PDA

View Full Version : key auto sales

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
just for the record, this place sucks. went there, cash in hand today to buy my spec V. found it. rode in it. loved everything about it. went inside to do all the paperwork. (now im a little short on their asking price).

car salesmen: 'with what you have today you can do what we call a 'drive off'. you take the car right now with no warranty... and im gonna warn you, the car smokes'

me: 'excuse me?'

car salesmen: 'it smokes. as in smoke comes out of the exaust when you drive it. we think it's a problem with the piston rings'

needless to say i left without the car. i just think thats a shitty thing to do, wait until im right about to buy the car to tell me. anyway. still looking for a car.

Bishop
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
well atleast he told you i guess

wantboost
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
atleast they told you before they sold it to you. just be happy you dont own it right now lol.

edit: did not see post above.

Hulud
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
im gonna make a repost here

atleast they told you

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
i wish they hadn't. because it was under 90 warranty and they would have been required to fix it.

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:29 PM
and redardless, what kind of place is going to sell a car with engine problems.

silversol
I bought a 5.0 from them it was a great car!

koukis14
The spec v motors are known to suck peices of the cat into the motor pretty much sand blasting the top end and cylinders. I would be driving one now if I did not put 5 new motors in those cars in 4 months when I worked for Nissan. Good choice walking out on that deal.

Hulud
i wish they hadn't. because it was under 90 warranty and they would have been required to fix it.
thats only AFTER you would have discovered the problem, as well as you having to show proof they new about it, or should have known about it

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
The spec v motors are known to suck peices of the cat into the motor pretty much sand blasting the top end and cylinders. I would be driving one now if I did not put 5 new motors in those cars in 4 months when I worked for Nissan. Good choice walking out on that deal.

yeah. now i think im leaning towards ultm8mind's prelude.

i though the intake ingested the butterfly bolts through the intake.

and i think i read that was on 04 models and up. but maybe those were just the ones that got recalled. i dont know.

koukis14
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Don't get me wrong those things are fucking fast but the motors...atleast the cats are junk. I would get a newer v6 Accord or maybe even a Camaro or Firebird. You could always hop on the 240 band wagon and with a little money have a car faster then any Honda owner could dream of.

Bishop
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
i bought my car for ar motorsports (i think that was the name) The owner or w/e he was is a cuntface. We agreed on a price. I came back to buy it (he wasnt there) and they were trying to charge me their asking price. So i call the owner up and he was liek "no, i would never sell it for that price. I would be losing money." blah blah blah he told me to take it or leave it. Gave my dad the phone and talked to him for 1 minute and the owner sold it to me for the price we originally agreed on. I guess he thought i came up by myself o he thought he could screw me over. Fucking prick trying to take advantage of people.

DIAF AR MOTORSPORTS

koukis14
02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah. now i think im leaning towards ultm8mind's prelude.

i though the intake ingested the butterfly bolts through the intake.

and i think i read that was on 04 models and up. but maybe those were just the ones that got recalled. i dont know.

The recall was the foam insulation on the inside of the ecm case, the Cam and Crankshaft positioning sensors, and to cut a small notch out of the heat shield to let "heat escape" that did nothing.

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
im willing to bet that key autos will be giving me a call sometime soon telling me the problem was fixed by their mechanics or etc.

Leadfoot_mf
02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
i think it is a good thing that they told you.

Sack Attack
02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
i seen a 03 spec v for 4000 the other day needing a motor, i will try and find out where i seen it at for ya

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:58 PM
i seen a 03 spec v for 4000 the other day needing a motor, i will try and find out where i seen it at for ya

if i can find a motor and someone to install it for 4000 then im set

ksinao
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
i think it is a good thing that they told you.

me too. but i wish he would have told me before i spent an hour in there doing shit. he could have been upfront from the begining.

Echonova
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
If you have cash in hand why are you at a dealership?

ksinao
02-28-2007, 02:58 AM
because i didnt want to go through a private seller.