PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Fuel system help

eg6hatch
06-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I need to know where the fuse is for the fuel pump. I changed the relay still no fuel so it is either the pump or fuse. If anyone knows lmk. I have a 93 eg civic. Jason

ash7
06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
The fuel pump draws power directly from the main relay... check the relay fuse (should be a blue 15amp) underneath the dash in the spot labled ACG... also, double check your ground to the thermostat.

What kind of problems are you having?

single_cam_ham
06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
The fuel pump draws power directly from the main relay... check the relay fuse (should be a blue 15amp) underneath the dash in the spot labled ACG... also, double check your ground to the thermostat.

what he said!

eg6hatch
06-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I checked and I have no power at the ecu at the fuel pump and I am getting no spark. I don't know what it is I can't check codes. and all the grounds seemed ok. I can't figure it out.

ash7
06-25-2005, 12:14 AM
ecu fuse?

do your headlights turn on? radio? You might have popped one of your BIG fuses under the hood. For that many things to fail at once is a very obvious fuse issue.... unless you have a horrible engine harness.

Here's how you check your ecu codes...

Go to passanger side kick panel and raise up the carpet you should see your ecu. Above your ECU there will be 2 two pin plugs held together by a green boot. pull out the connecter with the brown wire and the green with a white stripe. Take a paper clip or a peice of wire and jump the connecter by inserting each end of the paper clip/wire into each end of the connector. Turn your key to the ON position. Watch your check engine light on your cluster and count the flashes. One long flash is ten, the quick flashes are one.

Let us know what happens.

eg6hatch
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah the ecu fuse under the hood in the box. I know how to check the codes, but nothing happens. the check engine light just stays on doesn't flash or anything. If that is a code 0 then that is the ecu. But I just had my ecu programmed by scott. so it should be fine. Oh yes and all of my headlights and dash lights work fine.

ash7
06-27-2005, 06:18 PM
have you tried running a "hot wire" directly to the pump? Run one straight from your battery to the plug on the pump itself and see if it turns on.

That's what I'd do.

eg6hatch
06-28-2005, 09:59 AM
I checked my power to the pump throught the relay. and It showed that I was getting power to the pump but it is not turning on. I tried another pump and it didn't work either. I think I may have a problem with the harness or something. I can't seem to figure it out. thanks for the help so far. jason

ash7
06-28-2005, 06:35 PM
have you run a wire directly to the pump? The the only way you'll be able to "shoot down" the harness is bypassing it completly if it's got a short in it. If you need another pump harness, I have one sitting in my garage you can have... just pay for shipping.

...have you tried another stock ecu? The one you have might not be grounding the pump circuit out like it should. A continuity check of this circuit would show if power should be going to the pump, but it would not tell if it was actually happening. Try testing for voltage at the pump connecting plug. (it should be in the neighborhood of 12 volts)

Also, double check the pin connectors in the MainRelay harness plug, one could be missing or disconnected without you realizing it.

edit*
are you still getting no spark? if so, then I would def. be suspecting the ecu as the culprit of your problems.

eg6hatch
06-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah I am still getting no spark. I was using a cx harness. I just installed an si harness. everything is plugged in how it should be. all the grounds are fine. but still nothing. I can't figure this one out. I am going to find someone with an obd1 car and try my ecu. But there is no power going to the ecu so I don't think that is what it is. I replaced the relay, it was from a used honda. could it possibly be bad also??? And how about the iginition. could that be it???

ash7
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
if you have no power going to your ecu, the ignition (like you said) could be the problem. but if you're getting the correct amount of "clicks" turning the key, and it's turning the engine over... (and let's not forget that it worked before the harness swap) I'd highly doubt it's causing this.

Start tracing wires

one

by

one.

starting at the battery going torwards the ECU.
I don't think the problem is the relay, it's a rare chance that the "new" one you got is bad also. My money is on the ecu/power problem.

So many things wrong at once when they were working before the swap? I'd say it's an engine harness with some issues.

scttydb411
06-29-2005, 09:11 PM
get the ecu to me tomorrow and i'll plug it in my car again to check it. let's make sure it's not that before you waste more time tracing stuff. it's possible the chip got a bad burn...it would be my first bad burn, but it is possible. call me tomorrow...i'll be heading up to mainstream in the evening.

eg6hatch
06-30-2005, 10:56 AM
I will be bartending tonight so I can't really get free. but we will work something out.

ash7
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
:) see? everything's gonna work out just fine.