PDA

View Full Version : Misc Body building supplements

ruah_23
03-04-2007, 07:04 PM
allright guys I don't know whether this questions have been covered before, but I need some advice from those of you who have taken it and gain positive results.

My Goal: loose 20 lbs and gain muscle.

Here's what I've been taking for now. Mega Green Tea and Centrum multivitamin.

My plan is to go to 175 lbs ..I'm at 181 lbs right now with full stomach before I start taking supplements for body building.

When should I take NO x plode? Before or after working out?
Glutamine...before or after? do I take it togather with no x plode?
Whey protein?

I need y'all advice pls....

Thanks!

slowinmidga
03-05-2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/windowofopportunity.htm

this is what i live by

Maki
03-10-2007, 10:54 AM
its like a novel and it still doesn't say what to do clearly....i have ADD and it is very hard to make it through that whole thing... mind summing it up for me plz?

Ericp
03-10-2007, 11:19 AM
It will be hard to lose 20lbs and gain muscle at the same time. As I'm sure you already know muscle weighs more than fat. I would recommend loosing the weight first then try to build up muscle.
Hydroxicut HARDCORE or EXTREME work great for loosing weight, but you have to make sure you take it as directed, EVERY day or it won't work

I personally like the supplements that MuscleTech offer. I would check them out.

Whey Protein, I haven't takin it in awhile but I'm about to start again. I would do one whey protein shake in the morning. Then another at night, or after you work out. It's important to get protein in your body as soon as possible after working out. To help your muscles absorb the protein even better, take some sort of supplement or pills that have amino acids in them.

sleepys4
03-10-2007, 12:09 PM
You should try nanox9, so u can get a good pump, pretty good stuff. Also if you have no xplode, take it 20 mins before you workout about 2 scoops. As far as whey protein goes, if you can get pro nos, its new but its from mri labs, the same labs that developed ce2, and n02, which are both great products, but i prefer nanoxp for nitris oxide gets in your system faster. If you have any other questions let me know.

ruah_23
03-10-2007, 09:27 PM
It will be hard to lose 20lbs and gain muscle at the same time. As I'm sure you already know muscle weighs more than fat. I would recommend loosing the weight first then try to build up muscle.
Hydroxicut HARDCORE or EXTREME work great for loosing weight, but you have to make sure you take it as directed, EVERY day or it won't work

I personally like the supplements that MuscleTech offer. I would check them out.

Whey Protein, I haven't takin it in awhile but I'm about to start again. I would do one whey protein shake in the morning. Then another at night, or after you work out. It's important to get protein in your body as soon as possible after working out. To help your muscles absorb the protein even better, take some sort of supplement or pills that have amino acids in them.

I won't try the noxplode till I reach 165 lbs. I took whey protein only during cardio day and usually take glutamine before and after body building. My crew were taking those hydroxycuts thing but for me I just took the green T supplement. With that supplement itself, I find it hard to fall asleep these days..I wonder what would hydroxycut do for me if I take those.

ruah_23
03-10-2007, 09:28 PM
You should try nanox9, so u can get a good pump, pretty good stuff. Also if you have no xplode, take it 20 mins before you workout about 2 scoops.

Do I take glutamine along with that? Or do I take glutamine just after my workout?

disrupt
03-12-2007, 02:12 AM
whey's not very good to take at night(absorbs too quickly), caesin works way better.

as far as the thread, like others said, take noxplode ~20-30 mins before workout(personaly i hate the shit, but whatever works for you), and take the glutamine after your workout. mix like 5 grams with your protein shake. you can also take it with your nox if you want, i guess. i think if you're taking it you should take about 10-15grams a day

as far as proteins go, optimum nutrition 100% whey is an amazing pure whey protein, tastes like you'd expect a protein shake to(bland), but in each 30g scoop you have 24g of protein, so the ratio is great(the rest is like 2g of fat and 4g carbs). plus you get 5lbs of the shit for like $35 so its pretty cheap. i used bsn syntha6 for a while too, and their chocolate milkshake shake is the best tasting protein i've ever had, and it had solid results, however it costs $40 for 3lbs, and only has 22g of protein per 44g scoop(the rest being 6g of fat and 15g of carbs).
I've never used musclemilk, but i heard it tastes great and works very well too, but it's got a lot of fat and carbs, so i'm not sure if that's what you're looking for while trying to drop your weight fat wise. Evopro is cytosport's whey/glutamine mix, and i hear that stuff's great too. i'm probably going to buy that after my ON tub runs out

personaly, i hate all supplements except straight protein, and flax oil if you count that(i also don't mind arginine and glutamine), so i avoid anything with nitric oxide or creatine, etc, but since you don't seem to mind them, maybe look into mixed proteins with creatine and glutamine(like cytogainer).

one mistake you're making straight up is approaching this with the wrong mindset. dont worry about your weight, worry about your bodyfat %. if you're a lafitness member, drop by that personal trainer desk, and get your bodyfat percentage measured every week or two. it's not gonna drop very fast though..so be prepared for that. i've read plenty of articles that say stirring in 2 tablespoons of flax oil into your protein helps keep saturated fat from synthesizing into bodyfat, so you just shit it out, so you might wanna try that. it can't hurt to try, plus it's got tons of omega3, so in any case you're better off taking it.

ruah_23
03-12-2007, 06:51 AM
whey's not very good to take at night(absorbs too quickly), caesin works way better.

as far as the thread, like others said, take noxplode ~20-30 mins before workout(personaly i hate the shit, but whatever works for you), .

Why do you hate it?
And I'm an LA fitness member..I'm gon get my fat % check today.

con
03-12-2007, 07:44 AM
you darn muscleheads, some people just want to loose weight and feel great!!!

anyone on the southside hit the gym between 4pm & 5:30Pm on weekdays???

Sport1.3
03-12-2007, 09:12 AM
try mixing your Whey protein with round oats (oat meal) for the early morning. The oatmeal slows down the absorbsion process of the protein and allows more to slowly be processed into the body. Then for the shake after your work out (preferably ASAP or within 20-30 mins after) use Skim milk instead of water in your shake. this will get it to the muscles much faster!!

05Tib
03-12-2007, 09:32 AM
i always like THermacore from GNC to burn weight. But dont go in their asking for their advice because they will sell u w/e it takes because they get comission. I decided to give up on loosing weight, i just workout, sure i am getting stronger but i dont care about having ripped biceps and a 6 pack. Figure if i am going to weight 250 lbs i should be a little strong. As far as protein, some say take it before and after the workout. I have a hard time taking a shake before a workout, makes my stomach hurt and sometimes i feel like i need to throw up so i just take it after. As far as the fat burner, the first few days of any of them u will be kinda hyper until your body gets over the loading phase

amazing how far this stuff has come, back when i was serious into a few yrs ago in highschool creatine was still the shit to take

Ericp
03-12-2007, 01:19 PM

I go to Gold's Gym monday-Friday off of 20/81hwy. But I usually try to get there by 2PM, if not I don't go till around 8:30. It gets to packed for me there. What gym do you go to?

Oh Ruah 23, check out www.bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com)
It's a great site with TONS of information for pretty much any kind of fitness. Also you'll find alot more information about what different supplements will do for you if you decided to take them :goodjob:

disrupt
03-12-2007, 01:48 PM
i took some from a friend last year, and because i only had like 6% bodyfat at the time my veins seemed to stick out even more and i looked gross and veiny. i don't like looking like that, but some people do, so it's up to you.

Why do you hate it?
And I'm an LA fitness member..I'm gon get my fat % check today.

Ericp
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
i took some from a friend last year, and because i only had like 6% bodyfat at the time my veins seemed to stick out even more and i looked gross and veiny. i don't like looking like that, but some people do, so it's up to you.

that's weird, never heard of that happening. I know steriods will make your veins pop out like crazy, not saying you were taking them. My neighbor in florida use to take steroids and we had a good time makin fun of him, due to all of his mood swings and hotflashes. We told him he sounded like a woman :lmfao:

con
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I go to Gold's Gym monday-Friday off of 20/81hwy. But I usually try to get there by 2PM, if not I don't go till around 8:30. It gets to packed for me there. What gym do you go to?

currently I go to Clayco's MuscleBeach (yeah it sounds :gay:) but I won a free 6 month membership at a AHA fundraiser......

and in reference to the popping veins, I saw a product with Nitric Oxide claiming to increase vascularity. I got a few that pop naturally along my forearm and that's all I care for :goodjob:

ruah_23
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

come over here to the northside con. I need a workout partner.So far my lieutenant has been my coach on shift( he used to lift 500 lbs.No bs talk..He brought in the VHS and show all of us).but I need someone to motivate me off duty..It sucks body building only with u and ur Ipod.:(

ruah_23
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM

I don't have to worry abt that since my body fat is probably more than 10%..:lmfao:

ruah_23
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=05Tib I decided to give up on loosing weight, [/QUOTE]

What's ur diet like?

Crazy Asian
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Drink water you lose plenty of that. Dont drink no sugar drinks that my main thing. I lost so much of those fat cells while I was in cambodia for 2 weeks. It was not even funny. Back then I was perfect then after I come back I look like a twig.,

ueyedgr8tness
03-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Take some bsn NiTRix stack it 2 with no explode.

Ericp
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
also he you want to use supplements. I recommend getting them from either ebay (yeah I know it sounds weird) or from any suppliers out of Canada. You will get them ALOT cheaper.

disrupt
03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
that's weird, never heard of that happening. I know steriods will make your veins pop out like crazy, not saying you were taking them. My neighbor in florida use to take steroids and we had a good time makin fun of him, due to all of his mood swings and hotflashes. We told him he sounded like a woman :lmfao:
haha, nah, my friend had just bought a tub at this place on johnson ferry before we went to the gym and i figured i'd take a scoop before working out. we did a couple sets of curls to warm up, and my vens just got huge. they'd never done that before, so i'm sure it was the nox.

LilMonty
03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Start by drinking a lot of water and eating salads (acids breakdown food faster and increase metabolic rate) and shit. Work out to build lean muscle which will burn fat quick, and run/jog to increase metabolism. Once you lose enough fat weight, start taking PUMPTECH by Muscletech, and instead of taking it with water take it with a small protien drink about thirty min. before workout. Workout with heavy weights so that you bulk up quickly. (The bulking period made me gain around 10-15 pounds). I lost almost 60 pounds in the last 9 months by doing this. It really works.

THEONE
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
screw all the suppliments. just eat right thats all you need to do. are you in a rush? i made myself sick from all that crap. now im takin my time and eating better smaller portions 5-6 times a day lots of fish and chicken breast. no red meat no bread lots of veggies and fruit and i drink gallons of water all day in the am i have a big glass of low sodium v8. i eat more raw veggies than anthing.
i have seen more gains doing it this way than when i uses deca or d-bol or any other miracle GNC product or steroid.i use no sugar not even the fake crap the only sugar i eat is in fruit or naturally occuring in veggies.
sweets are for the weak. and diet sodas are a load of crap too. water is your friend. its tough at first give it a few months and it will be a snap.
do this and hit the gym 5-6 times a week and work out a minimun of 30 minutes and your good. it takes time rushing you body to grow or loose weight is dangerous becareful with the suppliments.

ruah_23
03-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Start by drinking a lot of water and eating salads (acids breakdown food faster and increase metabolic rate) and shit. Work out to build lean muscle which will burn fat quick, and run/jog to increase metabolism. Once you lose enough fat weight, start taking PUMPTECH by Muscletech, and instead of taking it with water take it with a small protien drink about thirty min. before workout. Workout with heavy weights so that you bulk up quickly. (The bulking period made me gain around 10-15 pounds). I lost almost 60 pounds in the last 9 months by doing this. It really works.

I tried eating salad for whole weak but it only makes me weak..So I tried leancuisine now. I ran/walk for 6 miles/60 mins/850++ calories everytime I'm offshift in the morning and do a bike program thing at night and body build onshift and offshift. I burn around 1k calories that day. I will start taking the Noxplode after I go down to 165lbs...right now I'm 176.5lbs. I tried working with heavy weights with the proper form.

GOT PSI
03-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Cardio and steriods, tess and trend works great!

Lucky DAWG
03-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Cardio and steriods, tess and trend works great!

i hope you are kidding.

unless you are an older guy then steroids are the worst possible idea for a young guy, you have an over abundance if any thing. here's what you want to do... focus on lighter weights and high reps, that is ideal for toning yourself up and losing weight. low reps and high weights is when you want to gain muscle mass; essentially breaking them down and building them up bigger which will make you gain weight. what you need to do right now is get the fat off of your body first by just getting in shape and getting in the swing of things before you start heavy lifting, many people make the mistake of jumping right into it and either getting results they don't want or hurting themselves by straining joints.

Take the NO Xplode 30 minutes before your first meal of the day, and 30 minutes before your work out. I take a pill and you are supposed to take 4 in the morning and 4 before your workout... i only take 2 though because i don't want to over do it.

BE SURE TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! i can not stress that enough... when you are working out and even more so when you are using a Nitric Oxide supplement, what it does is increase the diameter of your veins so that nutrients can flow faster to your muscles and keep them energized longer, giving you longevity and strength. If you don't drink water then the area that your blood has to flow increases and your blood pressure plummets which can be very bad for your health in this situation and will result in you being dizzy, feeling sick, and maybe passing out possibly with 100+ lbs above your head, drinking water will increase the volume and fix that problem.

taking proteins would also probably be a good idea, and gludamine wouldn't hurt either, it will help you heal faster and allow you to work out more often. True Mass is the best product out there, look for the red containers in a store, go to the supplement store on Barrett Parkway near the Wal-mart there, the owner knows EVERYTHING there is to know.

this should help you out a lot
good luck,
chase

Lucky DAWG
03-12-2007, 08:52 PM

exactly

Lucky DAWG
03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Do I take glutamine along with that? Or do I take glutamine just after my workout?

take it after

thats when your blood is pumping the fastest and will spread whatever you put in your body the fastest.

as long as you eat healthy and keep burning, putting supplements in your body as long as they are mostly natural ingredients (stay away from hormones) then you should be fine

Ericp
03-12-2007, 09:55 PM
There is alot of good advice in this thread. You'll have to try a few different things, such as diets and exsercise rutines. Everybody's body reacts better to certain things. Just keep mixing things up until you find something that works for you :goodjob:

con
03-12-2007, 09:55 PM
come over here to the northside con. I need a workout partner.So far my lieutenant has been my coach on shift( he used to lift 500 lbs.No bs talk..He brought in the VHS and show all of us).but I need someone to motivate me off duty..It sucks body building only with u and ur Ipod.:(

would like to but I have too many responsibilities (i.e. kid) to drive an hour each way to workout. gotta pick up the kid by 6pm and we all know how traffic is a biatch.......

Lucky DAWG
03-12-2007, 11:02 PM

if you're ever in marietta, you can check out american body works off of whitlock road, me and a buddy of mine are partners there and go every day at 4 pm. i'm still a noobie and don't lift much, but i'm dedicated and my partner knows a lot more then me.

i dunno if having 3 people in a group would work, but its a great gym and you could always come and fill in for one of us or just hang around with us, but more then 2 people doing sets would throw it off

just something to consider if you can't find a partner

disrupt
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
True Mass is the best product out there
there's no such thing as a 'best product', and in any case truemass is probably one of the worst things he can take. gainers are for kids with black hole metabolisms who eat 15 big macs a day and still weigh 115lbs. truemass has like 80g carbs and 20g fat. not what he needs if he wants to lose fat.

LilMonty
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
there's no such thing as a 'best product', and in any case truemass is probably one of the worst things he can take. gainers are for kids with black hole metabolisms who eat 15 big macs a day and still weigh 115lbs. truemass has like 80g carbs and 20g fat. not what he needs if he wants to lose fat.
Very good point.

ruah_23
03-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Hell I'll pass on that product than.

accented
03-13-2007, 03:25 PM
the things i use while working and in the order that i use them.

Wake up
Drink 2 scoops Muscle Milk in 10-12 oz of water. Meal Replacement.

Lunch:
Something with a lot of protein and some carbs, ie, 2 chickfila chargrilled sandwiches, with 2 of the buns removed, like a double grilled chicken burger. At this time i take 2000 mg of fish oil.

Pre-Workout:
45-60 minutes prior to workout i take 2 scoops NOXPLODE.
I fill up a shaker with 4 scoops of scivation xtend(glutamine and BCAAs)

Before, During, and After Workout:
I drink that shaker with the xtend.

Post-Workout:
I drink 2 scoops Muscle Milk with 10-12 oz of water asap after workout.
then abotu 45-60 minutes later i cook something with protein and simple carbs.
IE, fish and brown rice, chicken breast with brown or white rice. all grilled or baked. if im really lazy fried in garlic olive oil.

To answer some questions:
Noxplode is a preworkout drink, you take 2 scoops and figure out when it hits you, for me it takes 45-60 minutes to kick in, what noxplode is, is caffeine with some glutamine.

Glutamine is a chemical that helps with muscle retention, youre supposed to take 5g, 3 times a day, personally i wouldnt remember that. 4 scoops of xtend is 5g of glutamine.

Whey Protein:
If youre not taking protein, its going to take longer to build muscle and recover from workouts. Muscle Milk has a lot of fat in it, which makes it a good meal replacement. A good protein shake would be a near tasteless whey protein mixed with a scoop of muscle milk.

In amsterdam walk there is a shop called supplement warehouse, they have great prices on everything, 19 bucks for musclemilk and 29 bucks for noxplode. you have to order the xtend online, but i think Dan(the guy who works there) has glutamine products.

Honestly the only way to lose fat and gain muscle is to take a lot of protein and limit calorie intake. workout for a good 45-60 minutes then get on the treadmill for another hour, while taking glutamine so the calorie consumption doesnt eat at your muscles.

I workout at la fitness in toco hills in case anyone else does. they stya open later :p

LilMonty
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Also a good point.