PDA

View Full Version : is a week enough???

Killer
03-06-2007, 04:15 PM
should it take a week for a shop to get a rebuilt head and put it on my car???

this place told me 2-4 days... eight days ago... i was told the car would be done yesterday... didn't get it..

for sure today.. even at like 3 o'clock i was told i'd get it today... STILL DON'T GET IT!!!

so he says tomorrow... i'm willing to bet i still don't get the damn car!

RISKYB
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
damn dude thats some shitty luck

2.0civic
03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
damn a week is more than enough unless they were already backed up or found more problems

Ran
03-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Where'd you take it?

Killer
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
damn a week is more than enough unless they were already backed up or found more problems

he hasn't found any other problems that i'm aware of...

the first day they had the car they didn't even look at it... knowing that the heads were bad he was like "well, we wanna run some test :blah: :blah: :blah:... then after that we'll take them to the machine shop and get both ur heads checked out... :blah: :blah: :blah: "

(i had two for him to look at)... so they didn't touch it.. and never even ran the tests.. they just took the heads in... which they could've done the first day they had it.. and i don't even mean the day they picked it up.. i mean the first actual full day it was in the shop.

another ? is it true that some shops require a core return with heads?? i gave him two heads.. i'm supposed to be getting a completely different rebuilt head.. with warranty.. that i'm paying for. yet i'm only getting one of my original heads back...?????

Killer
03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Where'd you take it?

sandy springs.. McCullough auto/napa

Leadfoot_mf
03-06-2007, 08:26 PM
why don't you drive up there and check............hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah

Evil Goat
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
or do the work yourself and have it back 6 days ago

ShooterMcGavin
03-06-2007, 09:12 PM
sounds like u gettin took man, better make sure they aren't :idb: ur gf too :lmao: :D

Evil Goat
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
sounds like u gettin took man, better make sure they aren't :idb: ur gf too :lmao: :D

exactly...if you must take your vehicle to a shop, research them out first, and get an expected date in writing, and raise hell if they dont meet it (which puts you in a fine place of wondering if theyre fucking your shit up b/c they think youre being an ass b/c theyre taking for fucking ever)

Revmaynard
03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
My friend had a head built at a shop and if I can recall they didn't require his old one. So, yea, check into it.

Killer
03-06-2007, 09:33 PM
i've been nothing but nice and patient when speaking with them....

i tried to do the work myself.. didn't work out so great...

i couldn't find any other shops in the area that would do work on a swap.. they were my only option... not only that, but my boss was on my back about getting it in a shop.. so i had to pick one.. i couldn't do any research... if i don't get it tomorrow morning. i'm going to have a fit...

but i asked the guy a million times when it would be back.. his reply every time was "with out looking at it i can't say" once he had the car it was 2-4 days.. then it was it's taking a bit longer to get the head then expected.. then it was.. my parts guy ordered wrong parts because we order by vin... and urs is a swap.. i've got the right stuff coming in today.. just not gonna have it by lunch as expected... so that turned into, i'll call u at five we'll have it to u today... now today has turned into tomorrow...

like i said, i've been more than patient... but if i get another excuse tomorrow he's not gonna get off the hook that easy.... i've been the one calling in for updates.. even though he's the one telling me every time that he'll call me at a certain time... i normally give him an hour or two then just call myself...

i'm getting highly pissed... but at the same time, i don't want to piss off the guy who has my car, and is working on it.. ya know?

81911SC
03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
kinda reminds me of my snowboarding stuff:ninja:

koukis14
03-06-2007, 10:23 PM
It takes me no more than 3-4 hours to take off, disassemble, clean, give a valve job to, reassemble, and put back on a 4 cylindr DOHC head.

00CelicaGT
03-06-2007, 11:02 PM
when i threw a rod last year and had to replace my motor a shop did the same to me had my car 3weeks i ended up taking my car and new motor to my friends uncles shop and he had the motor in and running in 12 hours. Bailey's Auto Performance in miami is the best shop in Miami.

R3RUN
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I had this kind of thing happen to me at Chamblee Dunwoody Collision. Good thing my dad knows Vernon Jones from way back in the day. That was the only reason we got the car back after about 3 months of "Tuesday itll be ready." Hope you get this worked out man.

Killer
03-07-2007, 08:29 AM
kinda reminds me of my snowboarding stuff:ninja:

I DON'T HAVE A CAR ASS HAT!!! you're more than welcome to come pick it up though...

Killer
03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
and thanks guys.. yeah.. if i don't get it today i'm getting it back and not paying a dime.. one way or another...

they should be paying me.. they know it's my dd.. and that i have no other way around

Sammich
03-07-2007, 08:34 AM
wha oh..hope all goes well..take some back up too

Killer
03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
i just got a call!!! he said it's running, they are waiting for the thermostat to open and they are gonna put it on the road make sure it's running then it's all mine!!!!

if he's serious.. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! he also seemed very excited at the way it sounded.. told me it sounded gooooood! lol... i want it back so bad!

Sammich
03-07-2007, 08:57 AM
LOL those LS engines always shock mechanics..when i was working on my project DB1 the mechanic hates hondas period, but when he heard the car crank up on the first try he was like man im impressed lol...hondas make firm believers out of anyone

Killer
03-07-2007, 09:00 AM
yeah, i was surprised myself at the lower tone of my exhaust.. it's not ricey sounding..

it's loud as hell, but not ricey... i need to dampen it some...

Sammich
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
get a silencer..or get a rsx axleback w/ custom piping or something...something haha

Killer
03-07-2007, 09:04 AM
get a silencer..or get a rsx axleback w/ custom piping or something...something haha

the silencer didn't do anything....

i don't care how loud it is outside of the car.. it's inside the car that it's too loud...

silencer just backed up the fumes! lol.. i took it off awhile ago!

i need a resonater/or some cats. (mine is gutted)

Sammich
03-07-2007, 09:08 AM
are u running basically all piping??

if so yea you can get a highflow cat or get a magnaflow exhaust

Killer
03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
are u running basically all piping??

if so yea you can get a highflow cat or get a magnaflow exhaust

since i know nothing about cars, i'm not sure.... but the guy said mine was gutted... but he also said it was in perfect condition! so u never know..

Sammich
03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
redo ur piping then, go find a magnaflow muffler (maybe a highflow cat) and go to a shop and get 2-1/4 inch piping...IMO