PDA

View Full Version : proof that ANYBODY can get a job at a dealership...

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 02:18 PM
so i call up the dealership to make an appointment to get my car serviced. i'm talking to a chick at the service department and tell her i also need my passenger side cv joint checked out.

she replies with "is it the front or back passenger side cv joint?". (on a FWD car) :thinking:

today, my car's done being serviced, and as i'm leaving the guy at the service department compliments me on the engine mods and asks me if i can tell a difference in performance. i explained to him that i've installed the a/f comp., but haven't had it on a dyno to tune the ratio yet. the guy says "so how do you tune it? is there like a screw or something you have to turn?"
:lmfao:

i guess you don't have to know anything about cars to sell them.

2.0civic
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
which dealership is this lol? sounds like this one i went to and asked them what the difference in the special edition civic coupe and the EX were and he told me "the exhaust right there and the blue lug nuts" LOLOLOLOL

Ran
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
I know what you mean. When I went to buy my MSM, I knew more about the car than they did. :no:

Killer
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
to sell a car, u don't have to know how to tune after market parts.... think about that. u have to know a little bit about what ur selling.. not what it's potential is after the upgrades....

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
rick case in duluth.

Killer
02-28-2007, 02:23 PM
which dealership is this lol? sounds like this one i went to and asked them what the difference in the special edition civic coupe and the EX were and he told me "the exhaust right there and the blue lug nuts" LOLOLOLOL

so what is the difference... i'd never even heard of one til i saw one parked for sale the other day....

2.0civic
02-28-2007, 02:26 PM
so what is the difference... i'd never even heard of one til i saw one parked for sale the other day....

i honestly had no idea which is why i asked...the funny part is that it was an aftermarket exhaust but i think it may have a aero package on it...im not 100% sure

JennB
02-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I worked in two dealerships and they DO NOT test your car knowledge in any way. If you want to know about a car, research it yourself... it's rare to find someone who can really help you. Their job is to sell, not educate.

The sales guys used to come ask me about cars all the time when customers asked them questions they couldn't answer. I got many free lunches and even won money off of one of them once.

Brett
02-28-2007, 02:32 PM

and Im willing to bet that added 3 grand to the price :lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
02-28-2007, 02:39 PM
So stupid..

Stormhammer
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
there are some tuning ways that do involve a simple screw - like my Starion - one screw to turn up the boost, another screw turns up the fuel pressure, and a 3rd knob is a volumne control knob rigged to the ECU as a potentiometer ( aka fuel cut defencer )

but yeah - was the chick at least hot?

EJGuy
02-28-2007, 03:27 PM
I worked @ Bill Heard in Columbus for a few weeks. The guy that hired me sayd that I might know to much about cars to sell them. The biggest thing I learned there is not to buy there.

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
there are some tuning ways that do involve a simple screw - like my Starion - one screw to turn up the boost, another screw turns up the fuel pressure, and a 3rd knob is a volumne control knob rigged to the ECU as a potentiometer ( aka fuel cut defencer )

but yeah - was the chick at least hot?

don't know. i just talked to her on the phone.

05Tib
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
rick case in duluth.

o good god, dont go there man... they try and void warranties over simple mods. Not to mention last time i was there 4 sales people were arguing about how my car with Intake, stg4 IM, headers, exhaust and tune wouldnt out run the new Tiburon (same engine) because its suspension is diffrent and weighs like 100 lbs less soposely

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
i've got an sri, borla exhaust, coilovers, just to name a few... just normal stuff, and other tib owners have told me that those mods would void the warranty. i've only had a couple problems, and they've all been covered under the warranty.

Greddypacked
02-28-2007, 05:40 PM
o good god, dont go there man... they try and void warranties over simple mods. Not to mention last time i was there 4 sales people were arguing about how my car with Intake, stg4 IM, headers, exhaust and tune wouldnt out run the new Tiburon (same engine) because its suspension is diffrent and weighs like 100 lbs less soposely

Lol, CAI and the catback would get you the win alone compared to the extra 100lbs and suspension.

speedminded
02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
so i call up the dealership to make an appointment to get my car serviced. i'm talking to a chick at the service department and tell her i also need my passenger side cv joint checked out.

she replies with "is it the front or back passenger side cv joint?". (on a FWD car) :thinking:

today, my car's done being serviced, and as i'm leaving the guy at the service department compliments me on the engine mods and asks me if i can tell a difference in performance. i explained to him that i've installed the a/f comp., but haven't had it on a dyno to tune the ratio yet. the guy says "so how do you tune it? is there like a screw or something you have to turn?"
:lmfao:

i guess you don't have to know anything about cars to sell them.What's selling cars have to do with the service department? It's not like you have to be a mechanic to be a service manager either...anyone that can click a mouse and repeat what the car owner says can be one...

NewGen33
02-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree me and some friends went up to the new Toyota Stealership in Newnan and one of they guys was trying to tell me how the new supra was going to have a 900+ hp. I asked him what car he drove and he pointed to a riced out neon. I walked away shaking my head in disapproval. They lady at the front desk could get it though. :idb:

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 08:19 PM
What's selling cars have to do with the service department? It's not like you have to be a mechanic to be a service manager either...anyone that can click a mouse and repeat what the car owner says can be one...

big deal... you get the general idea...

no need to flex your e-muscles.

VooDooXII
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Car salesmen don't know about cars...they know about sales.

TheGrillMan
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
plus when a your a salemen it's not about selling the product it's about selling the sale

db_bogdan
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
u should of said "the middle CV joint!" HAHAHA

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 08:41 PM
u should of said "the middle CV joint!" HAHAHA

haha

+1

JDM onlyy
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
funny...whats funnier is this video...watch at the end of it..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Ry6Cf4EHI0

BuBBa DRiFT
02-28-2007, 08:58 PM
dude please tell me that vid is fake cause omfg that guy is so dumb!!!

nice thread jack by the way haha

05Tib
02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
hahaha that shit was hilarious "see there is the pulley for my turbo"

Lucky DAWG
02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
dude please tell me that vid is fake cause omfg that guy is so dumb!!!

nice thread jack by the way haha

nice chocobo.................. :rolleyes:

koukis14
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
And I would have expected a prestigious car company like Hyundai to have some of the best trained professionals in the world working in thier dealerships.

/\sarcasm

JDM onlyy
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
hahaha that shit was hilarious "see there is the pulley for my turbo"

LOL, "this is the pipe down to my spooling drizzle for the turbo" "it's got a vtec head on it" "my headers weren't headering right" LMFAO HAHAHAHA

BuBBa DRiFT
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
nice chocobo.................. :rolleyes:

you know you love it.

db_bogdan
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
funny...whats funnier is this video...watch at the end of it..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Ry6Cf4EHI0

LOL... TAKE HIS CAR AND SEND HIM TO AFRICA!!! LOL... what a jackass!! :)) "engine from an SI converted into a type R" UAU!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

BKgen®
02-28-2007, 10:11 PM
And I would have expected a prestigious car company like Hyundai to have some of the best trained professionals in the world working in thier dealerships.

/\sarcasm

thanks for the play-by-play, captain obvious.