PDA

View Full Version : The Klan back on the rise...

quickdodgeŽ
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
"NEW YORK (AP) -- The Ku Klux Klan has rebounded by exploiting current hot-button issues, especially immigration, according to a new report released by the Anti-Defamation League.

The Klan, and other white supremacist groups like skinheads and neo-Nazis, grew significantly more active in the past year, holding more rallies, distributing leaflets and increasing their presence on the Internet -- much of it focused on stirring anti-immigrant sentiment, according to the report.

"Extremist groups are good at seizing on whatever the hot button is of the day and twisting the message to get new members," Deborah M. Lauter, ADL Civil Rights director, said Monday. "This one seems to be taking hold with more of mainstream America than we'd like to see." (Read the full ADL reportexternal link)

"Klan groups have witnessed a surprising and troubling resurgence by exploiting fears of an immigration explosion, and the debate over immigration has, in turn, helped to fuel an increase in Klan activity, with new groups sprouting in parts of the country that have not seen much activity," Lauter said.

Old Klan chapters have been revived and new ones started throughout the South, historically the heart of the group, and in other places such as Michigan, Iowa and New Jersey, says the report. (Watch how the KKK is seeing a resurgence Video)

Last May in Alabama, an anti-immigration rally included slogans such as, "Let's get rid of the Mexicans!" according to the document, titled "Ku Klux Klan Rebounds."

"The Klan is increasingly cooperating with other extremist groups and Neo-Nazi groups," Lauter said. "That's a new phenomenon."

Between 2000 and 2005, hate groups mushroomed 33 percent and Klan chapters by 63 percent, according to Mark Potok, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate crimes.

Precise data are difficult to pin down, but Potok's group counts as many as 150 Klan chapters with up to 8,000 members nationwide. More than 800 hate groups exist around the country, Southern Poverty research shows.
Hate groups were fading in 1990s

In the late 1990s, memberships in such groups was crumbling as they lost leaders and struggled to organize, said Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino. Many hit bottom around 2000.

"Whenever you think the Klan is down and out, they find another way to reinvent themselves," he said of the recent resurgence.

Historically, the Klan's focus had been to terrorize African-Americans -- through race riots, lynchings and other killings -- but it reached peak membership at more than 4 million in the 1920s by focusing on immigration.

Newcomers from Ireland and Germany were portrayed as Catholic usurpers invading the United States, taking jobs from native-born Americans and undermining national fabric, Levin said.

Said Potok: "It's remarkable to look back at the nativist sentiments toward Catholics -- it's very similar to what we're seeing with Mexicans now."

Today, many white supremacists blame immigrants, particularly Hispanics, for crime, struggling schools or unemployment, for instance. With many Americans already divided on how to revamp laws and practices to address the nation's swelling immigrant communities, immigration "is an issue that works for hate groups," Potok said.
A burning cross on the front lawn

Many Latinos are feeling the effects firsthand. Last September, a Kentucky family originally from El Salvador found a wooden cross burning on their front lawn just weeks after they moved in.

Earlier last year, a Latino teenager in Houston was brutally beaten and sodomized while one attacker screamed "White Power!" The victim barely survived, and one attacker was sentenced to life in prison.

"I've been doing [Hispanic advocacy work] for a long, long time and the atmosphere has never been as poisonous as it has been in the last few years," said Lisa Navarrete, a vice president at the National Council of La Raza. "The level of vitriol is new."

Increasingly, fear permeates many Hispanic communities as individuals and businesses are targeted. Last year, La Raza held a workshop at its annual convention titled "Keeping Our Institutions Safe."

"It was very well attended, unfortunately," Navarrete said."

Later, QD.

TIGERJC
03-01-2007, 07:25 PM
now its the spanish ppls' turn, have fun

WHITEPOWER

Benefit
03-01-2007, 07:41 PM
lol

sleepys4
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Crazy shit not that cool though.

quickdodgeŽ
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
No one said anything about cool. Later, QD.

sebastianHoff
03-01-2007, 08:11 PM
anyone else find it funny that most neo-nazis would have been locked up by the actual nazis for being the antithesis of the arian ideal? theres just something amusing about a fat, bald, south alabama hick with a hitler shirt sayin sieg hail like he says hell ya.

they're all fuck ups so who gives a shit.

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 08:13 PM
hey, i might look the other way,if all the illegal mexicans disappeared

TIGERJC
03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
The economy would crashed

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
The economy would crashed

how?more jobs for us and taxes would go down

TIGERJC
03-01-2007, 08:18 PM
lol :lmfao:

silversol
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM

:lmfao:

sirkus
03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, you go out and pick oranges for a living. For 4 bucks an hour. In the hot ass California sun.

Fuck em... let em stay. Lets just make sure we deport them if they're caught.

Besides.. how would you go to the flea market and get good deals if you can't talk someone who doesn't speak English down?

And with the KKK.. you'd be surprised how many neo-nazi's have nothing to do with being a redneck. I'm sure there are a lot of them in New York..

eltravieso
03-02-2007, 02:59 AM
ima a wetback... wha

eltravieso
03-02-2007, 03:00 AM
oh bout da kkk , Don't give a shit!

HundoŽ
03-02-2007, 05:49 AM
HEIL HITLER, WHITE POWER.

AnTi-PooN
03-02-2007, 07:13 AM
kkk FTW

ksniperfox
03-02-2007, 04:36 PM
anyone else find it funny that most neo-nazis would have been locked up by the actual nazis for being the antithesis of the arian ideal? theres just something amusing about a fat, bald, south alabama hick with a hitler shirt sayin sieg hail like he says hell ya.

they're all fuck ups so who gives a shit.

fat bald alabama hicks hate black people. who says neo nazis are fat bald and from alabama anyways? you kinda make no sense.

OneSlow5pt0
03-02-2007, 04:38 PM
fat bald alabama hicks hate black people. who says neo nazis are fat bald and from alabama anyways? you kinda make no sense.

NEO-Nazi would kick the shit out of KKK..their like guns for hire

fight club
03-02-2007, 04:40 PM
actually most neo-nazis arent fat ignorant people. they tend to be white nationalists. who are usually educated, as apposed to the kkk.

HachiDori
03-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll hold my tongue on this topic cause ill get heated reall quick. But all of that is b/s. Yeah get rid of all the mexicans, and do this countries economy a favor. not.

sohcEX
03-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Neo nazis are no joke they would kick any rednecks ass. I live down the street from a real KKK bar actually been in the news but that does not make all kinds of folks and races from living near it. Me honestly think if you are here illegally you need to show us a reason you should be here.

eltravieso
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
im wit him ^^^^

HachiDori
03-03-2007, 12:20 AM
People in this country will not realize what illegals actually do. All they show is the bad side. Seriously. Send all the mexicans back do me a favor and tell me i didn't predict this.

With the 2 above. Where are you guys from?

Extrememustang
03-08-2007, 11:08 AM
i wish the kkk would take out this haitian at gwinnett place honda

EssAreTwenTee
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
the "supposed increase" study is put out by the anti defamation league, an anti racist organization. They are nonprofit meaning they depend on donations mainly to live. If racism and the like are no longer a problem and no longer in the news, they no longer get paid. Hmm Im sure their studies are accurate

Glides
03-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmm. When they say "On the rebound" do they mean that KKK members "MIGHT" be able to wear their uniforms out in public again without getting the shit whipped out of them?

In the late 70's I remember KKK members shutting down entire intersections to give out literature, now if, and I mean IF, you ever see one, they are in plain clothes talking very very quietly like they are hunting wabbits so nobody beats the poop out of em.

The Klans a joke.

ScoobyRacer
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Makes me think back in highschool when there was this really big group fight between blacks and whites, because this redneck wore a dixie shirt with a black woman picking cotton. The rednecks got their asses handed to em.. it was quite amusing

cactusEG
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
white and even balck ppls think that if u speak spanish ur mexican, well those red neck are fucking wrong and blks, there are so many spanish speaking races out there Cuba, el salvador, mexico, guatemala,honduras etc.... to think that u can get all of them out of the USA ur fucking wrong, there are so many hispanic gangs out there that they would not just sit there and let some pussy ass red neck kkk push there ppls around. kkk isnt shit they would end up with a hole in there head . You dont see or hear any thing about neo nazis in LA or Miami or san antoinio or houstone they know if they see some white hooded inbreed walking down the road they would get shot. and for the white fags that get mad about hispanics not paying taxes who do u think gives jobs to them ? think hard inbreeds duhhh white ppls that know that they would do it for less and under the table and also a better job, and for the hispanics that use false papers,, they do take taxes out of there pay roll and where does all that fucking money go? not back to the hispanics the goverment keeps it all

Rican219
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
HELLZ YEAH WHITEPOWER!

Glides
03-08-2007, 04:29 PM
white and even balck ppls think that if u speak spanish ur mexican, well those red neck are fucking wrong and blks, there are so many spanish speaking races out there Cuba, el salvador, mexico, guatemala,honduras etc.... to think that u can get all of them out of the USA ur fucking wrong, there are so many hispanic gangs out there that they would not just sit there and let some pussy ass red neck kkk push there ppls around. kkk isnt shit they would end up with a hole in there head . You dont see or hear any thing about neo nazis in LA or Miami or san antoinio or houstone they know if they see some white hooded inbreed walking down the road they would get shot. and for the white fags that get mad about hispanics not paying taxes who do u think gives jobs to them ? think hard inbreeds duhhh white ppls that know that they would do it for less and under the table and also a better job, and for the hispanics that use false papers,, they do take taxes out of there pay roll and where does all that fucking money go? not back to the hispanics the goverment keeps it all

Your heart was in it and your information was dead on but your delivery was just plain horrible.

If you are going to put the smack down on inbreeds, don't talk like one.

cactusEG
03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
i was in a hurry so i didnt get that much time to get all my shit right. but you know every thing i wrote is the damn truth...

speedminded
03-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I say everyone on here that is not white join the National Alliance and show up to one of their meetings. It's a few relatively intelligent & educated white suprimicist "leaders" followed by a bunch of ignorant white people and i'm embarassed to be their ideal Aryan blonde hair blue eyed model.

http://www.nationalalliance.com

They've left the most ridiculous neo-nazi white suprimicist flyers on my car before...and nobody touches any of my cars. i've was shot at by them when surveying adjoining property. The unfortunate thing was no departments/ police forces could prove they were doing anything wrong until my little adventure....their leader was arrested and put in prison for firearms because he had a prior felony on his record. Without their leader they are nobody. Moral of story, you touch my 300zx and you go to prison :D

cactusEG
03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
yea now that neo nazi is getting fucked by big crazy hispanic gangster and blk guys.. like that movie american history X when the nazi got fucked in the shower ! ! ! !