PDA

View Full Version : Fuzz Question

Hulud
03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
can a cop pull you over and give you a ticket if its not in their county/city that they are HQ'd in?

like can a Cobb Co. cop give you a ticket in Fulton?

2.0civic
03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
what did you get pulled over for?

candy2082002
03-16-2007, 09:49 AM
ummmm I don't think so.....I think they have to go by districts, but don't take my word for it.

Hulud
03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
what did you get pulled over for?
i didnt get pulled over, i was jw

i saw a cop go into another county today and it made me wonder

Ran
03-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I don't think they can give you a ticket. They may be able to pull you over and have a cop from that district show to give you a ticket though.

Actually, I have no idea.

Echonova
03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I believe there is a mile or two buffer where they can, but if the offense happened in their county and you reached the county line before you get pulled over then definitely. But I'm no expert.:no:

2.0civic
03-16-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't think they can give you a ticket. They may be able to pull you over and have a cop from that district show to give you a ticket though.

Actually, I have no idea.

thats my understanding as well

Echonova
03-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Sounds like a question for Ruiner.

Hulud
03-16-2007, 10:16 AM
if the offense happened in their county and you reached the county line before you get pulled over then definitely. But I'm no expert.:no:
yea i knew that

im just wondering if you do something in that other county

wheres ruiner when we need him?

Hulud
03-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a question for Ruiner.
damn you! you beat me to it lol

Echonova
03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
wheres ruiner when we need him?

Maybe since he sold the turbo he's no longer faster than a speeding bullet?:thinking:

Hulud
03-16-2007, 10:28 AM
bwahaha, or maybe its the future ball and chain draggin him down

EvasiveEF9
03-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Agreeed, pretty sure it's that they can pull you over, but can't write a ticket, they'd have to wait for a cop from that district to arrive.

Now...if it's by precint, I don't know.

But alot of times when a cop is in a different county, he's transporting someone.

thinkfast®
03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
damn I thought this thread was about my boy hulud finally growin some hair on his chin

oh well

RandomGuy
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
lolol wtf ^^^

Deaf Pimp
03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
As long as the police officer flips his lights on in his jurisdiction and follows you over a county line, he can still give you a ticket.

Ran
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
As long as the police officer flips his lights on in his jurisdiction and follows you over a county line, he can still give you a ticket.I don't think that's the question. It think it's like this.

EXAMPLE
I go "drift" my Yaris in the rain somewhere on Barrett Parkway in Cobb County. An Alpharetta Police Officer sees me and pulls me over. Why he's there, I don't know but whatever. Can he write me a ticket or no?

Hulud
03-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't think that's the question. It think it's like this.

EXAMPLE
I go "drift" my Yaris in the rain somewhere on Barrett Parkway in Cobb County. An Alpharetta Police Officer sees me and pulls me over. Why he's there, I don't know but whatever. Can he write me a ticket or no?
yea thats what i was meaning

doing the illegal act in a county but another county officer sees you, can he give you a ticket?

RandomGuy
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
¿doing something illegal in a county where there is another officer present of another county wherein his jurisdiction is not in effect?

wow
03-16-2007, 11:49 AM
nope i dont think so

Jecht
03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't think that they can ticket you unless there was a officer from that county present to see you break the law. I believe they can pull you over and give you a warning though.

Lucky DAWG
03-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't think that they can ticket you unless there was a officer from that county present to see you break the law. I believe they can pull you over and give you a warning though.

not true

i'm almost completely positive that they have no juristiction there so therefore they directly can not write you a ticket. Another cop is going to believe what the cop from another county says though.

So all they have to do is pull you over and detain you there until another cop from that county shows up to write you the ticket and handle all of the paper work.

Hulud
03-16-2007, 12:28 PM
:lmao:

how can you say "not true"

when you dont even know for sure?

Jecht
03-16-2007, 12:28 PM
not true

i'm almost completely positive that they have no juristiction there so therefore they directly can not write you a ticket. Another cop is going to believe what the cop from another county says though.

So all they have to do is pull you over and detain you there until another cop from that county shows up to write you the ticket and handle all of the paper work.
Oh okay. :goodjob:

Lucky DAWG
03-16-2007, 01:43 PM
:lmao:

how can you say "not true"

when you dont even know for sure?

if a cop blatently sees you doing a drug deal and confronts you afterwards and detains you, but assuming he is from a different county yet on duty; the cop from that county that he calls down is gonna have you under arrest, not just give you a warning because he didn't see you.

common sense?
i think so

thinkfast®
03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7787/buckleupsb6.png

Lucky DAWG
03-16-2007, 01:55 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7787/buckleupsb6.png

not really

hulud
i'm not saying i'm a know it all on this
but there is no way what magius said can be true in most cases, it would have to be a completely minor thing for them to just let you go.

jmmx258
03-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I know in Pa. they had a mile buffer zone to where they could pull you over and write tickets. Anything past that they had to wait for that town/counties cop to come.

Also if you see an out of town/county cop usually they're transporting a prisoner, or going home if they live in other counties. Thats if they're permitted to drive the cruiser home. Some are back home Idk about here. Or they were meeting other officers for Lunch. lol

Lucky DAWG
03-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I know in Pa. they had a mile buffer zone to where they could pull you over and write tickets. Anything past that they had to wait for that town/counties cop to come.

Also if you see an out of town/county cop usually they're transporting a prisoner, or going home if they live in other counties. Thats if they're permitted to drive the cruiser home. Some are back home Idk about here. Or they were meeting other officers for Lunch. lol

shocker

Eurostunna07
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
i didnt get pulled over, i was jw

i saw a cop go into another county today and it made me wonder

lol retard cops do live in different counties or cities and work sumwhere else u know..:gay:

Hulud
03-16-2007, 09:41 PM
lol retard cops do live in different counties or cities and work sumwhere else u know..:gay:
wow, of course i know that.

what i was wondering was IF THEY COULD GIVE YOU A TICKET

not wondering what he was doing, jesus christ :goodjob:

Hulud
03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
bump, ruiner?

Ruiner
03-17-2007, 11:37 PM
There are too many variables for me to know. The answer is yes and no. It depends on too many factors. It depends on if cities/counties have jurisdiction sharing enacted and whatnot as well. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Just because they are not in their "district" so to speak doesn't mean that they can't do anything. It really depends on the rules of the court I do believe.

My advice: a police officer in the state is a police officer, no matter what city/county he is from. Act accordingly.

Hulud
03-17-2007, 11:42 PM
There are too many variables for me to know. The answer is yes and no. It depends on too many factors. It depends on if cities/counties have jurisdiction sharing enacted and whatnot as well. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Just because they are not in their "district" so to speak doesn't mean that they can't do anything. It really depends on the rules of the court I do believe.

My advice: a police officer in the state is a police officer, no matter what city/county he is from. Act accordingly.
yea i mean i wasnt gonna go break the law because he wasnt in jurisdiction, it was just a curiosity question

B16a2 Civic
03-17-2007, 11:43 PM

And there you have.
Officer of the law is an officer of the law, no matter where he at

ThatS13guy
03-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe you saw the cop from one county in another because he was transporting a prisoner or something, or do they do that in armored cars?...i dono ive seen the same thing alpheretta cops in kennesaw and such....kinda odd if you ask me

BuBBa DRiFT
03-17-2007, 11:55 PM
not true

QFT

Hulud
03-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Maybe you saw the cop from one county in another because he was transporting a prisoner or something, or do they do that in armored cars?...i dono ive seen the same thing alpheretta cops in kennesaw and such....kinda odd if you ask me
i wasnt wondering why he was there, cause there are tons of reasons why he could be there, i was jw about if they have jurisdiction to give a ticket

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 11:10 AM
QFT

QFT :thinking:

Mr_Mischif
03-18-2007, 11:48 AM
QFT :thinking:

LOL@ hopelessness; QFT= quoted for truth.

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 11:57 AM
LOL@ hopelessness; QFT= quoted for truth.

lol i'm sorry i must have left my aol instant messanger dictionary over at my friend's house

Mr_Mischif
03-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I hate when I do that; then I'll be like "What the fuck does WTF mean?" LOL

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I hate when I do that; then I'll be like "What the fuck does WTF mean?" LOL

haha +1

sirkus
03-18-2007, 02:04 PM
I was pulled over by a KSU cop in Cartersville. I passed him doing 65 in a 55. All he did was wrote me a warning. I just wanna know what a damn campus police officer is doing that far away from his area.

Lucky DAWG
03-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I was pulled over by a KSU cop in Cartersville. I passed him doing 65 in a 55. All he did was wrote me a warning. I just wanna know what a damn campus police officer is doing that far away from his area.

i just got 62 in a 45 today

damn, 2 tickets in 2 months... not good
time to cut back to pay the fines, wooo :cheers: