PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Carfax account?

Ruiner
03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm selling the Rover and looking to buy a newer gen Pathfinder. I found one locally here in Atlanta. Help? I'll rep ya. :)

JennB
03-15-2007, 09:28 AM
I can run one for you

EDIT: MY CARFAX ACCOUNT IS EXPIRED PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT IT

Ruiner
03-15-2007, 10:13 AM
I can run one for you

Thanks! You have a PM. :)

ShooterMcGavin
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109221&highlight=carfax

never thought i'd have to tell brandon to use the search function :lmao:

Ruiner
03-15-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109221&highlight=carfax

never thought i'd have to tell brandon to use the search function :lmao:

I already PM'd him, but he isn't online. Trust me, I was still one step ahead of you. :) I made this thread to get anyone else who might normally overlook that thread if I bumped it...

Ruiner
03-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Jenn! +1 :)

ixlr8
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Carfax is BS the only person that ever says the damage to the vehicle is an officer at the time of the wreck, it is labeled light, moderate, etc. If no accident report was ever filed on the car by police it is not there. It is a scam, the bodyshops don't give this info due to the privacy act. It makes people feel safe that it is clean but the car might have been fixed at a repair facility that could be in the back yard. Don't trust CarFax make sure you look at the car before purchasing and know what to look at. It does not tell everything, just remember that.

Mr_Mischif
03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Carfax is BS the only person that ever says the damage to the vehicle is an officer at the time of the wreck, it is labeled light, moderate, etc. If no accident report was ever filed on the car by police it is not there. It is a scam, the bodyshops don't give this info due to the privacy act. It makes people feel safe that it is clean but the car might have been fixed at a repair facility that could be in the back yard. Don't trust CarFax make sure you look at the car before purchasing and know what to look at. It does not tell everything, just remember that.

But they have buyback and lemon guarantees, so they'll buy it back if something big's wrong, so what's your point?

ixlr8
03-16-2007, 09:43 PM
the point is the officer half the time don't know what they are looking at. and it is left to their opinion. oooo that is real safe light damage can you explain that and what that involves and if structural damamge is moderate or heavy. Where is structural damage ? A pillar where ? the officers have no idea and it is thier judgement. I think it is a waste of money and that is my opinion. Read the fine print buy back for the value of the vehicle, if you paid to much sorry about your luck. Buy a new car and take it back to the dealer 1 month later and see what they give you for it based on value