PDA

View Full Version : so who all is tired of comcast???!!!

phongt12
03-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Ever since we dropped Dish Network for Comcast, our tv signal has been completely awful. Maybe it's just my area, but every time I try to view something "On Demand," there is a freakin error message, and occasionally I am limited to seeing only local channels or certain channels cause the damn digital cable sucks so bad. I ordered "The Prestige" last week on PPV, and I hit the error message about halfway into the movie and was so pissed off that I had to go out and buy the DVD myself. Added to the fact that our 50" Pioneer Plasma at home is completely waste of $4500, except for DVD movies :goodjob: . Every channel on Comcast's "digital" cable looks like sh*t compared to Dish Network. When I watched the Super Bowl, I could barely make out Peyton's face. I'm not a cable electrician, but it doesn't take an idiot to figure out Comcast's "digital" network is really broadcast in analog, and I'm not going to pay extra for a few HD channels. Pretty soon we are going to switch to DirecTV and try that out. At least with satellite, every channel is broadcast in true digital.

Oh yeah, and Comcast Cable Internet blows as well. They claim speeds to up 8 mbps our lines. We've had them run tests and optimization on our lines, yet somehow we are running at only 55-60% of their claimed speed. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice but to keep the internet cause unlike with Bellsouth DSL, I never have to reset the d*mn router and log back in every single month when the internet goes out. I forgot to add in that Comcast Customer Service is completely awful:2up: .

uproot
03-14-2007, 01:55 PM
i've never had a problem with my comcast.. picture is always great quality, ONDemand works about 95% of the time, and my internet is fast.... sorry to hear you're not having as good of luck

where are you located?

oh yeah, and comcast customer service does suck

disrupt
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
their customer service is also absolute shit, and they charge you way more than they should(though we did have the hd channels). i never had problems with the tv though. minus a few times they were slow processing the payment and cancelled our service.
why'd you drop your dish network service btw?

phongt12
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
their customer service is also absolute shit, and they charge you way more than they should.
why'd you drop your dish network service btw?

We were looking for a faster and more reliable internet connection than with our Bellsouth DSL. Seeing that the cable internet bill with Comcast would be cheaper when bundled with digital cable tv, we dropped Dish Network. Man I wish we still hadn't did that though. My dad cut a deal with them that gave us discounts on the DVR recording service, so I was able to record, rewind, replay TV shows like TiVo. Now, they are probably pissed that we defected to Comcast lol.

candy2082002
03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
We havent had any problems with Comcast.........We use on demand maybe once a week so wouldnt really know bout that. That sucks tho I am sorry

jmmx258
03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Comcast is going bye bye's lol..slowly but surely

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Comcast is a rip off, we are switching to satellite here i'm pretty sure.

they run a monopoly and charge ridiculous prices, and their customer service is horrible; they know they have no competition in the cable business and simply do not give a fuck how your experience is with them. I had to tell the technician how to do his job when he came out here, he started messing with the VCR and i had to direct him to the right box, they are complete morons.

Comcast ftl

jmmx258
03-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Comcast is a rip off, we are switching to satellite here i'm pretty sure.

they run a monopoly and charge ridiculous prices, and their customer service is horrible; they know they have no competition in the cable business and simply do not give a fuck how your experience is with them. I had to tell the technician how to do his job when he came out here, he started messing with the VCR and i had to direct him to the right box, they are complete morons.

Comcast ftl

My dad had to do that back home when Time Warner started merging with Adelphia. We had TW. An old Adelphia tech came out. Total imbosile. I just sat aside.....chuckling at him. We had satelite before TW, and the reciever was stuffed in a lower shelf on the entertainment center. He kept playing with that. Even though it said DSS right on the front of it. lol

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
My dad had to do that back home when Time Warner started merging with Adelphia. We had TW. An old Adelphia tech came out. Total imbosile. I just sat aside.....chuckling at him. We had satelite before TW, and the reciever was stuffed in a lower shelf on the entertainment center. He kept playing with that. Even though it said DSS right on the front of it. lol

haha well atleast someone else fells my pain

this is what the comcast rep will tell you on the phone...

You: So when is the technician coming out? I have a few errands to run
Rep: Well he should be there anytime between 8 am and 8 pm... can you wait at home that long?
You: Oh yes, i planned on sitting home and jacking off for 12 hours today anyways, just tell him to call when hes 5 minutes away...

:2up:

Sol-Badguy
03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, at my girlfriend's house, they put one of the little things that's supposed to cut off the cable until you repay them or something. We tried to call a technician out for a 2 weeks and no one showed.

I took it off myself, they think no one could figure it out.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, at my girlfriend's house, they put one of the little things that's supposed to cut off the cable until you repay them or something. We tried to call a technician out for a 2 weeks and no one showed.

I took it off myself, they think no one could figure it out.

is that cow dead in your sig?
how the hell did it get on a car hood? :lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
is that cow dead in your sig?
how the hell did it get on a car hood? :lmfao:
Ever watch Top Gear?

It's from their "American Road Trip" Special.

ps. Yes, it's dead.

Lucky DAWG
03-14-2007, 08:05 PM
lol nice

Leisa
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Ever since we dropped Dish Network for Comcast, our tv signal has been completely awful. Maybe it's just my area, but every time I try to view something "On Demand," there is a freakin error message, and occasionally I am limited to seeing only local channels or certain channels cause the damn digital cable sucks so bad. I ordered "The Prestige" last week on PPV, and I hit the error message about halfway into the movie and was so pissed off that I had to go out and buy the DVD myself. Added to the fact that our 50" Pioneer Plasma at home is completely waste of $4500, except for DVD movies :goodjob: . Every channel on Comcast's "digital" cable looks like sh*t compared to Dish Network. When I watched the Super Bowl, I could barely make out Peyton's face. I'm not a cable electrician, but it doesn't take an idiot to figure out Comcast's "digital" network is really broadcast in analog, and I'm not going to pay extra for a few HD channels. Pretty soon we are going to switch to DirecTV and try that out. At least with satellite, every channel is broadcast in true digital.

Oh yeah, and Comcast Cable Internet blows as well. They claim speeds to up 8 mbps our lines. We've had them run tests and optimization on our lines, yet somehow we are running at only 55-60% of their claimed speed. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice but to keep the internet cause unlike with Bellsouth DSL, I never have to reset the d*mn router and log back in every single month when the internet goes out. I forgot to add in that Comcast Customer Service is completely awful:2up: .

I feel your pain... we have had comcast for about 3 weeks (if that)... the fuckng box keeps turning off by itself.... not a damn thing good is on the demand crap and their internet.. slow as shit, and we constantly have to reset our router... :2up: :2up:

Chuckster
03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes, comcast sucks barrels of monkey nuts. Customer service sucks, signal sucks, stupid "to be announced" sucks. On Demand sucks, worst of all the techs suck fuckign major camel nuts. Because they cant fix a damn thing. Stupid bitches are here every other week. Fucktards!

But i do like their internet service never had a problem with it. Except the fact its slower then the slowskies.

Sol-Badguy
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, comcast sucks barrels of monkey nuts. Customer service sucks, signal sucks, stupid "to be announced" sucks. On Demand sucks, worst of all the techs suck fuckign major camel nuts. Because they cant fix a damn thing. Stupid bitches are here every other week. Fucktards!

But i do like their internet service never had a problem with it. Except the fact its slower then the slowskies.
+1 fo dem toitles.

sebastianHoff
03-14-2007, 09:46 PM
you think you have it bad?

in dahlonega (really anyone north of forsyth county) tv, phone, and the internet are all controlled by one company. it cost the same for me to call my parents in cumming as it does to call my brother in valdosta. the slow ass dsl line i have cost more than my parents cable internet, cable tv and phone service put together. the connection is so bad that i have to wait for picture to load on IA. the fucked up part is you have to have a phone line to have dsl, and if you have a phone line you have to have a long distance plan. i dont even have a friggin house phone, but i've got a long distance plan.

no for the tv... alltel offers about 50 channels with their basic package, none of which i watch, ever. movie channels can be added at $12 a pop per month. so the math adds up to 50 regular channels (that all suck) and 4 movie channels (hbo, showtime, the movie channel, and cinemax) for over $100 a month. i've got direct tv premium package and it comes out to about $94 a month. i've got more movie channels than they offer regular channels.

sorry to bitch but alltel is the suck.

240sxautox
03-15-2007, 12:01 AM
I am absolutely furious with comcast right now, same thing happens with my on demand it's pissing me off.

Brett
03-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Let me chime in. We dropped Dish network for Comcast as well when we moved into our new house last month. Here is my experience so far:

*Install Was Bumped 4 days in a row
*Internet Speed is only at 3 megs not the 6+ they claim
*Cable box in living room keeps turning itself off and resetting every 20 minutes, so I call the useless ghetto folk they call phone rep's, they have a guy come out and give me another box, and it still is doing it.
*GHETTO ASS CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS in case I didnt make that clear in the one above this.
*On Demand is down pretty much every week

Should I go on?

The Ren
03-15-2007, 06:38 AM
I used to have adelphia, but they got bought out by comcast.. so far only since ive been switched over to comcast, I have had problems with ppv's.. we tried to order one of the wrestling ppv's and we got nothing.. so I called and complained and they said.. we will credit you.. and guess what.. it was still on my next bill... lately the net has been going in and out.. and i will repeat what everyone else said.. customer service is shit..

con
03-15-2007, 07:06 AM
I concur for ghetto customer service, seems like everyone of them I talk to is from Decatur.

I do favor it over satellite though, I had many problems with Dish Network: I had to have a tech come out and replace some part of the antennae after nearly every thunderstorm. So about everytime it stormed I had no service.

Comcast reception does suck and I never realized how much until I viewed the over the air HDTV (wow). Movies On Demand suck monkey balls, seen them all (years ago). I most view videos and music showcases with it. Oh, what is up with the premium channels. If another good channel specific series doesn't come out soon I'm cancelling them.

The internet service, I really enjoy plus they have some new booster shiat that I can really tell the difference when downloading large files. The lines in my area are fairly new due to being a new subdivision, if that has anything to do with it.

The amount that I'm saving over BellSouth for telephone service is like $40 per month, so glad I'm not getting raped by them anymore. I was paying $68 per month and I never used the thing.

Heads up, for the current Comcast subscribers: I currently pay about $155 per month for my bundled service however checked their website and see it's now being promoted for like $125. I keep forgetting to call, but I do need those savings. Bastards should automatically change it.

Leisa
03-15-2007, 08:58 AM
well I have complained so much, (Im good at that)... that my current bill is a -$154.00

Mchnhead2k5
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM
my current comcast bill is just under 85 bucks, internet and tv.