PDA

View Full Version : question about about a ticket...

Boostedek
03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
hey i was wondering was there a law that say the cop have to give you a calibiration check(sp) if you ask for one...

i have a ticket on buford highway and i was in a camry going 50 behind a suv and he said that he clocked me at 53 in a 35...when i ask him for a calibiration check he said that he doest have to give me one...i want to know if there a law that stated that he have to if i ask for it.

also is it true if anything under 14 mph will not be shown to the insurance company...LMk

Halfwit
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
give u a calibration check? from what i understnd they dont check the calibration themselves, so they cant "give u one" u can request the last date of calibration, and hope its over the limit of when they needed to have it calibrated.

Boostedek
03-01-2007, 11:24 AM
will i just got anyother speeding ticket lastnite on statebridge on my bike i asked the officer if i can get a calibiration check and he said yes...but i didnt get it cause the office wrote me a ticket doing 59mph in 45mph when i was doing 62..he said that the he doing me a favor so that it wouldnt show up in the insurance company..but if i was to get a calibiration check he would write me a ticketing doing 62 in a 45, that why i just took that ticket...

Boostedek
03-01-2007, 11:25 AM
he also said that they do the calibiration check before the shift so that it could be accurate.....

Maniaç
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Ummm... sorry man i can't help you out in this subject. i can help you out with some rep. :]

AnclyT
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
i got a ticket for 15 over in jonesboro in december and when i got pulled over, he asked me if i wanted a calibration test..

so i said sure, so he went to his car, came back after like 1 minute and said "calibration showed it to be accurate"....

i felt like i got jewed

2.0civic
03-01-2007, 02:44 PM
how do they do a "calibration test"

AnclyT
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
exactly..

Eimaj
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Any ticket will show up on your insurance. 58 in a 55 on your DMV will still count as a speeding ticket for insurance purposes. It will not add any points to you license.

aaronfelipe
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
how do they do a "calibration test"
x4

lightspeed
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
yes, they have to give calibration checks if you request. there is a spot on the ticket for it. they have some type of tuning tool or something that does it in the car. 14 over will not be reported to DMV/insurance. Its not any points. I would just take the 59 mph and say "thanks, officer" :goodjob:

GTslOw
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
yes, they have to give calibration checks if you request. there is a spot on the ticket for it. they have some type of tuning tool or something that does it in the car. 14 over will not be reported to DMV/insurance. Its not any points. I would just take the 59 mph and say "thanks, officer" :goodjob:the tuning tool u are talking about is several little rods that u tap against each other in front of the radar and the vibration will show a speed on the radar. each set of rods will show a certain speed as marked on the bag they are in:goodjob:

Boostedek
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
yes, they have to give calibration checks if you request. there is a spot on the ticket for it. they have some type of tuning tool or something that does it in the car. 14 over will not be reported to DMV/insurance. Its not any points. I would just take the 59 mph and say "thanks, officer" :goodjob:

yea the cop that give me a ticket on statebridge did me a favor because i was going 62 in a 45mph on my bike lastnite..

and the one on buford hwy i was in my sister camry and he said that he clocked me going 53 in a 35mph..i was going 50 in that area..he pulled me over a give me a ticket, then i asked him for a calibiration check he said that HE WAS NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE ME ONE...i told him that dont i get one if i request he said that he put it on the ticket that i asked for a calibiration check but when i got home look at the ticket he didnt check that box...

thanks for the information..

Leadfoot_mf
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
the tuning tool u are talking about is several little rods that u tap against each other in front of the radar and the vibration will show a speed on the radar. each set of rods will show a certain speed as marked on the bag they are in:goodjob:
they are tuning forks i have used them when i use to work on park ranger cars at goodyear. they are just like tuning forks for guitars.

AnTi-PooN
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
i got a 26 over but he cut it down to 16 :) pizza boy woooo

BLk92DA
03-06-2007, 12:09 PM
i got a 26 over but he cut it down to 16 :) pizza boy woooo

i knew i seen your white ass delivering pizza before in that fo doe civic! :lmfao:

Wal-Mart
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
i knew i seen your white ass delivering pizza before in that four lid dumpster! :lmfao:

fixed.