PDA

View Full Version : alignment?

NAG2I
03-07-2007, 11:14 PM
alright so i need to get my car aligned
93 integra rs
it is lowered a good bit
wondering if anyone knows of a place that will do it?
Thanks

KevinT707
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Butler Tire specializes in aligning cars that are modified, should run you $90. I would NOT advise you taking it to shops like Big 10 Tires and such to do the alignment because they will set it to stock specs which is not what you want because your car is NOT stock.

Before all that I would also advise you to get AT LEAST a front camber kit.

Sammich
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
whoo...glad this thread came up...

whats an advisable(best bang for your buck) camber kit?

KevinT707
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
From experience, I have a front camber kit on my CRX that are similar to these R1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-91-92-ACURA-INTEGRA-R1-FRONT-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-KITS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQitemZ300087 973128QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) and they work very well. Also these are very similar and will do the job quite well also SRE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRE-Front-Rear-Camber-Kit-90-01-Integra-90-shipped_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33581QQitemZ270 094067154QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

Sammich
03-08-2007, 10:45 AM
did you install your camber kit or did you let the 'aligners' install them for you?

KevinT707
03-08-2007, 05:54 PM
did you install your camber kit or did you let the 'aligners' install them for you?
I installed them myself .. with some assitance from my dad.

NAG2I
03-08-2007, 07:55 PM
oh ya i forgot to say that i do have front and rear camber
it isn't to hard to install, just when you take your wheels off don't say oh ya this will be no problem.
my car hates me i swear...it took me longer then it should have but if you do it right it is a breeze with the right tools.
but thanks for the name of that place i will give them a call soon cause i didn't align mine to well myself.

Sammich
03-09-2007, 06:57 AM
ok thanks ill keep that in mind

KevinT707
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
but thanks for the name of that place i will give them a call soon cause i didn't align mine to well myself.
Yeah .. not many people align their car themself with very good results unless you have all the DIY alignment gadgets + know how to do it.

revized_DX
03-26-2007, 11:02 PM
i do alignments at my shop. we charge 49-2 59-4....meineke cumming hwy 20 1 mile east of 400.

revized_DX
03-26-2007, 11:06 PM
butler tire.....ha ha ha ha....only thing that makes a difference between alignment there and alignment at my shop, thier machine cost a small home, ours is paid off.

Jaimecbr900
03-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Mahdavi Motorsports in Lilburn 770-923-1550. They do them everyday. :goodjob:

ATL86
03-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Firestone lifetime alignment FTW.

KevinT707
03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
butler tire.....ha ha ha ha....only thing that makes a difference between alignment there and alignment at my shop, thier machine cost a small home, ours is paid off.
Does your Meineke align a modified car to "stock specs" or to the specs that the person aligning feels is best for the car?

Cause I know Butler Tire will align a car accordingly to visual tread wear etc ..

I took mine to Big 10 once and they aligned it to stock specs, they suck..

SpoolBus
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
OMNI POWER adjustable upper control arms FTW...use them in my EK and got them cheap on ModaCar..you can replace the upper ball joints with spares they sell, remember that cause when you blow a ball joint on a new setup GL finding a replacement. Also they wont be able to get your car within "factory specs" with it lowered anyway and nothing to compare it to since you messed it up now anyhoo...BTW change out the tie rod ends, lower ball joints and a new set of axles...all cheap and might as well do it all before alignment because the rubber boots are dead and will pop when lowered anyway...also installing the upper cont arm I guarantee you will rip some rubber booties anyway. Very easy and cheap to do all the work at once..Tire Depot in Marietta..$65 4 wheel alignment by guys who own Honda's and Evo's and get er done to perfection..

KevinT707
03-27-2007, 07:38 PM
OMNI POWER adjustable upper control arms FTW...use them in my EK and got them cheap on ModaCar..you can replace the upper ball joints with spares they sell, remember that cause when you blow a ball joint on a new setup GL finding a replacement. Also they wont be able to get your car within "factory specs" with it lowered anyway and nothing to compare it to since you messed it up now anyhoo...BTW change out the tie rod ends, lower ball joints and a new set of axles...all cheap and might as well do it all before alignment because the rubber boots are dead and will pop when lowered anyway...also installing the upper cont arm I guarantee you will rip some rubber booties anyway. Very easy and cheap to do all the work at once..Tire Depot in Marietta..
You da man homie ..
BUT I've have my car lowered w/ upper ball joint front camber kit for the past 2-3 years and my ride feels smooth so far. Maybe that stuff you said only goes for EKs .. ?

SpoolBus
03-30-2007, 11:52 PM
WOW and even after multiple car acciendents.... :thinking:

revized_DX
03-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Does your Meineke align a modified car to "stock specs" or to the specs that the person aligning feels is best for the car?

Cause I know Butler Tire will align a car accordingly to visual tread wear etc ..

I took mine to Big 10 once and they aligned it to stock specs, they suck..

let me know its you and it will be done the way you want. what do you want it set up like? yeah we can do whatever as long as you got the parts installed or we can install them. i can tell you straight up that we can do it to your wants. cause im gonna do it! me~! we do specialize in suspension work there. lower it or raise it we dont care! im not gonna do it by the way the tires look....what are you running like lets say your air pressure at? if your driving a civic and you got 16s on it and rollin on 40psi your gonna have wear with a perfect alignment, simply because youre overinflating! that wears the middle. under the opposite it wears the sides. so that stuff about aligning to tire wear...shit, i wish i could do that! on some cars a 1/4 turn of that adjuster, tie rod, ect. can mean certain death for your tires!

im a certified hunter alignment technician. i got the certificate but that kinda just means i was there. alignment guys will know what i mean, if i am .02 off on my cross toe, im breaking the locknut loose again! i guess you can say i am anal about alignments, i argue with my boss almost everyday when i am doing one. i care about my work and take pride in it! and the most important thing is that i do it for the money yes, but i also give a shit about what im doing and WHY im doing it! if send you off with a b/s alignment whats that say for me?

as far as do we do it the way you want it? yeah i will, but make clear its your decision and what you want cause im not gonna listen to anyone cry when they think they know what they are talking about and come back a week later and bitch about tire wear, pulling or whatever. it will be agreed that this is what i want, i will do my best to make your driving expirience a wonderful one!

coming from your friendly neighborhood alignment guy! :yes:

oh and have to let you know, if you need something repaired, replaced like a tie rod end and you tell me no i dont want to replace it, i dont like to do the alignment, its more a waste of your time AND money! not to mention mine.

NAG2I
04-11-2007, 06:32 PM
i took my car to the kauffman on 20 in buford and they said it was to low to get on there lifts.
i need it alligned soon but not a place to far from like the mall of GA?

EvasiveEF9
04-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Are there still any questions in here? I don't wanna read through all the posts to see what was asked and answered, but I might be able to help...