PDA

View Full Version : ever wonder what ricer means?

OneSlow5pt0
03-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

EssAreTwenTee
03-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

hahaha I tried to be rice but i failed

TheSnail
03-05-2007, 01:23 AM
You can not describe a ricer by examples, because ricers will never seize to amaze people each year with new ideas. So the rull of thumb should be:

Being a ricer is a state of mind without common perception and/or sense.

OneSlow5pt0
03-05-2007, 01:25 AM
You can not describe a ricer by examples, because ricers will never seize to amaze people each year with new ideas. So the rull of thumb should be:

Being a ricer is a state of mind without common perception and/or sense.

truer words were never spoken..im gonna have to take my camara out,and take some pics of the griffin rice

TheSnail
03-05-2007, 01:47 AM
truer words were never spoken..im gonna have to take my camara out,and take some pics of the griffin rice

I learned the hard way as I had to witness my brother turn riceristic. He got a nice stock car from my dad, and within a year turned the car into a rice cake. I have fought for 9 years now, Ive done the best to beat some sense into him. I am very close, but when I have high hopes about him, he shoots them down with a ricalistic idea every other month or so. And despite me trying my best for nearly a decade, thats when I came to the conclusion that being a ricer is a state of mind. It is an illness. And just like any illness or virus for life you need drugs to keep it in remission. Well I was my brothers drug and still am, but god help him. I cant always be there for him. It's not a funny subject. Much rather sad.

Lotte
03-05-2007, 01:49 AM
But whose going to make us laugh. Ricers = Good Laugh. Also Ricers = Supporting No Name Company's.

TRDwasiq
03-05-2007, 02:02 AM
RICER, Rest Ice Compress Elevate Reassure

TRDwasiq
03-05-2007, 02:10 AM
this is rice

TRDwasiq
03-05-2007, 02:11 AM
some more

TRDwasiq
03-05-2007, 02:39 AM
some more:) thx snail

TheSnail
03-05-2007, 02:45 AM
np ;)

TheGrillMan
03-05-2007, 03:58 AM
the crx with the cardboard

bwhahahahahahahaha

TheSnail
03-05-2007, 04:09 AM
the crx with the cardboard

bwhahahahahahahaha

Cardboard is lighter then fiberglass, so that is not rice.

Cardboard = The new carbon fiber.

Lotte
03-05-2007, 07:47 AM
:lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
03-05-2007, 07:50 AM
State of mind.

Doppelgänger
03-05-2007, 10:46 AM
i have the most ricey car on IA ...w00t!

Ran
03-05-2007, 10:47 AM
My Yaris has a big wing. :(

Evil Goat
03-05-2007, 10:47 AM
wow, there are still people who care about whats rice and whats not....didnt realize 1999 was still around....

to me, its all about show or go, if you mix the two you better have more go than show, and the more go/less show the better

RoadsterFit
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
1998 called...it wants it thread back

srtowner
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't know, I could see myself driving this car. Of course I do drive a yellow SRT4 with a tag surround that says "One mean Banana" and a front badge that has a banana on it. I've always wanted to build some retarded looking ricer mobile that will blow the tires off most cars around.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89257&stc=1
(http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89257&stc=1)

Evil Goat
03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't know, I could see myself driving this car. Of course I do drive a yellow SRT4 with a tag surround that says "One mean Banana" and a front badge that has a banana on it. I've always wanted to build some retarded looking ricer mobile that will blow the tires off most cars around.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89257&stc=1
(http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89257&stc=1)

lol, my dad did that to his toyota beater pickup back in the late 80's....wished we had pictures of it, but it was badass

quickdodge®
03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Of course I do drive a yellow SRT4 with a tag surround that says "One mean Banana" and a front badge that has a banana on it.

That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard of. Can't look good, either. Later, QD.

Bballjamal
03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
judging a guys car = just as homo as judging him imo....

I have better things in life to worry about now!

srtowner
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
judging a guys car = just as homo as judging him imo....

I have better things in life to worry about now!

Could not have said it better myself. No matter what you or I think about another car, the owner is proud of his hard work and effort. Not everybody has the money or knowledge to make a car fast. Some are more interested in the looks. Though I will admit I have seen some truly revolting examlpes I can appreciate most cars for what they are.

But you know how it is, some people are not mature enough to see past thier own opinions. ;)

srtowner
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard of. Can't look good, either. Later, QD.

Well I can not seem to find a pic of my banana badge here are two other badges I have for my car. The banana one is more of a joke than anything. If you get to know me you will find I'm rarely serious and mostly just full of shit. Though when joke time is over I know how to be dead serious.:blah::boobies:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/srtowner/100_2721.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/srtowner/100_2913.jpg

munch_me
03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmW-riuTMRw is all u have to see i <3 HBs

Verik
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
according to the mazda 626 forums they think it means "race inspired car enthusiast"..... i laughed my ass off at that.

quickdodge®
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Though when joke time is over I know how to be dead serious.

Hmmmm. Later, QD.

JoeyKazez
03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
CRX is rice? ya ok.