PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR RICE?

Daccord93
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Is this REALLY where NASCAR is going? Im not a fan of NASCAR but I saw this on the tele the other day and it made me wonder why?

itz a jew
03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
haha wtf

B96v6
03-03-2007, 11:35 AM
At least they're trying to make some improvements to the cars. That is the "Car of Tomorrow" that will be raced 17 weekends this season. It still amazes me that NASCAR is so popular considering the cars use technology that was prevelent on production autos 50 years ago. I think the COT is a step in the right direction, at least as far as aerodynamics are concerned. Now if we can just get them to ditch the pushrod, iron block motors and actually have them based on PRODUCTION cars, I might watch it. Honestly, who still makes a carbureted RWD car anymore? Oh, and flip a coin at the beginning of each race to decide whether the oval will be run clockwise or counter-clockwise.

B

The BUCKY
03-03-2007, 12:49 PM
At least they're trying to make some improvements to the cars. That is the "Car of Tomorrow" that will be raced 17 weekends this season. It still amazes me that NASCAR is so popular considering the cars use technology that was prevelent on production autos 50 years ago. I think the COT is a step in the right direction, at least as far as aerodynamics are concerned. Now if we can just get them to ditch the pushrod, iron block motors and actually have them based on PRODUCTION cars, I might watch it. Honestly, who still makes a carbureted RWD car anymore? Oh, and flip a coin at the beginning of each race to decide whether the oval will be run clockwise or counter-clockwise.

B

then and only then would i watch nascar. good post

HiPSI
03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
since when was a functional wing on a race vehicle called rice?

Sol-Badguy
03-03-2007, 01:43 PM
since when was a functional wing on a race vehicle called rice?
x2!

Daccord93
03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
ok so rice isnt the right word but still. I mean if they are on a road course then ok but for making left turns the spoilers that they have seem to be working just fine.

Josh...
03-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I mean if they are on a road course then ok but for making left turns the spoilers that they have seem to be working just fine.

Because you don't need downforce when going 200 mph on a straight away...

Elbow
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I kinda like it...

HiPSI
03-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Because you don't need downforce when going 200 mph on a straight away...

only in an accord apparently.

Daccord93
03-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Ohh, fuck it, nevermind then. Either way, I am not going to start any shit. It was just my opinion, I just dont like them but again I dont like NASCAR, so.

phongt12
03-04-2007, 12:05 AM
i dont watch NASCAR but it's been interesting watching how the Car of Tomorrow is coming along and also the entrance of Toyota into NASCAR. it's funny how to hear some of the fans whine and groan about foreign companies coming in and ruining their "sport" when, in fact, some american cars aren't built here in the U.S., but in Mexico or Canada. :lmfao:

Elbow
03-04-2007, 07:50 AM
I hate NASCAR as well, and good point phongt12 +1

I say no more ovals and make it all road courses like V8 Super Touring Cars.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-04-2007, 08:12 AM
the Car of Tomorrow is hot shit....

the wing and the front lip are teh hawtness..

the overall design is :goodjob:

man
03-04-2007, 01:39 PM
i dont watch NASCAR but it's been interesting watching how the Car of Tomorrow is coming along and also the entrance of Toyota into NASCAR. it's funny how to hear some of the fans whine and groan about foreign companies coming in and ruining their "sport" when, in fact, some american cars aren't built here in the U.S., but in Mexico or Canada. :lmfao:

Well Toyota sucks at pretty much every kind of racing they enter, so the fans aren't really too worried about it.

HiPSI
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Well Toyota sucks at pretty much every kind of racing they enter, so the fans aren't really too worried about it.

when they really put forth the same effort as other companies in racing they do very well, but toyota has rarely had a lot of money in it's racing R&D.

green91
03-04-2007, 08:19 PM
the spoilers that they have seem to be working just fine.

you're assuming the current design used is the best possible, but in actuality they use it because its what is currently mandated. and you do need downforce going in a straight line!

man
03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
when they really put forth the same effort as other companies in racing they do very well, but toyota has rarely had a lot of money in it's racing R&D.

Well they don't really have much of an excuse as they are the largest car company in the world.

dwnsthGABOY
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I kinda like it...

x2

Ran
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Well Toyota sucks at pretty much every kind of racing they enter, so the fans aren't really too worried about it.O RLY? Toyota has done pretty d@mn well in the NASCAR Truckman series. I expect their move into Nextel Cup to be pretty impressive as well. Also considering that they've got quite a few well known NASCAR drivers coming over to their brand, it'll be interesting to watch the Rising Sun overcome the Big Three.

I hate NASCAR, but my father likes it so I get to keep up on all this crap. Not sure if that's good or not. :thinking:

man
03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
O RLY? Toyota has done pretty d@mn well in the NASCAR Truckman series. I expect their move into Nextel Cup to be pretty impressive as well. Also considering that they've got quite a few well known NASCAR drivers coming over to their brand, it'll be interesting to watch the Rising Sun overcome the Big Three.

I hate NASCAR, but my father likes it so I get to keep up on all this crap. Not sure if that's good or not. :thinking:

Shall we delve into their F1 program?

speedminded
03-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I cracked up when I first found out about the nascar wing...we've been using the "ricer" wing on the honda challenge/scca club racing cars for years! The best part is people giving us shit about it the entire time...until they get out on the track against it ;) now nascars using it on their 200+mph beasts :tongue:

Josh...
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
and you do need downforce going in a straight line!

Yea my post was full of scarcasm...thanks.

P. A.
03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
in my opinion i think this is nascar rice..... :D

soplocar
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
that would be the only reason that i would watch nascar, well the second reason now that juan montoya (GO COLOMBIANS) is whooping ass in the races!!!, i still think that he stepped down too much!!! from F1 to NASCAR..... what tha f*ck!

speedminded
03-08-2007, 06:11 PM
in my opinion i think this is nascar rice..... :DWhat makes that a nascar? At least that monte carlo's suspension design is a few dozen years more modern than the conventional nascar that's on the track...and still doesn't handle for shit :tongue:

Black95s14
03-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Ya wings are functional on RACE cars but it seems that people are so used to seeing it on hondas now that if it is put on a race car then its rice???!!! Are you kidding

Its functional on a car going 180-200 mph...

Not on your civic going 45 once vtec kicks in yo

EP3sAreFun
03-10-2007, 03:23 PM
The Celica has been a hard to beat contender ever since its introduction in the WRC when it raced against the Lancia Integrale in 1989-90. Toyota won 38 WRC rallies and 2 WRC Championships ('93 and '94) with it. The WRC corolla also did very well.

and in Initial D the GT4/alltrac-turbo won every race.... or so i'm told

Sol-Badguy
03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
The Celica has been a hard to beat contender ever since its introduction in the WRC when it raced against the Lancia Integrale in 1989-90. Toyota won 38 WRC rallies and 2 WRC Championships ('93 and '94) with it. The WRC corolla also did very well.

and in Initial D the GT4/alltrac-turbo won every race.... or so i'm told
Not really.

Takumi owned him on Akina Snow.

LilMonty
03-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't think 850 horsepower came in cars 50 years ago, and Nascar is pretty badass in person.

EP3sAreFun
03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Not really.

Takumi owned him on Akina Snow.

or so i was told lol