PDA

View Full Version : 06 SI stolen in Mableton

EJ_Allmota
03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Just got word a few hours ago that a good friend of mine by the name of Chris' HFP 06 SI got stolen either late Sunday night or very early Monday morning.. Shit got stolen right out of his driveway, no broken glass or anything like that. Woke up and car was gone.. Be on the look out...

here is a pic of it i still had floatin around.. Im still lookin for better ones..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/EJ_ALLMOTA/107_4700edit.jpg

osnap
03-13-2007, 12:15 AM
i think i know this guy! kinda bigger dude, hangs out at barrett?

anyways ill keep my eyes open either way

EJ_Allmota
03-13-2007, 12:22 AM
i think i know this guy! kinda bigger dude, hangs out at barrett?

anyways ill keep my eyes open either way
yea he be out on Barrett regularly...

boosted_nonv
03-13-2007, 01:30 AM
this shit fucking sucks, i got my cousins looking out also

SPOOLIN
03-13-2007, 09:08 AM
HOLY SHIT josh green talked to that guy on friday night at the BP on barrett while we were down there, how crazy.

Sol-Badguy
03-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh fuck! I know him! Used to mess with him on 285 everyday after work.

I'll definitely keep a look-out since I live in Mableton.

Keep in mind it's got 18" HFP gunmetal 7-spoke wheels. It's got navigation too. He was talking about it had to be ordered that way, so it'll be different than most others. It's also stock, save for an AEM CAI.

KevinT707
03-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I know Chris also so I'll try to help as much as possible. There aren't many NEW Si that have the HFP wheels on them so keep an eye out for it, + he has an AEM License Plate Frame also. So with those 2 combinations.

Here's a pic of what the wheels looks like.

CHADbee
03-14-2007, 05:52 PM
damn thats sucks i meet him at the varsity the night that picture was taken, he parked next to swoll

that sucks.

SoLJames95
03-16-2007, 01:05 AM
It was repoed, he just doesnt know it yet.

Brett
03-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Oh damn, he came out the the Varsity meets alot last season right? Damn that was a good looking car to

GSRtegŪ
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM
If its got navigation that means GPS man didnt the police try tracking it that way?

05Tib
03-16-2007, 12:17 PM
seems strange... use to reading stolen 92-98... not 2006. Didnt realize the new Si is that popular already. That color/rims should be easy to spot though

Eurostunna07
03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
no alarm? wtf..car that easy to jack?:thinking:

Sol-Badguy
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I know Chris also so I'll try to help as much as possible. There aren't many NEW Si that have the HFP wheels on them so keep an eye out for it, + he has an AEM License Plate Frame also. So with those 2 combinations.

Here's a pic of what the wheels looks like.
Yeah, I forgot about the tag frame.

They'll probably take it off though..

I just hope he finds it. He's cool.

SLow_POke
03-16-2007, 01:34 PM
damn . i know its not impossible but . the new si's are hard as fuck to steal( or should be ) I'm saying ecause i had one black . with navi also

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Smoke_em/civic/DSC00355.jpg

hope he gets it back

Vteckidd
03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
wow, thats crazy. its almost impossible to steal the new SIs with the immobilizers an such. Either someone made a copy of the key or someone disabled the immobiliZer, you cant just hotwire them

db_bogdan
03-17-2007, 01:18 PM
damn... he was a good friends around barrett pkwy.
yo chris, you know i am an instaler! so i did some research on 06 SI`s! they really can`t be hotwired. So u said no broken glass. from this point there are 3 things to suspect.
1) your car been reposest, or someone from the dealer ship sold your keys under the table.... :(
2) it was someone you know. They took your keys and made a copy. stole the car with no problems....
3) and the least likely one... They were genius thiefs.

Anyway, if u have more details, let me know. Sorry about your car dawg. I`ll see ya at barrett 2night.

KevinT707
03-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Chris came up to my work today and told me that since the car never went off and there was no broke glass that it was picked up by a tow truck .. HrmmM?

Vteckidd
03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
unless it was a hook truck an his car was turned around, impossible to tow it .

Halfwit
03-17-2007, 06:53 PM
ive talked to that guy quite a few times. back during "red oak" days....and at the summit meets taht used to eb held.

aaronfelipe
03-17-2007, 10:14 PM
damn... he was a good friends around barrett pkwy.
yo chris, you know i am an instaler! so i did some research on 06 SI`s! they really can`t be hotwired. So u said no broken glass. from this point there are 3 things to suspect.
1) your car been reposest, or someone from the dealer ship sold your keys under the table.... :(
2) it was someone you know. They took your keys and made a copy. stole the car with no problems....
3) and the least likely one... They were genius thiefs.

Anyway, if u have more details, let me know. Sorry about your car dawg. I`ll see ya at barrett 2night.
You CAN'T just steal the keys and make a working copy. They new key would not be programmed to get the fuel pump working. Car would just crank and crank. You need the ECU AND the key to "sync" them.

SoLJames95
03-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Man, if you couldnt hear a tow truck towing that bitch away then damn. You should hear that bitch especially in the driveway. AKA REPOED!!!!

bafbrian
03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
He should have the cops go around to local Honda dealerships and ask has anyone order a key by vin number for an 06 Si. I know my car was stolen like that and it is a 98 Civic Ex. All a theft needs is your vin number to get a copy of your key, most dealerships don't ask your name, maybe your address at most.

db_bogdan
03-19-2007, 09:17 PM
You CAN'T just steal the keys and make a working copy. They new key would not be programmed to get the fuel pump working. Car would just crank and crank. You need the ECU AND the key to "sync" them.

i spoke without thinking :D lol...! i install alarms and i run in that problem with the new cars... :( everybody wanna make me work hard and they want remote start on 2005...2006 cars... :no: BAD BAD BAD :no: remote start kills your engine..... in time!

db_bogdan
03-19-2007, 09:20 PM
He should have the cops go around to local Honda dealerships and ask has anyone order a key by vin number for an 06 Si. I know my car was stolen like that and it is a 98 Civic Ex. All a theft needs is your vin number to get a copy of your key, most dealerships don't ask your name, maybe your address at most.

hmmmmm... not really. i used to work as a driver for promace imports... and every time i had to pick up a key for any car.... make a copy... i needed to bring the title of the car. if you are an individual, you need to show that the car is yours. and yes they do ask for an ID.

bafbrian
03-19-2007, 10:39 PM
hmmmmm... not really. i used to work as a driver for promace imports... and every time i had to pick up a key for any car.... make a copy... i needed to bring the title of the car. if you are an individual, you need to show that the car is yours. and yes they do ask for an ID.

Ok, there are exceptions to this. In the past, this was the way thevies would get keys.

That is what I should have said the first time.

Julio
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
that shit sounds like it got repo'd or something..

Turbo04
03-22-2007, 12:43 AM

Shit I went to acura last week and got a new key prgrammed for my car in like 2 min. No question of owning or such. I'm sure they are suppposed to see proof, but supposed to and doing are 2 very different things. Thank fully I do not trust just the factory security. I'm thinking this sounds like a repo. I jsut don't see someone going through all the trouble of cutting/securing a new key just to steal a civic that is for the most part stock. There are countless other people running around with k20's in older hondas that would be way easier to steal but I will keep an eye out for it as well. I think I met this guy last year while working at CC.

Brett
03-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah maybe he got it repoed and doesnt want anyone to know it so he just told everyone it was stolen. I mean I didnt know the new civic's were that hard to steal, But if it is as hard as what everyone is saying and needs a programmed key, etc... Yeah... It was taken back for non payment and maybe he doesnt want his pride hurt, so its just easier to explain it was stolen when everyone asks him where is his car.

06Sirider
03-29-2007, 07:23 PM
IT WASN'T REPOED I PUT 6000.00 DOWN ON IT AND DOUBLED MY PAYMENTS EACH MONTH THE INSURANCE COMPANY SAYS THERE GONNA PAY IT OFF. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNEW THAT I LOVED MY CAR IN 14 MONTHS I HAD ABOUT 15000.00 INVESTED PLUS MODS SO ANY ONE THAT THINKS MY SHIT WAS REPOED I WISH THEY WOULD TELL ME TO MY FACE

gtikid
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Your shit was repoed

babyblueS2K
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Damn sorry for ur loss chris.

GSRtegŪ
03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Any updates?

BlkCD5
03-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by db_bogdan

I guess some dealers just don't care. I know when my car died and i had to get the code, they did ask for the title. It just seems like you can never win, cus the theives are on top.

dz N.U.T.Z.
03-29-2007, 11:05 PM
man people know people....i use to work at honda like 2 years ago and i could go up there tomarrow and get a key cut....

sorry to hear about your car.

Hektik
03-29-2007, 11:23 PM
man people know people....i use to work at honda like 2 years ago and i could go up there tomarrow and get a key cut....

sorry to hear about your car.

SO YOUR SAYING YOU DID IT??????loljkjk

Turbo04
03-30-2007, 08:42 AM
IT WASN'T REPOED I PUT 6000.00 DOWN ON IT AND DOUBLED MY PAYMENTS EACH MONTH THE INSURANCE COMPANY SAYS THERE GONNA PAY IT OFF. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNEW THAT I LOVED MY CAR IN 14 MONTHS I HAD ABOUT 15000.00 INVESTED PLUS MODS SO ANY ONE THAT THINKS MY SHIT WAS REPOED I WISH THEY WOULD TELL ME TO MY FACE

You do realize that this is an internet msg board and ppl are gonna say things you may not like. If it really was stolen, I'm sure we are all very sorry, but you have to see it from our point of view...The only way your car could've been stolen short of a tow outta there was for someone to get your keys or have copies of your keys made. Either way it was someone you knew. We don't know you, and for you to get all worked up because given the way the car would have to be stolen we believed it was repo'd, is absurd. You had fully coverage I imagine, and if you got the gap insurance, you should be all good, but I am sorry if it really was stolen.

boosted_nonv
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Trust me when I say he was on top his payments, he was more than on top his pyments, he didn't play around with that, oh yea im still looking out for it Chris

A.P. Photography
03-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Actually you are wrong on that count. If the car makers have been doing what they have done in the past then you can by pass it without having the key programmed to the car. There is an article posted on here somewhere that talks about a "backdoor" to bypass the immobilizer. Kinda messed up but there are ways around it.

Brett
03-31-2007, 08:46 PM
If someone wants a car bad enough, Nothing will keep them from getting it

2micro4u
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
So true..Sorry to hear that bro.

Da_unknown
04-01-2007, 10:37 PM
If someone wants a car bad enough, Nothing will keep them from getting it

that is a very true statement.....

06Sirider
04-18-2007, 10:56 PM