PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler

Lotte
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I was wondering what's your opinion for the best Intercooler for the Stock Twins? I'm going to get the Greddy Elbow so it has to fit.

13Bracer
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah im startin to look at the greddy front mounts but i dont know?

hows the car runnin?

Lotte
03-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about getting the Greddy one. Well the car is in my driveway now. Runs better than the first time. :goodjob: But damn RX-7store still didn't send me my Y-pipe and Brake Lines. Been waiting for like 3 weeks now. :no: How about you? Did you get your parts yet?

Five*Star*
03-13-2007, 08:18 AM
don't go front mount unless you are running a big single turbo. Side (stock) mount is the easiest and cheapest option. V-mount is the ultimate, but pretty pricey. If you guys are interested in a V-mount, give me a call.

Lotte
03-13-2007, 11:51 AM
damn. Front Mount looks so nice though. :D I'll give you a call today about the V-Mount.:goodjob:

13Bracer
03-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about getting the Greddy one. Well the car is in my driveway now. Runs better than the first time. :goodjob: But damn RX-7store still didn't send me my Y-pipe and Brake Lines. Been waiting for like 3 weeks now. :no: How about you? Did you get your parts yet?

damn well good its runnin good...yeah it was gay i was waiting for my radiator and AST, so i called them and was like WTF they told me it was deliverd like 3weeks ago!!! and the person who signed for it wasnt me!! but i went to my apartment office and they had all my stuff sitting there.. they were like oh we were gunna give you a call....fuckin dick heads...im thinkin im gunna take my car up to commerce in the next couple of weeks and run it.. you should go run yours:goodjob:
all i need now is to get my oil pan put on and i should be pretty good to go

Lotte
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah it was gay i was waiting for my radiator and AST, so i called them and was like WTF they told me it was deliverd like 3weeks ago!!! and the person who signed for it wasnt me!! but i went to my apartment office and they had all my stuff sitting there.. they were like oh we were gunna give you a call....fuckin dick heads...
:lmfao: You need to live in a different apartment. How long were they going to hold the parts. Whata bunch of dicks.

Lotte
03-15-2007, 12:15 PM
My differentials are worned out so I don't think I can launch my car anytime soon. But I can meet you up and go there together.:goodjob:

Twinnos
03-16-2007, 10:57 AM
rx7 store just got those greddy mspec fmic kits in and its only $530.00!!

Lotte
03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
What's the difference between the M-Spec Core and the V-Spec Core?

13Bracer
03-17-2007, 02:58 PM
My differentials are worned out so I don't think I can launch my car anytime soon. But I can meet you up and go there together.:goodjob:

sounds good... i think my clutch is goin out so that sucks but ill let you know

Lotte
03-17-2007, 10:43 PM
sounds good... i think my clutch is goin out so that sucks but ill let you know

That sucks. That guy who sold it to you sucks.:tongue1: What clutch are you getting?

halfshaft5
03-18-2007, 07:36 AM
I used upgraded SMIC for a while and had good success with it, definate improvment, I built a car, the red one in my Avater and when the guy who bought it saw it and wanted it really bad so I took everthing off my car and put the stock stuff back on for a while, been a year now, and have a full intent to do a FMIC. I say if you have the money get a front mount, AC needs to be gutted but heck AC on these cars sucks so bad, it not worth having anyway. Just my .02 worth. God Bless

halfshaft5
03-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Also most the front mounts require the battery relocation mod too, I used the small yellow top Optima battery for the upgraded stock mount intercooler to clear it, I will see if I can find pics of it. I have a SMIC setup if anyone is intereseted too that I will not need but its not the for sale section, so I will post it up there later. Anyway, good luck.
Michael

Lotte
03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Can you post some pictures of the SMIC setup?

halfshaft5
03-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Cant find pics of it installed but here it is, I no longer have the tubing to it. Sorry.

Twinnos
03-20-2007, 08:43 AM
What's the difference between the M-Spec Core and the V-Spec Core?
i was told that the "bars" that are in them are different but they are basically the same and its a greddy. you may have to get a smaller battery, a greddy elbow and a bov (which they sell as well) but for that price you cant beat it.

Type-R
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
i've been using a trust fmic for the past 3 years on one of my fd's and it's worked flawlessly.

Lotte
03-21-2007, 11:27 AM
i've been using a trust fmic for the past 3 years on one of my fd's and it's worked flawlessly.

Maybe you can get me a Trust FMIC. :D

Type-R
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Maybe you can get me a Trust FMIC. :D

i got my kit for 900 yen which is about $800'ish range, the turbo intakes costed roughly 290 yen which is $200'ish

Lotte
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Do they work on stock twins?

Type-R
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
that's what set up i was running, yup

Five*Star*
03-22-2007, 08:36 AM
here are pics of a petit installed and a RE amemiya TRUST setup...

13Bracer
03-22-2007, 09:40 AM
here are pics of a petit installed and a RE amemiya TRUST setup...
damn...i like..:goodjob: good stuff. might have to look into that one:yes:

Twinnos
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
im gonna have to get a smaller battery for my FMIC setup, but my battery thats in there looks old anyway, so thats good. i will post pics of the FMIC kit soon, it just came in yesterday.

Type-R
03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
im gonna have to get a smaller battery for my FMIC setup, but my battery thats in there looks old anyway, so thats good. i will post pics of the FMIC kit soon, it just came in yesterday.

grab a drill and get ready to reposition that radiator :-)

Twinnos
03-23-2007, 06:37 PM
~hey mike (five star tuning) did u hear that~ ha ha, i dont believe in manual labor, lol j/p ~i think~ :D

Type-R
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
~hey mike (five star tuning) did u hear that~ ha ha, i dont believe in manual labor, lol j/p ~i think~ :D

lol

installing the fmic is actually pretty easy, you could do it yourself in 1 day with a good set of tools and a drill with a few bits. the hardest thing you'll have to do is change out the power steering line, everything else is just hook pipe 1-2 to 2-2 etc. the instruction book pretty much tells you everything and even has pictures hehe.

EDIT - also forgot you'll need to get a recipricating saw to cut down about 2 inches from the front bumper to allow for the fmic to have room. but still easy and only a 1 day job for someone who's never done it

Twinnos
03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
shyt all my instructions are in japanese!?!?! im sure mike can handle it. thanks though. i will post pics of engine when done.

13Bracer
03-23-2007, 06:56 PM
shyt all my instructions are in japanese!?!?! im sure mike can handle it. thanks though. i will post pics of engine when done.

good stuff man....so wich front mount did you go with?

Twinnos
03-23-2007, 07:01 PM
greddy mspec fmic kit by Trust Co, ltd japan, muhahahha

13Bracer
03-23-2007, 07:05 PM
greddy mspec fmic kit by Trust Co, ltd japan, muhahahha
sounds nice...cant wait to see pics.:goodjob:

Lotte
03-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Sounds good Twinnos. Is it the same one from the RX7store?

halfshaft5
03-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Any body else thinking the RX7 store is getting a little rediculous with the prices since Christmas, I mean, dang, some things have tripled in price. Just an observation. BTW anyone need any thing for a3rd gen, got 2 parts cars if anyone is needing something since Iam coming down. Just shoot me a PM and I will get you a price and whatnot. God bless
Michael

Twinnos
03-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Sounds good Twinnos. Is it the same one from the RX7store?
yep :D still waiting on my greddy elbow with bov flange

Twinnos
03-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Any body else thinking the RX7 store is getting a little rediculous with the prices since Christmas, I mean, dang, some things have tripled in price. Just an observation. BTW anyone need any thing for a3rd gen, got 2 parts cars if anyone is needing something since Iam coming down. Just shoot me a PM and I will get you a price and whatnot. God bless
Michael
yeah, they went up on my fmic by $30

13Bracer
03-24-2007, 05:59 PM
lookin around and found this site....http://www.fujita-eng.com/fd3s/index_2.html

if anyone can translate the prices and stuff let me know....:goodjob:

Five*Star*
03-29-2007, 11:21 PM
lookin around and found this site....http://www.fujita-eng.com/fd3s/index_2.html

if anyone can translate the prices and stuff let me know....:goodjob:

yeah, that's the FEED website.... but anything JDM for an FD is going to be very expensive. ie. $800 for a downpipe, $200 for plug wires, $1200 for a hood, etc...

If you take 2 zeros of of the price it will get you a fairly close idea of what the USD amount would look like. A yen is like .85 of a penny.

Five*Star*
03-29-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah, that's the FEED website.... but anything JDM for an FD is going to be very expensive. ie. $800 for a downpipe, $200 for plug wires, $1200 for a hood, etc...

If you take 2 zeros of of the price it will get you a fairly close idea of what the USD amount would look like. A yen is like .85 of a penny.

Here is some FEED bling!! $$$ .....