PDA

View Full Version : so i went to a concert last night... (rant)

4dmin
02-27-2007, 09:55 AM
so i went to a concert last night... i went to go see CRADLE OF FILTH (www.cradleoffilth (http://www.cradleoffilth)) they are probably one of the most well known and oldest black metal bands touring the states. i have been listening to these guys all the way back to 96-97...

i take kate w/ me last night (she thinks the lead singer is hot but doesn't really care for the music)... so we are walking up to the line and kate is dressed pretty normal and i'm sporting just a random band tshirt and some camo shorts. well we have to walk past the line of 150+ people in line... :eek:

what do i see... every other person is wearing COF shirts...? i'm like WTF anyone ever heard the pharse "DON'T BE THAT GUY" meaning don't wear the bands shirt to the bands show? WTF god dayum teeny boppers. as we keep walking the line gets scarier and scarier every other person is wear face makeup like they understand why Black Metal bands wear face paint... but none of these kids know why so they all look like the Ultimate Warrior from WWF back in the 80's

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/64/170px-Road_Warriors.jpg

while i'm walking further down the line i'm thinking in the back of my head every couple of fat goth girls has a hot friend... well that Myth just got busted...! there was a total of 5 hot chicks the entire night. 1st) my wife 2nd) the beer girl (hot blonde college student) 3rd-5th) 3 hot chicks i saw waiting to piss.

so we get to the balcony (at the roxy) sit in the 1st row... 3 guys sit behind me and they are like we drove 5 hours to see these guys and i'm like "WHY? they aren't that good, i mean they were great back in 97 with their first couple cd' but this shit is kinda played out and radio friendly for my taste and will never compare to the legacy of EMPEROR (greatest black metal band of all time)" this mom and the few tenny boppers behind her all glare at me like WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT? lol bitches

1st band: 3 INCHES OF BLOOD great band 80's speed metal w/ 2 vocalist, very good drummer

2nd band: 69 EYES holy crap! they sucked so much i wanted to drown myself in the urinal troft in the mens room... imagine Joey Ramone on vocals, Tommy Lee on drums, and the rest of the village people trying to preform TYPE O NEGATIVE style goth rock.... LAME!

3rd band: CRADLE OF FILTH... open up BAM! the terror begins they are fucking great live 1st couple tracks are new shit OK tracks but then they kick it old school rock out to the classics... unfortunately they didn't do a encore b/c lead singer had a fever and wasn't feeling well... i didn't think that was very metal. Lemmy would never pu$$ out like that; luckily we only cut new tracks.

(//_o) <-- goth/emo kid

^ 95% of the population there... and wtf is up w/ all of the FAT CHUD daughters + moms there... this fat mom stood next to my chair then entire COF set and she smelled like she had been wrestling some burly man and here fat chud of a daughter looked like she was going into seizeres watching the band play. then to make it worse another fat chick behind us kept screaming just so she could be heard... man oh man.

so to sum it up... the music scene is lame this is why i don't like going to larger SOLD OUT played out bands shows. they need hotter goth girls like when i was back in HS.

{end of rant}

Sammich
02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
was pink there?:thinking:

Ran
02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
unfortunately they didn't do a encore b/c lead singer had a fever and wasn't feeling well... i didn't think that was very metal.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

DaX
02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
3 inches of blood is good. I think they played with Strapping Young Lad one time at the Masq.

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:01 AM
3 inches of blood is good. I think they played with Strapping Young Lad one time at the Masq.

they said it was their 1st time in atlanta.

Evil Goat
02-27-2007, 10:03 AM
thats what you get for going to see shitty music

btw....which one of you assholes killed the music midtown festival? there never really were anyone good there i liked, but it made for a fun weekend

The Yousef
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
i feel that your disgruntled somewhat paulina....

DaX
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
they said it was their 1st time in atlanta.

Hmmm, maybe they were just really drunk the first time and don't remember it. :D

Anyone going to the Chimaira / Killswitch Engage show next week? I'm still debating...

EP3sAreFun
02-27-2007, 10:10 AM
HAHAHAAH.

"Wait, your wearing the shirt of the band your about to go see?"
"yeah, so?"
"Gutter, dont be that guy"

haha. PCU

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:11 AM
i feel that your disgruntled somewhat paulina....

yes. we need to start a non-profit organization to create HOT GOTH girls :goodjob: and give lessons on WHAT IS METAL? b/c not finishing your set b/c your tummy hurts \/

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:12 AM
HAHAHAAH.

"Wait, your wearing the shirt of the band your about to go see?"
"yeah, so?"
"Gutter, dont be that guy"

haha. PCU

+25

The Yousef
02-27-2007, 10:19 AM
yes. we need to start a non-profit organization to create HOT GOTH girls :goodjob: \/

works for me...i can be the model coordinator....

Wal-Mart
02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
when Tool finally gets around to getting here, it will ow3n all.

I saw System of a Down right after their first cd release at the Tabernacle and that was one violent ass show..with none of that pussy crowd like it is now a day. I stopped going to most the shows because of them.... though NIN did rock fucking hell when they were here. A Perfect Circle makes for a killer show too.

Hiro
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Weel, I was going to start a thread, but since you did it, HOLY CRAP I WAS PISSED ABOUT THE LACK OF ENCORE!!! I was in the front row over to the side by the stage, and I was like, "No, it's not over, it's a ploy, just keep chanting, Dani will be ok." Then the fucking bouncer dude starts shoving everybody out saying it's over and I was like "Get the fuck off me, man!" So he shoved me out and I was really pissed. I seriously didn't like 3 inches of Blood. 1) Crappy name. Sounds like a band Jhonen Vasquez would mock.
2) The 69 Eyes I actually liked, though I don't really know why. They came out with the whole Euro-punk look and that was a turn-off, but I kind of like the Type-O-Neg sound.

Leadfoot_mf
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM

I saw System of a Down right after their first cd release at the Tabernacle and that was one violent ass show..with none of that pussy crowd like it is now a day. I stopped going to most the shows because of them.... though NIN did rock fucking hell when they were here. A Perfect Circle makes for a killer show too.

no all the faggot douchebags that go to the show will ruin it.

DaX
02-27-2007, 10:38 AM

SnoCore 2000? SOAD/Puya/Mr. Bungle/Incubus? That show owns my soul.

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM

lol i can tell by your musical taste you have no clue. TOOL? really they aren't that good and that are so played out it is ridiculous... bands like ISIS, JESU, RED SPAROWS, NEUROSIS OWN TOOL!!! specially NEUROSIS they have been around way fucking longer. :yes:

speaking of that ISIS and JESU are here next month... RED SPARROWS is coming too?...

Wal-Mart
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
SnoCore 2000? SOAD/Puya/Mr. Bungle/Incubus? That show owns my soul.

yes sir!! SnoCore rocked... i have yet to meet anyone who was there. I got a couple set lists fro mthe bands... but what system of a down did at the end with throwing everything off stage about turned that place into a riot!!!

EP3sAreFun
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a band Jhonen Vasquez would mock.

wow thats a name i havent heard in a long time

DaX
02-27-2007, 10:46 AM
yes sir!! SnoCore rocked... i have yet to meet anyone who was there. I got a couple set lists fro mthe bands... but what system of a down did at the end with throwing everything off stage about turned that place into a riot!!!

<-- Big Mike Patton fan. It was a great concert. Enough thread jacking for me...

Hiro
02-27-2007, 10:48 AM
wow thats a name i havent heard in a long time
Jhonen Vasquez is God.

Hulud
02-27-2007, 10:50 AM
what do i see... every other person is wearing COF shirts...? i'm like WTF anyone ever heard the pharse "DON'T BE THAT GUY" meaning don't wear the bands shirt to the bands show? WTF god dayum teeny boppers.
gotta love those kids LOL

i love it when the band actually calls the kids out on it hahaha

as we keep walking the line gets scarier and scarier every other person is wear face makeup like they understand why Black Metal bands wear face paint... but none of these kids know why so they all look like the Ultimate Warrior from WWF back in the 80's

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/64/170px-Road_Warriors.jpg
thats not the ultimate warrior
this is \/\/\/
http://people.heidelberg.edu/~mmichael/ultimatewarrior.jpg

CHADbee
02-27-2007, 10:50 AM
all the hot metal chics have turned into hot emo chics

when we were in highschool paul the hot chics were metal

the hot chics that are in high school now are emo

times have changed so have what the hot chics choose to be.

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
gotta love those kids LOL

i love it when the band actually calls the kids out on it hahaha

thats not the ultimate warrior
this is \/\/\/
http://people.heidelberg.edu/~mmichael/ultimatewarrior.jpg

yes i know i meant ROAD WARRIORS ultimate warrior has gay makeup!

Hulud
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
yes i know i meant ROAD WARRIORS ultimate warrior has gay makeup!
road warriors were the shit!

with their huge spikes! haha i loved me some wrasslin as a kid

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
all the hot metal chics have turned into hot emo chics

when we were in highschool paul the hot chics were metal

the hot chics that are in high school now are emo

times have changed so have what the hot chics choose to be.

no doubt... man i remember going to see TYPE O NEG, Cannibal Corpse, Incantation, Morbid Angel, etc... dayum fine ass goth/metal chicks all dressed up vinyl/leather :yes: it was a flesh fest!!!! now... nothing but fat chicks :cry:

CHADbee
02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
LOL @ hulud saying "wrasslin"

:lmao:

Wal-Mart
02-27-2007, 10:55 AM
lol i can tell by your musical taste you have no clue. TOOL? really they aren't that good and that are so played out it is ridiculous... bands like ISIS, JESU, RED SPAROWS, NEUROSIS OWN TOOL!!! specially NEUROSIS they have been around way fucking longer. :yes:

speaking of that ISIS and JESU are here next month... RED SPARROWS is coming too?...Sorry Paul, no mean to offend ya. I listened to more punk/grunge stuff then anything years ago. I never really got into any metal/rock. Seeen both APC and TOOL before and really enjoyed their shows.... i dont know how it will be now with the new wave of emo/goth fags though. Fans 5+ years ago were much different then the emo shits now :(

Its all relative though, you like your thing, i like mine. Actually at the moment, im listening to old Unwritten Law (black album).... good shit, their newer stuf sucks though... just like Weezer.

CHADbee
02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
no doubt... man i remember going to see TYPE O NEG, Cannibal Corpse, Incantation, Morbid Angel, etc... dayum fine ass goth/metal chicks all dressed up vinyl/leather :yes: it was a flesh fest!!!! now... nothing but fat chicks :cry:
oh fuck ya i was at thoose and good god, some of the females there just could walk by me and make my dick hard

4dmin
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
road warriors were the shit!

with their huge spikes! haha i loved me some wrasslin as a kid

me and IANHAVOK on the boards went to high school together... we used to rock out during band practice and call it WRESTLE ROCK we always wanted to write songs about wrestling b/c we are long time fans back from the 80's... we used to watch mon night WCW and WWF every week like clockwork... as soon as they started w/ the NWO shit it went way down hill :no:

we used to go watch ECW we got to see them one of the last times they were here back in the day at the tabernacle... we watched NEW JACK put one of those mafia guys through a table and he jumped from the 2nd story balcony at the tabernacle... that is bascially 50ft up in the air... took them 10-15mins to get it and it wasn't from fake stunts :lmfao:

Hulud
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
damn haha

4dmin
02-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry Paul, no mean to offend ya. I listened to more punk/grunge stuff then anything years ago. I never really got into any metal/rock. Semm both APC and TOOL before and really enjoyed their shows.... i dont know how it will be now with the new wave of emo/goth fags though. Fans 5+ years ago were much different then the emo shits now :(

Its all relative though, you like your thing, i like mine. Actually at the moment, im listening to old Unwritten Law (black album).... good shit, their newer stuf sucks though... just like Weezer.

i listened to Unwritten Law, Pennywise, Screeching Weasel, NOFX, back in middle school early HS... i have pretty expanded library of music from grunge, punk, hardcore, metal, etc... but i grew up in the atlanta hardcore scene so my roots would be more punk and old school hardcore. but either way... take notes of the bands i listed ISIS even toured w/ TOOL if i'm not mistaken and they are by far a better band.... and NEUROSIS is the fucking bomb digity... probably one of the greatest ambient rock/metal bands alive. If you can possibly catch them live they will leave you speachless; last time i saw them they start out w/ a 15 mins drum intro w/ 3 drummers, a moog, and keyboards :goodjob: they are also known by the name TRIBES OF NEUROT where they record atmospheric music for their NEUROSIS albums... i have many of their companion disc setups and it is amazing.

CHADbee
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
i listened to Unwritten Law, Pennywise, Scretching Weasel, NOFX, back in middle school early HS...
no rancid in there? thats how i was in early HS also till i found hardcore

Wal-Mart
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
hahha Rancid, i heard them on the radio the other day and kinda chuckled.... been sometime since i have listened to them.

4dmin
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
no rancid in there? thats how i was in early HS also till i found hardcore

i was really never a big fan... they were ok. for some reason i could really never get into Black Flag, Misfits, either...

CHADbee
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
i was really never a big fan... they were ok. for some reason i could really never get into Black Flag, Misfits, either...
misfits and black flag were aight, i mean dont get me wrong they did alot for the punk sceene but i guess they were just alil before my time, i had alot of friends that were a lil older than me that worshiped them but i was never a huge fan. i like their music and its good stuff but i'm not as crazy about them as everybody else. i love rancid though!!! man rancid is the shit. early HS i was big into rancid, NOFX and pennywise.

Wal-Mart
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
The Vandals!! and Descendants too....

4dmin
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
The Vandals!! and Descendants too....

Vandals were great anything on NITRO RECORDS back in the day was the shit... GUTTERMOUTH, AFI, VANDALS, etc...

sirkus
02-27-2007, 12:27 PM
haha go to a Matchbook Romance concert... or a Panic at the Disco.. If you don't wear girls pants, you'll stand out like a sore thumb. I was probably one of the older people there... tons of little ass fags running around. All I could think when we walked up to get into line was "Jesus christ these kids are gay!".. Tons of fat chicks too, wearing ultra tight clothes...
I left in the middle of Matchbook's set because I didn't want to be covered up by them walking out. I stopped going to see those bands in concert because of that. But the Decemberists are coming up April 6th :D More mature crowd.. I hope.