PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods fender rolling? rental?

RBS
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
does anyone know where to rent a fender rolling tool? or where to get your fenders rolled locally? :thinking: .. i need this done bad, and i tried the baseball bat already lol

Init2winit
02-27-2007, 08:59 PM
does anyone know where to rent a fender rolling tool? or where to get your fenders rolled locally? :thinking: .. i need this done bad, and i tried the baseball bat already lolThe baseball bat doesn't work. If you use a hammer and lightly tap the lip up going from one side to the other evenly, it will turn out fine. Just remember to take your time when doing it.

sprix!
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Go to Godfather Custom's and ask for Joe or Jeff. I always get my fenders rolled there. They rolled the fenders on both of my S2000's and also did a beautiful job on my friend's Avalon.

uproot
03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Go to Godfather Custom's and ask for Joe or Jeff. I always get my fenders rolled there. They rolled the fenders on both of my S2000's and also did a beautiful job on my friend's Avalon.

how much do they charge?

Verik
03-06-2007, 11:19 PM
+1 how much did they charge. if THP doesn't get a fender roller in this week then I am asking for my money back and going to a place that will get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

ps whoever said the bat doesn't work never saw this s14. it can be done... it just takes a lot of skill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/MrBojangles21/324127151_l-1.jpg

GTScoob
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
You say the baseball bat didnt work, did you try using a heat gun at the same time? You cant just roll the baseball bat along the inner fender and expect the body panel to bend, you need to apply some heat to soften it up and keep the paint from cracking. :goodjob:

RBS
03-07-2007, 09:19 PM
does anyone know how much shops charge? because im too lazy to try it myself again with a bat lol

sprix!
03-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey- sorry about the wait. I haven't been here for a couple of months...
Anywho- they charge about $60 to do the rear. They do a great job- very considerate of paint and all. Very reasonable.