PDA

View Full Version : LOL at Al Gore

R3RUN
03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
This is a week or 2 old but still pretty damn funny, kind of absurd to.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).
In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.
“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

For Further Information, Contact:
Nicole Williams, (615) 383-6431
[email protected]

2.0civic
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
lolol nice find

Evil Goat
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
gore=idiot

Ran
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
No surprises here.

Sol-Badguy
03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Irony at its best.

RoadsterFit
03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
theres a shocker...

GTScoob
03-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok, so he's got a lot of money and lives in a mansion, do you really expect him to live in a duplex to conserve electricity? How much electricity do similarly sized mansions use?

Considering that his mansion is inside Tennessee it would be a fair assumption to say that the majority of his electricity is coming from the TVA dams, which last time I heard burn no fossil fuels. Energy consumption figures are more relevant when considering the source of the energy, like if he had a big gasoline generator in his backyard to power everything, or solar panels over the entire roof, or wind turbines, etc.

What a waste of a nonprofit organization. They claim to be interested in bringing prosperity to TN but is Gore not helping the local energy firms by paying such large amounts every year?

R3RUN
03-05-2007, 11:41 PM
You make some good points. I have no idea about any of that, it would be interesting to find out that kind of thing though.

Lucky DAWG
03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
gore is a fag

no matter how much people wanna bash bush
this much is true...
bush > gore

and no i don't want a fucking recount

sirkus
03-05-2007, 11:51 PM
gore is a fag

no matter how much people wanna bash bush
this much is true...
bush > gore

:no:

GTScoob
03-05-2007, 11:52 PM
and no i don't want a fucking recount
Can you even vote?

Lucky DAWG
03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Can you even vote?

i'm registered
so in may, yes

fyi, counting has nothing to do with voting :goodjob:
try a dif angle

GTScoob
03-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Good, you cant bitch about a president if you didnt vote.

sirkus
03-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Exactly, Gore was the first president that I voted for.. Then that douche bag Kerry.. I support Bush only because he is our president, and anything that he does will reflect upon us. As for respect for him, I have none. Him and Chaney are both worthless.

Lucky DAWG
03-06-2007, 12:37 AM

last time i checked gore wasn't president jackass :idb:

sirkus
03-06-2007, 12:41 AM
He should have been. He was according to several different channels too.. Except for FOX news... they <3 bush so much.

Lucky DAWG
03-06-2007, 12:43 AM
should and is are two different words
i'm bitching about a hypocritical candidate, not a president

Lucky DAWG
03-06-2007, 12:44 AM
He should have been. He was according to several different channels too.. Except for FOX news... they <3 bush so much.

Politics 101:
fox news does not count the ballots

GTScoob
03-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Never said he was, just throwing that comment out there. Shouldnt you get some sleep so you're well rested for high school in the morning?

Man this thread turned into a pile of shit. Gore's a tool but Bush is a retard, Cheney's completely useless and Barak Obama scares all the grandmas in America.

Lucky DAWG
03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Never said he was, just throwing that comment out there. Shouldnt you get some sleep so you're well rested for high school in the morning?

Man this thread turned into a pile of shit.

no school this week

you're 0-2 man
funny how you throw nothing but age insults my way, yet your intelligence seems to be lacking

GTScoob
03-06-2007, 12:49 AM
funny how you throw nothing but age insults my way, yet your intelligence seems to be lacking
Funny how that last statement contradicts itself. I guess you meant to say "funny how you throw nothing but age insults my way, despite the fact that you're a genius on all accounts."

I dont know anything else about you, I guess I could just start making up comments like "I fucked your girlfriend/sister/mother". Wasnt really trying to bash you either but like the other e-thugs you're quick to take the defensive.

sirkus
03-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Man this thread turned into a pile of shit. Gore's a tool but Bush is a retard, Cheney's completely useless and Barak Obama scares all the grandmas in America.
Exactly.

Lucky DAWG
03-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Funny how that last statement contradicts itself. I guess you meant to say "funny how you throw nothing but age insults my way, despite the fact that you're a genius on all accounts."

I dont know anything else about you, I guess I could just start making up comments like "I fucked your girlfriend/sister/mother". Wasnt really trying to bash you either but like the other e-thugs you're quick to take the defensive.

what did you want/expect?
i don't kiss on the first date

GTScoob
03-06-2007, 12:56 AM
what did you want/expect?
i don't kiss on the first date
I guess some amount of maturity, oh well its the internet, lets get all worked up. :cheers:

Lucky DAWG
03-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I guess some amount of maturity, oh well its the internet, lets get all worked up. :cheers:

you're right
i'll remember not to make jokes with no basis like you in the future
:cheers: