PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Who owns Who in the Auto Industry

1SICKLEX
03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
http://notcot.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi13.tinypic.com%2F2q dd252.jpg&postid=3382

Frög
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
im all about that 100% Honda!

j/k honda sucks

j/k they dont suck..

_Christian_
03-10-2007, 03:10 AM
honda lotus and porsche look lonely. they should get together and form a super company. +1 for the find.

sebastianHoff
03-10-2007, 03:26 AM
a honda/porsche super company (lotus doesnt count, they buy their shit from toyota), that could go 2 way:
horribly slow, unreliable, over engineered, cheaply built econo boxes that all look the same and get around about as well as you grandma after i get done given her the heave ho, or...

the greatest cars ever built in the history of the universe.

Frög
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
a honda/porsche super company (lotus doesnt count, they buy their shit from toyota), that could go 2 way:
horribly slow, unreliable, over engineered, cheaply built econo boxes that all look the same and get around about as well as you grandma after i get done given her the heave ho, or...

the greatest cars ever built in the history of the universe.

they used to get their engines from renault.. back in the day

Sol-Badguy
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
That's funny, they didn't put Acura with Honda like they did Lexus with Toyota.

Frög
03-10-2007, 12:46 PM

ya acura and infinity.. and i could of sworn vw owned porsche..

Kamikaze
03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
It almost hurts to see Mazda attached to Ford. :no:

Congogrey
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
ya acura and infinity.. and i could of sworn vw owned porsche..

No, VW does not own Porsche but they were both started by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche and continue to have very close relationship. In fact Dr. Ferdinand Porsche's grandson (Ferdinand Piech) was the president of VW until 2002.

Also, in late 2005 the Porsche and Piech families started to aquire VW shares and now they own just over 25%. So in some way Porche owns part of VW. But it is not corporate shares just the private families controlling both companies.

quickdodge®
03-10-2007, 06:41 PM

I would take a wild guess and say that that's because Acura is Honda and Infinity is Nissan. You think they have Acura in Japan? Later, QD.

Frög
03-10-2007, 07:50 PM
No, VW does not own Porsche but they were both started by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche and continue to have very close relationship. In fact Dr. Ferdinand Porsche's grandson (Ferdinand Piech) was the president of VW until 2002.

Also, in late 2005 the Porsche and Piech families started to aquire VW shares and now they own just over 25%. So in some way Porche owns part of VW. But it is not corporate shares just the private families controlling both companies.

oh ya i remeber now.. my dad told me that.. i forgot..

81911SC
03-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Porsche now owns 29.9 % of VW any more and they would have to have a total takeover. Ferdinand did not start VW he just met with Adolf and designed the Bug

Frög
03-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I would take a wild guess and say that that's because Acura is Honda and Infinity is Nissan. You think they have Acura in Japan? Later, QD.

infinity exists in europe now... what about lexus, its on there.. im confused.:???:

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Actually they do. Well, not yet but they will.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/honda-acura-17-12-05.asp

OneSlow5pt0
03-11-2007, 02:37 PM
audi/VW/Lambo/Bentley/Porsche..are all together

1SICKLEX
03-11-2007, 04:17 PM
infinity exists in europe now... what about lexus, its on there.. im confused.:???:
Its "infinti" and you show their problem. No image, people can't even spell it right. And they do not exist in Europe. America and like 3 other countries.

Lexus has been sold in Europe since 1989 and is sold in Japan as of 2005 and has been a worldwide brand for sometime. Its success in America overshadows everything though (they finally are understanding the European market and have been barely noticed until 2 years ago).

Congogrey
03-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Porsche now owns 29.9 % of VW any more and they would have to have a total takeover. Ferdinand did not start VW he just met with Adolf and designed the Bug

Currently, Porsche AG (the Porsche and Piech Families) are the single largest shareholder of VW AG. They currently have veto power and Ferdinand Piech still sits on the VW board of directors.

Of course if you want to put your tin foil hat on, we can have another discussion on why Audi under Ferdinand Piech developed the R8 to directly compete with the 911. :ninja:

81911SC
03-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Of course if you want to put your tin foil hat on, we can have another discussion on why Audi under Ferdinand Piech developed the R8 to directly compete with the 911. :ninja:
I think I have an idea:ninja:

EssAreTwenTee
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
they used to get their engines from renault.. back in the day

They got their gearbox's from renault. When renault closed the plant making the gearbox they offered to sell it to lotus and lotus declined.

they are also owned by a malaysian company. Here is a nice article.

http://www.fantasycars.com/1/News/FordLotus/fordlotus.html

Frög
03-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Its "infinti" and you show their problem. No image, people can't even spell it right. And they do not exist in Europe. America and like 3 other countries.

Lexus has been sold in Europe since 1989 and is sold in Japan as of 2005 and has been a worldwide brand for sometime. Its success in America overshadows everything though (they finally are understanding the European market and have been barely noticed until 2 years ago).

um they do exist in europe.. the just opened a infiniti dealership in Paris.. i saw it last summer.

OneSlow5pt0
03-12-2007, 02:44 AM
It almost hurts to see Mazda attached to Ford. :no:

yep,seeing ford with mazda is anuff to make me sell my car,lol

1SICKLEX
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
um they do exist in europe.. the just opened a infiniti dealership in Paris.. i saw it last summer.
Sorry bud. No Infiniti in Europe. :) It might have been one dealer that imported those cars though. Or since Infiniti is made by Nissan and Nissan is owned by Renault, which is a French company, maybe it was Renault?
http://www.askaprice.com/torque-article.asp?article=Nissan_to_launch_Infiniti_in_E urope&item=1563

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/04/25/004785.html