PDA

View Full Version : I Done Did Goin' To College Mama

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
yea well I posted a thread a ways back asking your guys for your opinion on what school I should go to, and all of last week i visited different schools and checked them out.

Auburn = not impressed at all
Tennessee = drove through it coming back from offroading, didn't get a good enough opinion
Alabama = really fun school, but not the choice for me
Florida State = well hell its in Florida, and a lot of people here have told me its good
USC = gorgeous campus and girls, and in Top 3 for International Business, one of the best honors colleges... most IA'ers recommended it to me.

So i narrowed it town to USC and FSU, which were really neck and neck

After days and days of researching through college prowler books, asking for people's opinions, and studying every detail of the schools... back to back on every note imaginable from security, campus food, and nightlife in the towns...

as you can see in my avatar, i chose USC. I think i made the right decision, or atleast i hope so, it just seemed to be the best fit for me.

just thought i would share because i'm pretty excited about it, I'll be going in the 2007 Term, wish me luck! :D

quickdodge®
03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I think i made the right decision

I think so, too.

Unread Today, 07:41 PM
COCKS

Later, QD.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I think so, too.

Unread Today, 07:41 PM
COCKS

Later, QD.

yes, the gamecocks is their team :thinking:

i don't know if that is a in insult, a pat on the back, or a grammar correction lol... that one is over my head QD

quickdodge®
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
i don't know if that is a in insult, a pat on the back, or a grammar correction lol... that one is over my head QD

Maybe you shouldn't go directly to college. Lolol. Under your screen name, you have COCKS. I typed in that you went to the right school because of COCKS. A homoquip. Lolol. Later, QD.

B16a2 Civic
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
For sports?

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe you shouldn't go directly to college. Lolol. Under your screen name, you have COCKS. I typed in that you went to the right school because of COCKS. A homoquip. Lolol. Later, QD.

lol well thankyou then.

I went on the tour at USC, and our guide was kind of a nerdy looking pasty guy; He informed us that once a year they have a festival called... "Cockfest".
Me and another kid started chuckling and he began to question what was so funny; whats so shocking is that he questioned why we were laughing; i was like are you serious? i can't possibly be the first person to laugh at that on a tour... it was only his second time though, so its understandable.

i'm looking forward to getting a hat that just says, "Cocks" on it and it be completely legit and not portray me as some perv lol.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
For sports?

what you mean?

am i getting a scholarship on sports you mean?
i'm pretty good at tennis, but i don't think they have a team. They have like 2 courts at the entire school.

Evil Goat
03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
macon state college/central georgia technical college ftw, lol.....i opted to stay at home and go to school if you cant tell

quickdodge®
03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
they have a festival called... "Cockfest".

Not really sure if I could partake in those festivities. As much as I'd hate to, I'd have to head back to Atlanta during those times.

"Cocks" on it and it be completely legit and not portray me as some perv lol.

No. You'll still be portrayed as one, lolol.

BTW, congratulations on your choice and the choice to go to school. I think it will be a wise decision and I wish you luck, dude. Later, QD.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
macon state college/central georgia technical college ftw, lol.....i opted to stay at home and go to school if you cant tell

i don't blame ya, i need a quick kick outta the nest though lol.

i think if i stay at home i'll rely on my parents too much, USC was just the right distance away, too far for me to come crawling back, but close enough for the ocassional visit.

Plus its 1 hour from the beach, 2 hours from some good hiking, and 4 hours from great skiing spots (no rockies though, but HEY!)

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Not really sure if I could partake in those festivities. As much as I'd hate to, I'd have to head back to Atlanta during those times.

No. You'll still be portrayed as one, lolol.

BTW, congratulations on your choice and the choice to go to school. I think it will be a wise decision and I wish you luck, dude. Later, QD.

thanks QD

i'm glad to be one of the few youngster / noobs to the site that you don't shread apart lol. Do you ever go to any meets or anything, i think as apart of my checklist before leaving this fall; Meeting QD is on the list and remains unchecked for the time being.

i'll give the cockfest a chance though, as long as the name is a simple oxymoron... beautiful girls :idb:
and don't worry, i'll still be an atlantan at heart

quickdodge®
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
i'm glad to be one of the few youngster / noobs to the site that you don't shread apart lol.

I shred upon stupidity. You've not really displayed it.

Do you ever go to any meets or anything, i think as apart of my checklist before leaving this fall; Meeting QD is on the list and remains unchecked for the time being.

An IA meet wasn't an IA meet without QD at it back in the day. I rarely go at all these days, but we will definitely meet up before the summer is out. Plan that.

i'll give the cockfest a chance though, as long as the name is a simple oxymoron... beautiful girls :

Just as long as those beautiful girls are the ones festivating(lolol) on the cock. Lolol. Later, QD.

wantboost
03-14-2007, 09:58 PM
what you mean?

am i getting a scholarship on sports you mean?
i'm pretty good at tennis, but i don't think they have a team. They have like 2 courts at the entire school.
they have a division I team, if you are good what tournaments do you play?

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
they have a division I team, if you are good what tournaments do you play?

"pretty" good

i've only played 3 years, i play on my school team, i'd have to get a ton better to play on a division I team. plus i didn't try out this year since i need time to get a job and focus more on working out. after a 3 month cold period, i just started back playing yesterday.

I might do a tourney this summer though, i worked at a tennis center last summer so maybe my old boss could suggest something to me, you have any suggestions, you sound like you play tennis

oh and do you play outta a neighberhood or school or sumtin?

hypothetically speaking as well would they let me just walk on to try out in like a year or two, no way i'd be ready to even try out for their team this fall. I imagine you'd have to be pretty good to come in halfway through your college stay... i'll prob just end up doing it IM and soccer IM

NewGen33
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Well good luck and make us proud. Also I didn't know they were that highly rated in business. I just might have to check that place out.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
thanks bro

yea business is one of their top programs, that and like biology and psychology i think?
their international business is #2 or #3, and they have a good study abroad program and i think they are a carnegie institute, or soon will be

NewGen33
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
thanks bro

yea business is one of their top programs, that and like biology and psychology i think?
their international business is #2 or #3, and they have a good study abroad program and i think they are a carnegie institute, or soon will be
I think I'm going to go talk to my counselor about USC tomorrow. I want to get a degree in business so I think going there would be a good move on my part.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
what grade you in and where at?
you looking at anywhere else?

NewGen33
03-14-2007, 11:03 PM
what grade you in and where at?
you looking at anywhere else?
11th grade
North Gate HS, its in Coweta county
Not sure I was going to go check out Georgia sate because I heard they had a good business program. I know there a couple more but I don't remember right now. I'll check this after my exams tomorrow.

wantboost
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
"pretty" good

i've only played 3 years, i play on my school team, i'd have to get a ton better to play on a division I team. plus i didn't try out this year since i need time to get a job and focus more on working out. after a 3 month cold period, i just started back playing yesterday.

I might do a tourney this summer though, i worked at a tennis center last summer so maybe my old boss could suggest something to me, you have any suggestions, you sound like you play tennis

oh and do you play outta a neighberhood or school or sumtin?

i play 6 days a week at an academy, was sponsored for 6 years and have reached top 50 in the nation. go to tournaments.usta.com to if you want to play some tournaments. they have one at hudlow every month that is good when you dont have many ranking points.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 11:08 PM
11th grade
North Gate HS, its in Coweta county
Not sure I was going to go check out Georgia sate because I heard they had a good business program. I know there a couple more but I don't remember right now. I'll check this after my exams tomorrow.

yea, its not that hard to get into either.
great environment as well, Georgia State will give you zero college life, i have friends who go there and they hate it.

only bad thing is USC is 30k a year out of state.....:eek:
so if you can deal with that then by all means go ahead, there honors college needs like a 4.3 to get in and average SAT of 1450, so go for that if you can, i don't qualify but i'm going to try and transfer into it if they let you do that.

but yea i'm goin to bed, i'll check back tomorrow
night,
chase

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 11:09 PM
i play 6 days a week at an academy, was sponsored for 6 years and have reached top 50 in the nation. go to tournaments.usta.com to find some tournaments

well i was gonna say wanna play but fuck that now... haha :lmfao:

do you know Doug Perrin, he used to be #1 in the state, and in the top 100 for the nation.

he's one of my good friends, hes playing on a scholarship at UVA next year

wantboost
03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
do you know Doug Perrin, he used to be #1 in the state, and in the top 100 for the nation.

i dont know him personally but have heard of and seen him play. good player.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 11:23 PM
i dont know him personally but have heard of and seen him play. good player.

yea, better then his stats show
beats himself up under pressure a lot and loses his temper

a common problem

ShooterMcGavin
03-14-2007, 11:57 PM
need to go to the REAL USC ;) i know i regret not going there :D

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-15-2007, 12:33 AM
nice...

my ex went there and loved it..

TheGrillMan
03-15-2007, 01:48 AM
hell yeah usc is a good school glad you didn;t go to auburn haha

phongt12
03-15-2007, 02:42 AM
why didn't you consider UGA? it's the biggest school and georgia, and the terry school of business is very reputable. the campus is huge as hell and really nice, plus the girl guy percentage is 65/35 :) alot of people steer clear of UGA since they have the impression that most students are obnoxious and redneck hicks. i've kind of gotten used to it, and just ignore greek life in general since most guys there are too cocky for their own good and most girls are too fake. other than that, the rest of the student population is really nice and there is alot of things to do here.

i'll be transferring to GT next semester, so it'll be a sausage fest until i graduate :( . oh well, i have alot of connections around ATL so i don't think i'll have too much of a problem with girls or finding friends.

Lucky DAWG
03-15-2007, 06:21 AM
why didn't you consider UGA? it's the biggest school and georgia, and the terry school of business is very reputable. the campus is huge as hell and really nice, plus the girl guy percentage is 65/35 :) alot of people steer clear of UGA since they have the impression that most students are obnoxious and redneck hicks. i've kind of gotten used to it, and just ignore greek life in general since most guys there are too cocky for their own good and most girls are too fake. other than that, the rest of the student population is really nice and there is alot of things to do here.

i'll be transferring to GT next semester, so it'll be a sausage fest until i graduate :( . oh well, i have alot of connections around ATL so i don't think i'll have too much of a problem with girls or finding friends.

b/c u need like a 4.0 and to be a triathelete these days to get in

Jkuao
03-15-2007, 07:17 AM
b/c u need like a 4.0 and to be a triathelete these days to get in

HS shouldn't be very hard to get fairly high grades. It's all inflated these days anyway and if you can't maintain above a 3.5 in HS, you really need to examine how cost effective it is to go to a more competitive college or spend too much given less than half of people in college graduate.

I'd recommend applying to UGA still. Given the lack of guys, you actually may have a shot if they're looking to keep diversity up.

30k per year better be including all tuition, fees, and housing or it's an extreme ripoff. USC (The one in Cali) is only 33k tuition and it's a top 30 school. Unless you think that SC can provide a 20k better per year education than UGA or State, it's not exactly worthwhile. Assuming your parents front half of that, you're still over 60k in debt by the time you graduate and looking at payments of $600+/mon for 10 years. That's a hell of a lot of debt given the undergrad business degree starting salary averages only 40k.

To be honest, none of the schools you mentioned will get you to Wall St straight out unless you maintain a perfect 4.0 and have some badass internships at top companies. So recruiters for companies will mostly be comparing you to other grads from UGA, State, Auburn, etc on grades and internships rather than just school name. You'd do yourself a much bigger favor and pick a school you're likely to do very well in and minimize your costs. A high GPA and little debt is a far better way to get out of school than heavily in debt compared to the guy who went in state.

I chose the out of state/private school route and my parents dropped 100k in 3 years on top school in NY and it's arguable if the GT degree I also have doesn't get me just as far. I of course didn't study or attempt to keep the high grades...my friends up there who did manage to make 5-6X what I do already (they're no more than 27).

I'm not trying to paint an overly dark picture...just one that does a realistic cost/benefit comparison. If you've got your heart set on the school and the right mindset going in, the extra cost won't affect you too much.

Ran
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Congrats man and good luck! :cheers:

Lucky DAWG
03-15-2007, 10:12 PM
HS shouldn't be very hard to get fairly high grades. It's all inflated these days anyway and if you can't maintain above a 3.5 in HS, you really need to examine how cost effective it is to go to a more competitive college or spend too much given less than half of people in college graduate.

I'd recommend applying to UGA still. Given the lack of guys, you actually may have a shot if they're looking to keep diversity up.

30k per year better be including all tuition, fees, and housing or it's an extreme ripoff. USC (The one in Cali) is only 33k tuition and it's a top 30 school. Unless you think that SC can provide a 20k better per year education than UGA or State, it's not exactly worthwhile. Assuming your parents front half of that, you're still over 60k in debt by the time you graduate and looking at payments of $600+/mon for 10 years. That's a hell of a lot of debt given the undergrad business degree starting salary averages only 40k.

To be honest, none of the schools you mentioned will get you to Wall St straight out unless you maintain a perfect 4.0 and have some badass internships at top companies. So recruiters for companies will mostly be comparing you to other grads from UGA, State, Auburn, etc on grades and internships rather than just school name. You'd do yourself a much bigger favor and pick a school you're likely to do very well in and minimize your costs. A high GPA and little debt is a far better way to get out of school than heavily in debt compared to the guy who went in state.

I chose the out of state/private school route and my parents dropped 100k in 3 years on top school in NY and it's arguable if the GT degree I also have doesn't get me just as far. I of course didn't study or attempt to keep the high grades...my friends up there who did manage to make 5-6X what I do already (they're no more than 27).

I'm not trying to paint an overly dark picture...just one that does a realistic cost/benefit comparison. If you've got your heart set on the school and the right mindset going in, the extra cost won't affect you too much.

thankyou but i have looked over it a lot.

i have gone to meetings with my college counciler countless times, and he won an award for being the top counciler in the southeast for highschools, we together decided that USC was the best fit.

we're also going to buy a house up there and get instate tuition by my second year. and its 27k for everything, room and board, tuition, food, transportation, personal etc.

The honors college which i plan on going to is one of the best in the entire country and rivals any private school, its got a great sports program and huge campus and 15,000 people which is hard to find at MOST private schools, not all ofcourse. i'm interested in international business too, which is #2 in the nation there.

so it works for me... also getting a high GPA there won't be a problem, i've learned from my mistakes and i'm not there to fuck around

Lucky DAWG
03-15-2007, 10:24 PM
need to go to the REAL USC ;) i know i regret not going there :D

yes since USC in South Carolina was formed before even the state of California was entered into the union... that makes the Cali one the real USC??? :thinking:

IndianStig
03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I didn't even apply to USC, its a shame, I'm starting to hear all these good things about it. Auburn woulda been an easy in, but the price killed it for me. I still don't know where I will go next year, State, UGA, Tech, maybe even Emory. What high school are you coming from?

so it works for me... also getting a high GPA there won't be a problem, i've learned from my mistakes and i'm not there to fuck around

Isn't that crazy how that happens? Lol, how magically, towards the close of high school, mid way through Junior year, you learn how far a little work really goes? Haha, oh well.

Frög
03-16-2007, 04:40 AM
UGA has a really good ia and ib progam... though it is very tuf. i was studying for IB, but m changing.. last semester, 700 ppl applied to the business college for IB and 25 got in..

Lucky DAWG
03-16-2007, 05:55 AM
I didn't even apply to USC, its a shame, I'm starting to hear all these good things about it. Auburn woulda been an easy in, but the price killed it for me. I still don't know where I will go next year, State, UGA, Tech, maybe even Emory. What high school are you coming from?

Isn't that crazy how that happens? Lol, how magically, towards the close of high school, mid way through Junior year, you learn how far a little work really goes? Haha, oh well.

lol yup, once the threat of college comes you learn to balance your time better and that its time to grow up.

i'm coming from the walker school though, its over on 41, private

we have college wear day today for those who know where they are going, so i'm decked out in Cock Gear today, i tried to find a shirt that said simply "I'm A Cock" to wear today, but no such luck in finding one haha :lmfao:

if i change my major though i might transfer to another school with an even better program if i feel that its right. For now though i know its the best choice, and nothing is locking me into the school for four years or anything.

we'll see...

Lucky DAWG
03-16-2007, 05:55 AM
Congrats man and good luck! :cheers:

thanks broseph :cheers: