PDA

View Full Version : overheating problem HELP!!!!

kain86
02-27-2007, 08:00 PM
OK.... guys i have a big problem..... my motor keeps overheating like nothing..:(
i've already changed the waterpump, thermostat, all coollant lines, new radiator, my fan has a manual switch, wetter water, and 50/50 coolant....and there is no coolant in my oil and vice versa.....please help...by the way it's a jdm d15b non-vtec

Whitebandit
02-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Have you tried warming it up and check to see if it has a air pocket? Do this by seeing if there is water running out of the radiator check valve.

kain86
02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
radiator check valve......do you mean the bleeder valve?

EmminoDaGreat
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
headgasket?..... or air pocket.... and the bleeder is on your waterneck btw

Krazykouki
02-27-2007, 09:06 PM
you need to bleed the system. You more than likely have an air pocket.

kain86
02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
ok just went out and bought a sunpro temp. gauge so that i can how hot it is running.... cause when i dropped the new sensor into the radiator it was only readign about 120 and my gauge was at 1/4 the way up... where it used to run at when it was warm....let me also say i just swapped this motor last week..... this is the last bug i need to work out.... also it's using the jdm sensor...would that change anything....like Celcius and farenhiet

StraightSix
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Using the JDM sensor shouldn't change anything. The temp sensor is sending a resistance signal back to the gague.

Overheating after replacing all the parts you mentioned earlier in the thread points to one of two possibilities. The easiest, and best situation is that there is an air pocket in the water jacket somewhere.

The other possibility is a blown head gasket. Just because oil and coolant aren't mixing doesn't mean the h/g isn't blown. I've had a couple of cars that blew h/gs between cylinders of between a cylinder and a coolant passage. Basically what happens is that exhaust gases leak into the water jacket heating up the coolant and building excess pressure in the cooling system.

Have you run a compression test on the engine? A compression test can tell you if the h/g has blown. Either one cyl will test low, or two cyls that are next to each other will test low.

shavedcivic
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
check your spark plugs. if there is oil on anyone them, then yes you have a blown head gasket.

kain86
02-28-2007, 10:35 PM
how do you do a compression test....and whats a good comp for the cylinders.
also it's staying cool, but it's leaking out of the new temp sensor that i installed....... it may be a blown headgasket then...cause it's leaking and letting pressure out....DAMNIT!:cry:

SoLJames95
02-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Take plugs out, disable spark/fuel. (unplug dizzy, and injectors), install compression tester into spark plug orifice. hold throttle open and turn over about four times. numbers vary motor to motor, but should be around 175 +-15psi. There is also a wet compression test, where you put a little oil in the cylinder also.

drmcivicsi
02-28-2007, 11:12 PM
ok just went out and bought a sunpro temp. gauge so that i can how hot it is running.... cause when i dropped the new sensor into the radiator it was only readign about 120 and my gauge was at 1/4 the way up... where it used to run at when it was warm....let me also say i just swapped this motor last week..... this is the last bug i need to work out.... also it's using the jdm sensor...would that change anything....like Celcius and farenhiet

u need to the usdm one, when u do sr20det swaps u need to put in the ka sensor and if u dont it will read like u are over heating but its really not put in the other sending unit it and it should be just fine

kain86
03-01-2007, 02:49 AM
thanx for the info.... i was so confused because my stock gauge said overheating and my sunpro said it was running at about 180ish... cool i'll pull the my d15b7 sending unit out and replace it thanx thanx thanx!!!!!