PDA

View Full Version : i need some legal advice.

civickid
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
i got pulled over doing 30 over the speed limit. im 17 and have had my license a little over six months. whats the best thing i could do to keep my license. cop said that i would loose it for 6 months. is it that cut and dry? or is there anything i can do to impress the court to help me keep my license. anything is helpfull.

Leadfoot_mf
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
well i think you have impressed the court enough with your awesome display of stupidity.
what could you possible do to top this wonderful thread?

Echonova
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Pray.

buffdaddy18
03-04-2007, 01:12 PM
you could probably give the officer that gave you the ticket a blowjob

civickid
03-04-2007, 01:18 PM
ok something helpfull is appreciated

quickdodgeŽ
03-04-2007, 01:19 PM
you could probably give the officer that gave you the ticket a blowjob

Only for a Krispy Kreme, though. In most cases, it is pretty cut and dry. The courts are really cracking down on these little teenage speeding fuckers. Later, QD.

Echonova
03-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Mine was helpful, only the Lord can save you now.

sirkus
03-04-2007, 01:21 PM
It's gone for 6 months.. Just hurry up and turn it in and get it over with as fast as possible. And get a bus ticket.

How and where did he get you? Sometimes you can get out of them... Go to court and hope the cop doesnt show :rolleyes:

Leadfoot_mf
03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
move to another state like Hawaii where they dont import or report DMV records.

civickid
03-04-2007, 01:24 PM
i couldnt say that i need it for my job or for school? i couldnt just do community service? cause i have had friends that just get off with community service.

Leadfoot_mf
03-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Did you know if u got caught going 30 over that you would lose your license before it happened?

civickid
03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
no. cop said he could have taken me to jail. and i had no idea it was that big of a deal. i think they should tell u that kind of stuff before u get your license.

Leadfoot_mf
03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
i couldnt say that i need it for my job or for school? i couldnt just do community service? cause i have had friends that just get off with community service.

the court doesn't care about you, your work or your school. if that was the case what would be the punishment for any driving offense? Really? i guess you are just stupid.

Echonova
03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Depends on how much down force your aluininum wing puts out at 30 over.

Echonova
03-04-2007, 01:28 PM
no. cop said he could have taken me to jail. and i had no idea it was that big of a deal. i think they should tell u that kind of stuff before u get your license.

He could have, anything 25 and over.

live~sideway
03-04-2007, 01:29 PM
really you probably want to spend the money on a lawyer if you have any thoughts of getting it back its prolly going to be your best bet. if not talk to the prosecutorand hope he'll let you off with like a defensive driving course and probably community service. otherwise kiss that baby good bye for awhile.

Leadfoot_mf
03-04-2007, 01:30 PM
It is in the book you should have read before u got your license. all the threads on here about dumbass kids just like you losing their licenses and you never put 2 and 2 together.

i don't think you should ever drive again.

civickid
03-04-2007, 01:30 PM
oh and it happened on east-west connector where the big bridge things are. there were 3 or 4 cops all nailing people as we came off the bridge. that roads speed limt is 45 and thats a long ass road and i was late for a date. but they got like 2 other people right near me. it was a bitch.

Echonova
03-04-2007, 01:32 PM
It is in the book you should have read before u got your license. all the threads on here about dumbass kids just like you losing their licenses and you never put 2 and 2 together.

i don't think you should ever drive again.

I second that emotion.:goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
03-04-2007, 01:33 PM
i think they should tell u that kind of stuff before u get your license.

Ummm. You really don't need to worry about your goddamn license. You need to stay in school and learn. That's got to be one of the first things you are taught when going for your DLs. NO SPEEDING! Who gives a goddamn what you know about the consequences. You wouldn't need to know them if you weren't going to break the law in the first place. Later, QD.

cornercarver78
03-04-2007, 01:33 PM
nolo??

RandomGuy
03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
just go to phonetrace.org type in ur citation number where the phone number goes (without the first letter) and it will trace the cop who wrote it, and search public records for a number. Give him a call and sincerely appologize and offer to cut his grass or something, It will be dropped, its really easy. You can get off with 200$ fee, no community service, no points, keep license.

Echonova
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Ummm. You really don't need to worry about your goddamn license. You need to stay in school and learn. That's got to be one of the first things you are taught when going for your DLs. NO SPEEDING! Who gives a goddamn what you know about the consequences. You wouldn't need to know them if you weren't going to break the law in the first place. Later, QD.

Damn right...Listen to QD.

Z32redondo
03-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Ya I got one about 2 months ago in phenix city for 30 over. Went to court like 2 weeks ago.
Judge:you ever gotten a ticket before
me: no sir
Judge: ok you have 2 choices. Either just pay the fine, then take a defensive driving course and come back to show me the certificate that you passed. It wont show up on your insurance and all you pay is the fine. Or I can bring the officer here at a later court date and you can fight it. I took the first one.

But the cop wasnt in there, in fact cops never come to court in Phenix city. But ya GL

Z32redondo
03-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh and no points on mine either^^^^^

Leadfoot_mf
03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Ya I got one about 2 months ago in phenix city for 30 over. Went to court like 2 weeks ago.
Judge:you ever gotten a ticket before
me: no sir
Judge: ok you have 2 choices. Either just pay the fine, then take a defensive driving course and come back to show me the certificate that you passed. It wont show up on your insurance and all you pay is the fine. Or I can bring the officer here at a later court date and you can fight it. I took the first one.

But the cop wasnt in there, in fact cops never come to court in Phenix city. But ya GL
THAT IS BECAUSE THE FIRST FUCKING APPEARANCE IS ARRAIGNMENT THE COP WILL NEVER I MEAN FUCKING NEVER GOING TO BE THERE. AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR COURT CASE THAT DAY.

well sometimes everyone is there and they do have the trail but that almost never happens.

Z32redondo
03-04-2007, 01:59 PM
THAT IS BECAUSE THE FIRST FUCKING APPEARANCE IS ARRAIGNMENT THE COP WILL NEVER I MEAN FUCKING NEVER GOING TO BE THERE. AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR COURT CASE THAT DAY.

well sometimes everyone is there and they do have the trail but that almost never happens.

Ya uhh no shit. I just said that he gave me choice 1) take the course pay the ticket and thats it. Or 2) have the trial.

I said the cops never come because they dont. Out of all the like 25 cases I saw the only cops that showed were the ones for the jailbaits. And even then some of the cops didnt come for those cases either. Phenix City court is so redneck they dont really give a shit. People were up in that bitch wearnin overalls and ripped shirts, some barefoot some not.

Repost Squintz
03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
i got pulled over doing 30 over the speed limit. im 17 and have had my license a little over six months. whats the best thing i could do to keep my license. cop said that i would loose it for 6 months. is it that cut and dry? or is there anything i can do to impress the court to help me keep my license. anything is helpfull.
:lmfao: u are going to lose your liscense

Jkuao
03-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Get a lawyer. They usually know the solicitor and can cut a fairly standard deal of 24 over and traffic school. Still an expensive ticket but you keep your license. Every kid under 18 in front of me in Gwinnett county court was doing that. In fact that was most of the court room. Probably 70% were girls too...no clue as to why they get cheaper insurance. Although all the other posts on this forum w/ 17 yr olds w/ Evos, STi, etc and something to prove probably explains that.

I on the other hand got a 15 over ticket I was fighting. Pled not guilty b/c I literally couldn't go that fast w/ a car carrying 400lb of stuff from school and the officer was a complete dick that tailed me for over a mile until I sped up to let him by. Solicitor gave me 10 over and $40 fine to keep from having to come back to it.

My younger brother got a 29mph 2 months before turning 18 over on 78 near Stone Mountain where the limit goes from 65 to 45 in ~1 mile. Hired a lawyer after going to court the first time and the judge told him to get a lawyer. 2 more trips w/ the lawyer to reschedule and setup the trial and the officer didn't show and the case was thrown out. Cost $800 in attorney fees but losing your license will result in ridiculous insurance costs that will easily outstrip the up front lawyer costs.

Also, drive slower...you've had your license 6 months. There's a specific reason why people under 18 get this kind of punishment. B/c they're stupid and drive 67% faster than the speed limit in high traffic areas where cops wait.

Also, NY doesn't transfer points. Kept my NY license as long as possible but you can't get insurance down here w/o a GA license #.