PDA

View Full Version : Which Would You Go To?

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I have to go and visit colleges next week

i have until march 14th to confirm which one i'm going to
and my head is getting ready to explode.

I've gotten into

Appalachian State University
Georgia State Univeristy
Florida State Univeristy
University of Alabama
University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee
Auburn University

what i wanna know is where would you guys go if you had the option?

don't take into account the cost to go to each one.
i'm willing to take out a bigger loan as long as i'm getting the best education and having the best time possible.

if you went to one of those even better, share your experience

discuss please :2cents:

TheGrillMan
03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
best school isnt even on there

go gators!!!!!!

and i hate to say this but fl state is nice i have some friends that go there and tallahasse is alot of fun

Stormhammer
03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
well, what are you majoring in?

I'd say Auburn, Univ. of TN, then GA State though

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
well, what are you majoring in?

I'd say Auburn, Univ. of TN, then GA State though

no idea yet

Sociology was my main one or business
but i'm not too sure

its not solid in other words
and yea UF is an awesome school, didn't bother to apply though, a few chicks in my grade way smarter then me got rejected from there.

i wouldn't get in

a few friends of mine go to GA State though, they hate it. they say its really spread out and campus sucks. hardly any social events

Mike Lowrey
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM

go gators!!!!!!

x1,000,000

TheGrillMan
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
x1,000,000

haha

all i have to say to gator haters is

just like last year

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
id say Auburn..i think thats the best school out of them

man
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM

go gators!!!!!!

and i hate to say this but fl state is nice i have some friends that go there and tallahasse is alot of fun

Dont worry I told him the same thing.

TheGrillMan
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Dont worry I told him the same thing.

good man

Crazy Asian
03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
I honestly hate all the schools in GA. Piece of shit design and layout. But University of Georgia I hear is nice. But man do I miss Cali's College so freaking easy. Easily walk to class and peace not like fucking GA state which is sprawled out in the heart of ATL which is the most stupidest idea. Then again NYU and USC is the same.

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
and i dont who voted FSU,FSU is a crappy school their good at football(used to be)but its a party and state school,its probbly the worst one on the list

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
and i dont who voted FSU,FSU is a crappy school their good at football(used to be)but its a party and state school,its probbly the worst one on the list

even fcman told me there were great academics, a huge gator fan

i dunno how its worse then ga state or auburn
those were easy as hell to get into

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
even fcman told me there were great academics, a huge gator fan

i dunno how its worse then ga state or auburn
those were easy as hell to get into

idk,maybe thier better than i think..its just from what ive heard..but its ur choice,should go where u want

Crazy Asian
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
LOL I got in Cal State Northridge and GA state doesnt want me cuz I didnt have enough hours to transfer. BS IM TOO SMART FOR YOU BITCHES!!!

Blitanicle99
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Georgia southern? lol Where Im headed. Lets hear it for the under achievers? lol

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
your not really missing anything if you go to Ga State.. just think of a college with no real college "life"

commuter college dead smack in the city..

so if you were to "tour" there, just think your going to ATL for a day

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
idk,maybe thier better than i think..its just from what ive heard..but its ur choice,should go where u want

yea USC and FSU seem to be the most prestigious out of that list

FSU was the hardest to get into
i have to do a one month summer program starting june 27th and ends beginning of august if i want to go in fall 2007, cost free though so that ain't too bad, it'll let me get accustomed as well before the newbie other freshmen get there.

alabama has only gotten easier i hear because they are under a large expansion program

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
your not really missing anything if you go to Ga State.. just think of a college with no real college "life"

commuter college dead smack in the city..

so if you were to "tour" there, just think your going to ATL for a day

nah i'm not touring there,
i've been to a few parties there, they were okay
slept in my friend's dorm at the village many a times

i'm going to Tennessee on friday-saturday and going offroading while i'm up there in knoxville.

alabama and staying in my friend's dorm on sunday-monday.

florida state tuesday-wednesday

then afterwards going to USC and POSSIBLY appalachian
already checked out auburn, wasn't too impressed with campus

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I wish I should've went to USC(cal)/UCLA..

I got into those.. but HOPE is a beautiful thing.. and didn't feel like heading West at that time

my ex used to go to U. South Carolina.. she loved it..
but of course she was a Delta Zeta

Crazy Asian
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Dude you missed out. I went to a UCLA party damn fucking so many fine asian and white girls it unhbelivable and get this half were oversea students though Im trying to find that word you know when a student goes to another country to learn at a school. Damn I forgot that word.

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
isn't USC (cal) like 50k a year or so

i would transfer there if i had the money

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 05:50 PM
isn't USC (cal) like 50k a year or so

i would transfer there if i had the money

i trying to keep my good grades so i can go to GT

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Dude you missed out. I went to a UCLA party damn fucking so many fine asian and white girls it unhbelivable and get this half were oversea students though Im trying to find that word you know when a student goes to another country to learn at a school. Damn I forgot that word.

foreign exchange student?

anywho, when I lived at THE VILLAGE at GSU I specifically requested to live in Ithaca (the foreign dorm) and believe me, those European Girls were crazy.. esp. the Sweds/Netherlands crazy chicks.. hot too..

but I only applied to Cal schools b/c my family wanted me to go back home to the West Coast

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
foreign exchange student?

anywho, when I lived at THE VILLAGE at GSU I specifically requested to live in Ithaca (the foreign dorm) and believe me, those European Girls were crazy.. esp. the Sweds/Netherlands crazy chicks.. hot too..

but I only applied to Cal schools b/c my family wanted me to go back home to the West Coast

if you got into USC you coulda gotten into Tech or GA :thinking:
at like atleast a fifth of the price too

xLSTONEx
03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Whatever you do don't go to Auburn, they have a horrible repuation and allow anyone in. Honestly, even coming from a Gators fan, FSU is probably the best school, really good repuation. After that I would say GA State. If you smoke a lot of pot, then go to App State. South Carolina is a ok, and Alabama is a no.

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Whatever you do don't go to Auburn, they have a horrible repuation and allow anyone in. Honestly, even coming from a Gators fan, FSU is probably the best school, really good repuation. After that I would say GA State. If you smoke a lot of pot, then go to App State. South Carolina is a ok, and Alabama is a no.

ironically my redneck friend is going to appalachian, he has a f-250 jacked up with smoke stacks and a train horn installed on it and gets dui's and talks about beer non stop.

yet... he loves mountain climbing and the outdoors yet encourages littering the road... hes some kind of fucked up hybrid, wierd that hes going there lol

i think georgia state is the last one on the list i want to go to, plus that would mean living at home, the last thing i also want to do.

whats wrong with bama? i have a few friends that go there they say its pretty fun

TheGrillMan
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
FSU is deff your best choice even tho im gator fan ha

just try to not flunk out there in the top 5 of freshmen flunk outs cause of the partys

plus florida is alot of fun

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:05 PM
FSU is deff your best choice even tho im gator fan ha

just try to not flunk out there in the top 5 of freshmen flunk outs cause of the partys

plus florida is alot of fun

yea i figure its close to the beaches
its a good school as it is

but if i do really well i'll be able to transfer to UF or Miami

do i get to be a resident applicable for instate tuition and selection to Florida colleges after a certain matter of time going to FSU?

or am i considered a Georgian even living on campus for 4 years?

ORGANIZATIONXIII
03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
if you got into USC you coulda gotten into Tech or GA :thinking:
at like atleast a fifth of the price too

I hate Athens.. plus UGA.. everyone in damn GEORGIA reps that school.. its ridiculous...

its like a band wagon thing to do.. but I didn't go to Tech for obvious reasons, the prices/the admissions/and engineering..

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I hate Athens.. plus UGA.. everyone in damn GEORGIA reps that school.. its ridiculous...

its like a band wagon thing to do.. but I didn't go to Tech for obvious reasons, the prices/the admissions/and engineering..

true, still best education in GA though

tech has other programs though, and i think its only 10k with hope, not a back breaker atleast

oh well, i see ur point though

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
FSU since you didn't apply at OU

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:18 PM

oh and i HATE when kids at my school are like i'm going to Athens for the weekend to get drunk with college guys and get date raped WOOOOO

so true on everyone loving it.
kids who have no history there or aren't even goin there where UGA hats all the time to fit in.

if you're in HS, you will not be "going to athens for the weekend"

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
FSU since you didn't apply at OU

OU = ?

TheGrillMan
03-01-2007, 07:22 PM
yea i figure its close to the beaches
its a good school as it is

but if i do really well i'll be able to transfer to UF or Miami

do i get to be a resident applicable for instate tuition and selection to Florida colleges after a certain matter of time going to FSU?

or am i considered a Georgian even living on campus for 4 years?

eh im not positive but i think if you move there and live in a apt for an amount of time then you are considerd a fl resident but if you live in student housing then you still a ga resident

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
OU = ?
Oklahoma University

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Oklahoma University

i'm assuming you go there
or got legacy?

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I Bleed GT Gold...unlike 98% of GA that humps UGA...and FSU is bout 3-4 hours from beach

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I Bleed GT Gold...unlike 98% of GA that humps UGA...and FSU is bout 3-4 hours from beach

yea not so much...

look how close it is to whore central
panama city

http://www.kgc.cc/maps/florida.gif

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 07:49 PM
yea not so much...

look how close it is to whore central
panama city

http://www.kgc.cc/maps/florida.gif

lol,u burned me..i thought it was closer to the middle

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
i'll admit its still a good distance away from the really good beaches in south florida
saves me from having to learn spanish atleast

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
i'm assuming you go there
or got legacy?
Not until I graduate next year, if I get accepted. My brother goes to Oklahoma sate, there both good schools.

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
nice, where u a junior at?

edit: noticed ur in newnan, no matter what you say i won't what the fuck school ur talkin bout

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I go to North Gate High School, which are you graduating from?

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I go to North Gate High School, which are you graduating from?

the walker school
its a private school over on 41
2 minutes south of the intersection with barrett parkway

i would go to marietta though

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
the walker school
its a private school over on 41
2 minutes south of the intersection with barrett parkway

i would go to marietta though
Nice, do you get a different diploma when you go to a private school besides dua,l tech, and college prep.

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Nice, do you get a different diploma when you go to a private school besides dua,l tech, and college prep.

not too sure

hopefully i can answer that question in may lol :goodjob:

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 08:13 PM
alright :cool:

Lucky DAWG
03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
alright :cool:

i'll be back tomorrow, i gotta go do a gay ass poetry portfolio so i can pass and go to college

NewGen33
03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
i'll be back tomorrow, i gotta go do a gay ass poetry portfolio so i can pass and go to college
HAHA good luck

OneSlow5pt0
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
i'll admit its still a good distance away from the really good beaches in south florida
saves me from having to learn spanish atleast

id just go to panama(spelling) beach,where i go anyways