PDA

View Full Version : Misc Help me lose some damn weight!

Nemesis
03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
So about a year or two ago I weighed in at 145 ish. Now Im way over the 200 mark. Im a pretty bulky guy, and I lose weight pretty fast once I start into a routine. However I gain it back fast. Back in high school I weighed in at 260. In the course of one summer I dropped my weight to 145. As you can see in the picture I posted I looked a lot different two years ago. I want to get back to that weight or as close as I can. I need some opinions (serious ones) and suggestions as to how I can lose the weight and keep it off for good. Im not sure if there are any trainers on here, but feel free to chime in.

Kyle
03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Put your finger down your throat.

Nemesis
03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Put your finger down your throat.

I cant! My finger is too fat! :lmfao:

Tracy
03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
South Beach diet is very easy. It worked very well for me and it was easy to stick to (untl I started traveling so much and fast food got the best of me). Read the book. It's really short and makes a lot of sense. To me it didn't have a lot of jibber jabber. Then sign up to a boxing gym. 2-3 days a week and that will do ya right! I lost 20 lbs in a very short amount of time doing that and it was easy and fun!

I lost weight on the South Beach Diet without working out. When I started working out, it got better!!!

Nemesis
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Tracy Ill check it out.

Tracy
03-07-2007, 09:45 PM
O and I stuck with the south beach diet for 3 years and didn't even think about it once I got into it.

Kyle
03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Diets are for people with vaginas. Come on george.

imbosile
03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Diets are for people with vaginas. Come on george.

Wait....since when are you on a diet Kyle?

slowrolla97
03-07-2007, 09:51 PM
run 5+ miles a day.

Decker1.8t
03-07-2007, 09:52 PM
-Try eating 6 smaller portioned meals a day.

-Don't eat carbs past 2pm and don't eat anything past 7pm.

-Get your carbs from fruits and steamed veggies.

-Eat lots of protein (chicken breast, fish, whey, etc.)

-If you're working out, make sure to eat at least 50-60 grams of protein within 30 minutes of the end of your work out.

-Drink water, water, and more water.

- run

if you want, I could get a good diet for ya. My friend is a health/work out nut.

Tracy
03-07-2007, 09:54 PM

-If you're working out, make sure to eat at least 50-60 grams of protein within 30 minutes of the end of your work out.

- run

if you want, I could get a good diet for ya. My friend is a health/work out nut.

Sounds like the South Beach Diet to me :)

Z33_kid
03-07-2007, 10:06 PM
lift some weights !!! at least 20 min a day n take pics of my rsx !!! lol

Blitanicle99
03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Depending on how devoting you are... I have alot of friends in the military so I got them to tell me their routines for me. I started that junk. Plus I work construction... I didnt loose weight I just turned it into muscle.
Eating right... No fast food. Eat subway or something decent man. Hell your asian cook that good ass asian food!
Working out.... Even 15 minutes a day will make an impact on your life. I work out 10-15 minutes a day plus running and thats it. Sit ups start with a goal of 50... then 100 untill you get to 200 a day... Push ups, not pussy shit, real manly back straight and your nuts better touch the ground shit. Start with say 20 and move up. In like 2 months I went from having trouble with 25 good push ups to doing to doing sets of 75 and 100 with ease. Same with situps your abs can bulk up exteremely fast. I got abs in probably 2-3 months just doing as many sit ups as possible for 10-15 minutes a night 4 nights a week.

Silver280zx
03-07-2007, 10:09 PM
adderoll.
I have ADD, and i have been taking it, and i have dropped 15lbs in a month.

koukis14
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
light beer or switch to liquer, no soda, no fast food, jog, fuck alot.

ShooterMcGavin
03-08-2007, 10:32 PM
damn u really turned into a fat bastard huh? lolol, j/k man :goodjob:

Frög
03-09-2007, 02:36 AM

- run

what he said, plus a alot of :idb:ing.. lose weight in no time

Julio
03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
just watch what you eat.. I lost a few lbs by simply doing that.. of course i eat Bs here and there.. but not everyday like I used to.
Of course you will loose the lbs slower.. but hey.... atleast your loosing lbs

THEONE
03-09-2007, 11:05 PM
how tall are you???

santacruz77
03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
i feel your pain im a fat fuck its no fun.... g.l though

koukis14
03-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Honestly I am pushing a b cup. I have got up ever moring the past wee and walked a mile. Today I did not do this, I felt like shit all day. Just try to eat good and exercise, even if it is walking. Getting up and walking gets your metabolism going and helps you throughout the day.

Please excuse any spelling errors, I am fucking trashed and can not hear anything.

BiH1320
03-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Man, I cannot gain weight for shit i swear.
I bet I eat more than half of these people on IA and I still stay the same amount of weight..
Dunno why..
I am 5"11 and I weigh like 146 pounds.
Somewhere around there.

BiH1320
03-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Sex makes you burn fat.. So go call Yousef. Im pretty sure he is willing to put his camel weiner in ur butt.

_Christian_
03-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Man, I cannot gain weight for shit i swear.
I bet I eat more than half of these people on IA and I still stay the same amount of weight..
Dunno why..
I am 5"11 and I weigh like 146 pounds.
Somewhere around there.

im naturally the exact same. i eat a rediculous amount of food and never gain weight. the only weight i can gain is from building muscle mass.

Frög
03-10-2007, 05:42 AM
im naturally the exact same. i eat a rediculous amount of food and never gain weight. the only weight i can gain is from building muscle mass.

me too..

umairejaz
03-10-2007, 06:21 AM
George, i used to be the same way as you. Freshman and junior year in highschool i weighed in at like 240 and within one summer i droped the weight to 180. I was happy but still had alot of fat which i could easly hide under my clothes.

It slowly went back up to 200 by my freshman year in college. My second year i got back into the gym just because i felt like shit. I started reading health articles online and began doing my own research.

Today i hit the gym 5 days a week and write down every single calorie i take in. I put it into an online food journal. Im weighing in around 170 constant right now and benching quite a bit above my weight which isn't too amazing but concidering i wouldn't do 135 when i started is pretty cool and its showing progress.

I really dont think I am in any position to give you any advice because i've only been at it for 8 months but Im learning everday. The only think I can say to you is DO NOT LOSE WEIGHT FAST. Its unsafe and you lose more muslce mass and water weight then actual fat. Lastly dont ask for advice when it comes to asking specific. Majority of the people dont know what they are doing to begin with.

Check out this link and start doing your own research. You will be happy in the end and know exactly where you are going with your workouts.

www.intense-workout.com

To find out different ways of doing excercises for specific muscles check out this.

bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm)

thinkfast®
03-12-2007, 09:41 AM
www.menseekingmarriage.com

www.roswellsingles.com

g/l man

blurred visions
03-19-2007, 12:26 AM
So about a year or two ago I weighed in at 145 ish. Now Im way over the 200 mark. Im a pretty bulky guy, and I lose weight pretty fast once I start into a routine. However I gain it back fast. Back in high school I weighed in at 260. In the course of one summer I dropped my weight to 145. As you can see in the picture I posted I looked a lot different two years ago. I want to get back to that weight or as close as I can. I need some opinions (serious ones) and suggestions as to how I can lose the weight and keep it off for good. Im not sure if there are any trainers on here, but feel free to chime in.

Sounds like you have the metabolism like me. Back in high school I weighed 230 and then got it down to about 160. Biggest thing I did was eat subway everyday for lunch and exercised 5 days a week. The problem with guys like us is that you won't be able to "keep the weight off" without putting in a lot of effort. The only way to do this is by getting a passion for eating healthy and doing tons of cardio.

imbosile
03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
my metabolism is rediculous, i eat all the time haha, and i stay 135 no matter what. Ive done nothing but sit on my ass in college and eat pizza and wings, yet I havn't even gained weight. I've actually lost a pound or two.

tony
03-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Pretty much the same as what everyone else said, I was up to 230lbs at the beginning of the year and down to about 208lbs right now, what I did:

Eat subway every day

I do not eat after 5pm

150 pushups every morning

After getting to about 212ish it started getting harder so I started:

Taking hydroxycut

Pushups in the morning, running 1.5 miles and jumping rope in the evening

I think what is happening though is the weight loss is slowing and I'm building more muscle. The main thing is diet and controlling portions.

bigpimpatl
03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
there is no secret to losing weight really: eat less, exercise more!

Since the beginning of the year I was like ~235ish i would say, now I am down to 215. If you really want to be healthy for the rest of your life, you have to change your philosophy of eating. This is even more important for me, because my family has a history of diabetes. I used to eat junk food and fast food, not a lot, just enough that it wasn't good for me. I completely stopped eating fast food when I actually learned what is in that stuff (Supersize Me/Fast Food Nation) and I just did a ton of research on the fast food industry in general. I stopped drinking soda for good, just drink water or juice. I cut out most meats, except for fish. Beef/chicken has too much fat for you to lose weight.

Anyways, make breakfast your most important meal. For breakfast, I find that having Oatmeal, as old school as it sounds, is the best. It gives you a ton of fiber which is important in making you feel full, plus the protein. You can cook it with skim milk for even more protein. Add some pure honey or brown sugar to taste. Just as healthy for you is poached eggs (cooking in steamed water). I recommend only eating one yolk, as two yolks is overkill. The whites are good for you though. add a couple of toasted wheat bread and you are good to go.

Then for the rest of the day, try to eat unprocessed foods. Your body doesn't recognize processed foods and really doesn't know what to do with them, thats why it ends up going in the thighs. In short, if its not something you can actually recognize or identify, stay away from it. Eat fruits and veggies, wheat/whole grain breads, legumes (beans), brown rice, fish (salmon is excellent: Very lean fish and excellent protein). The problem with eating subway everyday, although it is very healthy depending on what you eat, is that it's not economical or practical. Take some time and find some recipes and cook something yourself. Yes, i understand that you don't have time etc. etc., but you have to make time if you really want to commit yourself to losing weight. Plus, it never hurts that a man can cook, impress your g/f one night =P

Then for exercise, I suggest you buy a heart monitor (bought mine for like $20 on ebay), find the heart range where you burn the most fat (use google), and get on the treadmill. Exercise enough to keep your heart within that specific range (but don't overwork yourself, it will hurt you more). Start 30 mins, 35 mins, 40 mins so on and so forth. Do situps and pushups (no need to overwork yourself; build yourself up at steady pace). I don't lift weights because my goal is to lose weight, not gain more weight which is what happens when you do lift.

I would refrain from using any of those diet pills. Idk, i'm always skeptical of all that stuff, it sounds more like they are trying to make a quick buck/fool every second. Basically all those pills are a shot of caffeine in the most simplest terms. If you need caffeine that badly, drink some green tea (something that has stood the test of time). drink lots of water.

Now, recognize that when you have some control over your eating habits, then it's okay to pig out once in a while. Because after all, we are humans, not robots. Maybe once a week, eat something that maybe breaks the rules just to satisfy yourself. You'll feel better, and it will feel like you are rewarding yourself rather than starving yourself. Hope that helps!

BuBBa DRiFT
03-22-2007, 10:18 AM
i started this year at 170. now im around 180-185 and ive gained 45lbs on my bench max. I dont really run, so I guess some of that weight is turning into more muscle, im definately more toned then I was, im still flabby. I just need to start running and watch what I eat. I had a chicken salad from truetts yesterday because i felt like i had a rough weekend carb wise. but then i ordered fries with it. I am a weak person.

sebastianHoff
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
good luck losing the weight dude. recent thinking suggest that to effectively lose weight you need to do at least 5hrs of strenuous cardio a week (i know some of you want to call bs, but theres a reason spin classes run 40+ min). the problem is you will have to eat more (alot more) which may negate the effects of the exercise at first leading many to give up before shit starts to work. eat right, exercise when ya can and eventually it will come off.

Glides
03-22-2007, 12:15 PM
To me it didn't have a lot of jibber jabber.

Agreed, cause if it did, it would surely end up here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Sixgunsports/jibbajabba.jpg

jR1_kS14
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Jenny Craig FTW!

HateCity24
03-28-2007, 11:01 PM
...jog
~Z

LiveaxleLS1
03-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I started at 220lbs (in the 'obese' category). I'm down in the 175lb range now.

this is what i did:

-ate 5-6 times per day, small meals... no more than half of a PBJ sandwich

-30 minutes medium intensity on the exercise bike or treadmill after every weight workout (usually 3-4 times per week)

-dinner meals would usually be a Boca Burger and green vegetables

here's my NO list:

NO:
fast food
sweet drinks
pastries
ice cream
anything packed with sugar and/or fat (monounsaturated isn't so bad)

only thing I could actually drink is coffee, and I limited the amount of sugar/cream I'd put in it (i have a sweet tooth, so not enough to where it'd taste like garbage). Coffee is a natural laxative anyway, so it helps clean ya out.

the main thing is just getting in a routine and STICKING WITH IT.

oh, couple other things

-drink your bodyweight in ounces of water every day (atleast 100oz)
-eat your bodyweight in grams of protein every day (NOT JUST PROTEIN SHAKES EITHER)

my advice:

***DON'T THINK ABOUT IT, JUST DO IT***

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
get off the computer!

robbyrob016
04-10-2007, 08:06 AM
run 5+ miles a day.

x2