PDA

View Full Version : Misc Sony HandyCam Help...

imbosile
03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I have a Sony HandyCam DCR-HC21, it uses the mini dv tapes. I have the USB cable but I cant figure out how to get the videos onto my computer. I no longer have the software CD that came with it, almost 2 years ago.

So is there anyway I can get the videos onto my computer without paying for software?

Atlanta_Tide
03-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a Sony HandyCam DCR-HC21, it uses the mini dv tapes. I have the USB cable but I cant figure out how to get the videos onto my computer. I no longer have the software CD that came with it, almost 2 years ago.

So is there anyway I can get the videos onto my computer without paying for software? I found the Sony software to be worthless. If you have XP you should have windows movie maker on your comp, I have used it a few times and it does the trick.

quickdodgeŽ
03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I have the USB cable but I cant figure out how to get the videos onto my computer

Get yourself a firewire cable and use WMM. Firewire is better and has faster file transfer rates. Later, QD.

imbosile
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys I went today and got a FireWire cable and WMM does the trick, I appreciate it. USB wasn't working so I assumed FireWire would do the same, but it worked great.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=klsBjttgAAY

quickdodgeŽ
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
No problem. I just took ownership of a Sony Handycam myself. But only for the NightVision for my ghosthunting. Later, QD.

imbosile
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
No problem. I just took ownership of a Sony Handycam myself. But only for the NightVision for my ghosthunting. Later, QD.

Ah cool, so does it work pretty good for Night Vision?

quickdodgeŽ
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I love it. Later, QD.