PDA

View Full Version : my dilemma

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 08:46 AM
ok so i woke up today round 9... and i look at my phone and the date said 3/1.... immediately i somehow had a vague memory of a court date today... (expired tag, GCPD) (i'm calling them, no answer)

so i'm like fuck... (its the last day b4 spring break) and I think I have a test in one of my classes w/ an asshole teacher at 11AM....

its almost 10 now and class is about 40 minutes away. IT takes me about 25 mins to get ready

Halfwit
03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
kill yourself

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 08:48 AM
ok so i just found out its at 12:30 today (lol i love my random intermittent memory)

i can pay it ($140) or appear in court, to pay it I have to physically go in so i might as well appear? What do you guys think

You think they will lower the price if I show that I have renewed the tag and that it is no longer expired.

The Yousef
03-01-2007, 08:53 AM
go to court!

show your teacher your ticket...it's better then a bench warrant...and they'll kick your arse for not appearing (some judges are more lenient then others)

Halfwit
03-01-2007, 09:23 AM
go to court an wer a sute

Slowboy
03-01-2007, 09:49 AM
yeah if you got a suit wear it. He either will think your a business man and got it fixed and let you go. Or thinkin your a cocky prick that thinks a suit will get you out of anything and give you a fine. lol

Sammich
03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
lol

PhAtBoYMr2
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Go to the court room and shoot everyone....

won't have to worry about it anymore

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
cool cool suit it is

Kyle
03-01-2007, 09:57 AM
I vote not suit, that's a little obvious. Over the top in my opinion.

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 09:58 AM
when they ask me what i'm pleading what should i say?

Halfwit
I vote not suit, that's a little obvious.
yeah tell him wear a dress

Kyle
Birthday suit?

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
yeah tell him wear a dress
dress? I'm on it.

Doppelgänger
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
If its Gwinnett Co. you're OK. They have a 20day grace period from your court date issued on your ticket. Meaning there wont be a bench warrant for you yet. Bet thing is to go up there and tell them you forgot about the date and that you want to take care of it in court and that you'll need a new court date, they'll give it to you. I have done it a couple times and been ok.

Also, get your tag taken care of, and when you go back in, physically take the tag off your car and take it along with your receipt of payment for the renewed tag in and show the judge. Plead guilty, it wont be any points since its not a moving violation (im pretty sure, but you can ask the court solicitor if it is a moving violation, but im about 98%sure its not)

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
If its Gwinnett Co. you're OK. They have a 20day grace period from your court date issued on your ticket. Meaning there wont be a bench warrant for you yet. Bet thing is to go up there and tell them you forgot about the date and that you want to take care of it in court and that you'll need a new court date, they'll give it to you. I have done it a couple times and been ok.

Also, get your tag taken care of, and when you go back in, physically take the tag off your car and take it along with your receipt of payment for the renewed tag in and show the judge. Plead guilty, it wont be any points since its not a moving violation (im pretty sure, but you can ask the court solicitor if it is a moving violation, but im about 98%sure its not)
why do I need a new court date again?
I can make it there on time and I have the new tag and the receipt. (i already asked if its a moving (points) violation, they said no)

BiH1320
03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah like everyone says. Wear a suit and look like a business man. But what the judge would think is that you have ALOT of money.. So he would increase your ticket because you look like some douchebag business man.

Sammich
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
dress? I'm on it.

dnt get on it get in it....IDIOT

:lmao:

Halfwit
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
talk on ur cell phoine i ncourt to show him ur a business man

BiH1320
03-01-2007, 10:22 AM
take ur dick and beat it against the desk and scream "dont take my license away please"

Doppelgänger
03-01-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm assuming that you are talking about just paying it? If so, i'd say dont. Ask to reset a court date, or you can also ask to be squeezed in on the next arraignment date (in that case you have to get there early so they can pull your ticket and get it to the court room). I recommend going in front of the judge. You have nothing to loose over a non-moving violation, you're much more likely to get a reduced fine. So get another date, go to the judge, show you had it taken care of and apologize... look the judge right in the eye and say "Your Honor, i was stupidly ignored getting my tag taken care of and now its cost me much more then it would have if i just did it when i was supposed to. I won't be letting this happen again. I'm sorry."

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm assuming that you are talking about just paying it? If so, i'd say dont. Ask to reset a court date, or you can also ask to be squeezed in on the next arraignment date (in that case you have to get there early so they can pull your ticket and get it to the court room). I recommend going in front of the judge. You have nothing to loose over a non-moving violation, you're much more likely to get a reduced fine. So get another date, go to the judge, show you had it taken care of and apologize... look the judge right in the eye and say "Your Honor, i was stupidly ignored getting my tag taken care of and now its cost me much more then it would have if i just did it when i was supposed to. I won't be letting this happen again. I'm sorry."
ok so I am officially an idiot
i just called in and my scheduled court date was at 8:30 this morning... BUT they said I could be a walk in at 1PM, BUT i lost my citation so I dont wanna walk in and look like an idiot heh Is it too late to reschedule? Can i reschedule over the phone?

LOL this shit keeps getting worse and worse.

BiH1320
03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
goodjob

Leadfoot_mf
03-01-2007, 10:33 AM
when they ask me what i'm pleading what should i say?

insanity tell them you are random guy on ia.... how can they argue with that.

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 10:34 AM
insanity tell them you are random guy on ia.... how can they argue with that.
lol so true i can get away with murder

Doppelgänger
03-01-2007, 10:49 AM
they will have a copy of your ticket there, you dont need yours. I think you can do it over the phone, but you might need to go in and sign a continuance to show you were there. Call and ask. Its been awhile since i have dealt with gwinnett courts... and i intend on keeping it that way.

RandomGuy
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
they will have a copy of your ticket there, you dont need yours. I think you can do it over the phone, but you might need to go in and sign a continuance to show you were there. Call and ask. Its been awhile since i have dealt with gwinnett courts... and i intend on keeping it that way.
haha w00t ok so they said i gotta get there b4 5 and sign a continuance... I'm headed that way right now

DROP TOP DRIFTER DESERVES THIS:
http://www.subway-sg.com/COOKIE.gif

dont spend it all at one place now. lol

Stormhammer
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
go to court!

show your teacher your ticket...it's better then a bench warrant...and they'll kick your arse for not appearing (some judges are more lenient then others)

your still goo hasan - they usually give you a one week period to show up in court before the issue a bench warrant :goodjob: trust me i know