PDA

View Full Version : Ricky - Were you and your putos part of this??!!!

Deaf Pimp
03-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Looks like your weed stashed just went down!

Pot crackdown leads to third raid in Gwinnett
Police find 'several millions dollars' worth of marijuana'

By LATEEF MUNGIN ([email protected])
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/02/07
Authorities on Thursday night busted another million-dollar marijuana factory operating in a Gwinnett house.

Snellville police and the Gwinnett County Drug Task Force found the "sophisticated" operation that cultivated hundreds of marijuana plants in the basement of the Snellville house, said Gwinnett Cpl. Darren Moloney.

RELATED
• Dacula house raided (http://www.ajc.com/gwinnett/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/03/01/0302gwxgrow.html)
Five people were arrested and three cars were confiscated at 2851 Creekwood Drive.

Late Thursday night, officers were still trying to tally the amount of marijuana that was growing in the home, Moloney said.

"There are at least 500 plants," Moloney said, standing outside the home that sat in a tree-lined neighborhood near U.S. 78. "There is several millions dollars' worth of marijuana in this home."

The Snellville bust is related to several similar drug busts that have occurred in Gwinnett and other metro Atlanta counties recently, Moloney said.

"This is not a Gwinnett problem. This is a metro Atlanta problem," Moloney said. "Similar to the other houses, this house was turned into a highly sophisticated marijuana factory."

Authorities obtained a warrant and began searching the home at 5 p.m., Moloney said. In the basement, officers found potted marijuana plants and an elaborate irrigation and lighting system.

Public utilities had been tapped into illegally, Moloney said, "so there was no way for agencies to determine that there was a large amount of water and electricity being used."

Late Thursday night, police had not released the names of the suspects or what information was used to obtain the search warrants.

The Snellville "grow house" was the third operation raided in Gwinnett County this week.

On Wednesday, sheriff's deputies found more pot than they could easily weigh and measure growing in the basement of a suburban home in Dacula. On Monday, a raid near Lawrenceville netted three arrests and $2 million worth of pot. Unlike some of the other homes that have been raided by police, there was evidence that someone was living in the home. In some of the other homes, which authorities are calling "grow houses," the homes were used exclusively to grow and store marijuana.

The Snellville bust is another example of this new phenomenon and speaks to an different style of organized drug trafficking, Moloney said.

"This is an example of sophisticated crime organization," Moloney said as he stood on the lawn of the Snellville home.

Behind the officer was a sign that advertised the neighborhood-watch-type organization that exists in the area.

"Our children are protected by the Block Parent program," the sign read.

Police are spreading out around the northern arc of metro Atlanta as each raid nets more intelligence on the sophisticated production ring, Moloney said.

The Lawrenceville raid stemmed from busts last week in Barrow and Jackson counties, Moloney said. Jackson County Sheriff's Office deputies raided four houses last week. Barrow and Hall counties made similar raids, finding hundreds of thousands of dollars in marijuana and waist-high plants grown hydroponically.

Also, fire officials determined a house fire last week in Lawrenceville was the result of another grow operation. Hot lamps had set the attic aflame. Police also found 10 plants in garbage cans behind a Gwinnett business in a separate incident. Moloney wouldn't say whether the incidents were connected. But the investigation is spreading, he said.

PhAtBoYMr2
03-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Thats alot of smoking

IntegraXTR
03-02-2007, 11:30 AM
hell yeh, man I be set for life with that much green. Get blazed and never come down

D.Choe
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Police also found 10 plants in garbage cans behind a Gwinnett business in a separate incident.

lol I heard it was behind the McAlister's off North Brown.

I would've just set some of it aflame and let everyone get blazed so I can gank that shit outta there and nobody would care.

Sol-Badguy
03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Thas a lotta pot.

thinkfast®
03-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I'M STUCK IN THE TOP FLOOR OF THE ELEVATOR

CAUSE IM HIGH - DUMB HIGH

BITCH I COULD LOOK INTO THE SUNS EYES

thinkfast®
03-02-2007, 12:21 PM
YO PAT THATS THE LAST TIME YOU MAKE A THINKFAST REMARK WHEN REFERENCING NARCOTICS

JERK

mocha latte cupcake
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
whatever puto! you smoke the rock! and teh weed!

thinkfast®
03-02-2007, 03:51 PM
LOOK HO I WOULD WORRY ABOUT OTHER THINGS, LIKE UR RECEDING HAIRLINE! AND WHAT GIVES W/ THE HAIR YOU DO HAVE, ALL TANGLY AND SHIT, WHAT UP W/ THAT PARTNA?? LOOK LIKE A BUNCHA SPIDERS ON YOUR HEAD JUST HAVIN A MEETIN

thinkfast®
03-02-2007, 03:51 PM
SMOKE DEEZ NUTS

Ran
03-02-2007, 04:01 PM
They should have just burned the house down. Could have been fun.

LS2ner
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
They mustve been growin some good shit or estimating the plants to be worth alot. Cause 2 mill in weed?? Thats more than could fit in a basement.

TheGrillMan
03-02-2007, 04:55 PM
They mustve been growin some good shit or estimating the plants to be worth alot. Cause 2 mill in weed?? Thats more than could fit in a basement.

well if you think about it if anyone had the balls to grow that much green do you think they would fuck around with regs?
or be a man and grow some chronic

LS2ner
03-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I mean im sure if was some good shit but come on? 2 mill? They mustve been counting the estimated street value of the Lab itself.