? Because is not 1/2 a mill?.. but about 60 to 70 % of americans cant afford it ?

Not because it isn't a half mil car. There are a lot of cars that aren't half a mil that are baller cars.

And btw, dont let a car fool you.... I know a few people driving 60 to 100k cars who are broke and work only to pay a car note every month .. lame :lmfao:

And those folks are definitely not baller. Later, QD.

Julio
03-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I bet if you pulled to an event with an exotic and pulled up in gt500 .. the GT500 will get as many looks... Most americans wont know the diffrence unless they are into this thing.

Julio
03-18-2007, 06:43 PM
BTW.. me and the old lady were on SUGARLOAF not to long ago and saw Andrew Jones driving one.....

yup.. hes not a baller .. hahahahahhahah

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 07:01 PM
BTW.. me and the old lady were on SUGARLOAF not to long ago and saw Andrew Jones driving one.....

yup.. hes not a baller .. hahahahahhahah

Now you;re getting carried away, lolol. I never said a baller couldn;t own one. Just saying it doesn't take a baller to own one. Later, QD.

CopyRight
03-18-2007, 07:35 PM
from wikipedia...

Baller is used as both a noun and an adjective. Colloquially, it is often replaced with hella b, short for hella baller, and frequently abbreviated to "balla" due to its pronunciation. It is usually a compliment, and has taken on a meaning similar to cool.

and by it's own right, the Shelby Cobra GT500 is "baller" because it's still the fastest production Cobra to date, and turns plenty of heads.

and Julio pretty much hit the nail on the head. Granted NS Credondo got a little ahead of himself, it's all good because he rode in it and it felt pretty damn fast to him.

Z32redondo
03-18-2007, 09:02 PM
from wikipedia...

Baller is used as both a noun and an adjective. Colloquially, it is often replaced with hella b, short for hella baller, and frequently abbreviated to "balla" due to its pronunciation. It is usually a compliment, and has taken on a meaning similar to cool.

and by it's own right, the Shelby Cobra GT500 is "baller" because it's still the fastest production Cobra to date, and turns plenty of heads.

and Julio pretty much hit the nail on the head. Granted NS Credondo got a little ahead of himself, it's all good because he rode in it and it felt pretty damn fast to him.

Well I know one thing...I got in my 300 and floored it and felt like a poodle. But thats ok cause he said he will let me drive it. Then again I have been dating his daughter for 2 years so we are pretty close. I LOVED that thing. Just got done looking at a 1966 mustang with a rebuilt 302. Pulls 12's and is fast as hell. Guy wants $6500 so I am really trying to sell the Z. 15 minutes later I was playing with a 88 corvette, pulled into my GF's driveway and he said he was interested in buying the car. He said he was interested for his wife, then I he asked for my number and said he would call me. Very ironic that I just got done wishing I had the money for this stang and a couple minutes later someone wants to give it to me.

BTW got pics of the GT500 today I will post up later because I am on the laptop and it dosent have all the software and stuff.

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I bet if you pulled to an event with an exotic and pulled up in gt500 .. the GT500 will get as many looks... Most americans wont know the diffrence unless they are into this thing.

thats a stretch

the average guy that sees a lambo is going to turn a cold shoulder to the ford simply because of the name because they have been told in every single movie in hollywood that its the pinnacle of cars

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM

Everyone has their own opinion of what is baller or not, anyways. I never faulted the car. Just said that I didn't think it is all that. And not because it is a Ford, either. Later, QD.

bigdare23
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm feeling th GT500. It's a nice ass car. But what do I know? I drive a car that was made in 1987, I couldnt know much about modern day cars...

nightracer
03-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you on crack!?!?!

How is a 4000lb, 500hp car going to outrun a 3100lb, 505hp car!?!?! Are you nuts? Seriously, my old Porsche turbo ran low 12s and it only had 415hp; 12.29 @ 116.25mph to be exact. The Z06 is a MID 11s car and the GT500 is a piece of shit in comparison.
What happened to your Porsche?

Julio
03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
thats a stretch

the average guy that sees a lambo is going to turn a cold shoulder to the ford simply because of the name because they have been told in every single movie in hollywood that its the pinnacle of cars

True.. somewhat...

When people see car that are rare as hell.. they will take a double take.

But I do agree with you though.. some idiots will look at a lambo and think is a space ship on wheels or something.

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 09:57 PM

off topic

but do you have an sc430???

i have a 1UZ, i'm wondering what the 2UZ engine is

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 09:58 PM
True.. somewhat...

When people see car that are rare as hell.. they will take a double take.

But I do agree with you though.. some idiots will look at a lambo and think is a space ship on wheels or something.

thanks

repped since you need it so bad... lol :rolleyes:

Slowboy
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh damn. I was very drunk when i made the comment gt500 baller status. Thats a big neg. QD is right,its not baller. I was thinking Ford GT in that case Thats baller. not the upscale mustang. MY B>

Ruiner
03-19-2007, 09:45 AM

I sold it. After only putting 8k on the clock in 2 years, it was time for it to go. I just wasn't driving it anymore and I couldn't justify keeping it around while it depreciated.

Ruiner
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Listen, the point is this: The car is a heavy, fat pig. It weighs close to 2 fucking tons and will never garner any respect from me as a "Sports Car." It is a GT, but can never hold the title of sports car. It needs 500hp just so that it can move its fat ass. Let's see how well it does in the turns with 4000lbs while trying to corner.

I'd never waste my money on one. Given the price point, the C6 Z06 is untouchable.

Nomad!
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I still haven't seen one in person. I'd like to see it & hear it make a high speed pass. One of my friends is a big "Mustang guy" & he damn near drools everytime he talks about the GT 500. Hopefully your GF's dad will let you have a little fun in it. Maybe you can convince him to take it up to the track for a couple of quarter mile runs :D

onebadbird96
03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
regardless its still a ford....

fucker ony runs downhill
:stupid: :stupid:

Z32redondo
03-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I still haven't seen one in person. I'd like to see it & hear it make a high speed pass. One of my friends is a big "Mustang guy" & he damn near drools everytime he talks about the GT 500. Hopefully your GF's dad will let you have a little fun in it. Maybe you can convince him to take it up to the track for a couple of quarter mile runs :D

IDK about track but if something pulled up next to me he wouldnt make me hold back.

OneSlow5pt0
03-19-2007, 07:43 PM
well,when they made the GT500 it was made as a drag car not to be a handling monster,

Lucky DAWG
03-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Listen, the point is this: The car is a heavy, fat pig. It weighs close to 2 fucking tons and will never garner any respect from me as a "Sports Car." It is a GT, but can never hold the title of sports car. It needs 500hp just so that it can move its fat ass. Let's see how well it does in the turns with 4000lbs while trying to corner.

I'd never waste my money on one. Given the price point, the C6 Z06 is untouchable.

regardless
give the man his day