PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Tinting Tails ?

SE-Rious1
03-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Ok so i dont know if this is rice lol or what people think of it but i saw on another site where a guy 35%Tinted his tail lights on his nissan B13 it looked ok in the pic's. what do yall think and does anyone know if it is legal here in GA ?:thinking:

Hektik
03-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Ok so i dont know if this is rice lol or what people think of it but i saw on another site where a guy 35%Tinted his tail lights on his nissan B13 it looked ok in the pic's. what do yall think and does anyone know if it is legal here in GA ?:thinking:

i think writting in blue font is rice..lol...

seriously tho i think it depends on the car and thecolor of the car.... its all about making it work for you... also i think the best way is to get the spray paint that they sell for glass ... i think hobbies stores should have some....

SE-Rious1
03-09-2007, 03:16 AM
well i know ppl talk about the spray but if for some reason you should need to go back to stock u can just peal the tint off wouldnt that be better ?

Mr_Mischif
03-09-2007, 08:03 AM
There's a guy on here who tints tails. Ask around.

CHADbee
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
go to summitt buy niteshades, it comes in a spray can. if u want to take it off spray it with brake cleaner and it wipes right off.....

SEAN
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
get them professionally done at a bodyshop if you want them to remain shiney...the niteshades looks dull and faded with time...even with clear coating and waxing between coats...

SE-Rious1
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM
ahh ok but is it legal around here ?

_Christian_
03-11-2007, 08:06 AM
go to stickercity.com

Hulud
03-11-2007, 09:47 AM
ahh ok but is it legal around here ?
i dont think so

i had it on my prelude, not that shitty night shades stuff. if you look at ch@dbee's car his look like a flat finish. my bro mixed some black and clear coat for mine looked sweet as shit.

but yea, a cop pulled me over one day as i headed to work, he said that i didnt have reflectors on my tail lights. so i said "those are stock". he looks at me weird then looks back at the tails and said "they are?", i said "well with a little paint on them". he saw that i was dressed for work and in the parking lot so he let me goto work, but told me to change them, so my guess is that they arent legal cause you need to be able to see the red of the taillights without your tailights being on

_Christian_
03-11-2007, 11:30 AM
^^^looks good hulud

Hulud
03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
thanks, it just sucks that the cars dead lol

im gonna have my bro do it to my new car as well

Frög
03-11-2007, 12:46 PM
i did mine.. just part of it... left the red-red but made the white-smoked.. not rice!

nofive-0
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I have a friend that has tinted tails on his black wrx. It looks really good. They are not so dark that you cannot see through them though. you can still see the red and different colors of the tailights but they are just darker. It looks really good. It takes away the abruptness of all that black to red.

JonsTintedTails
04-11-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm a new sponsor here at IA so please check out my site. Been tinting tails for years.

SE-Rious1
04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
how much u charge for a B13 ?