PDA

View Full Version : Misc Desktop/ Laptop Decision

Nemesis
02-27-2007, 07:57 AM
So Im faced with a small decision. I dont like having so many computers. Im wanting to consolidate into one machine for everything. Ive got a buyer for my current laptop and my desktop already.

My question is. Ive got around 1000 to work with on a replacement system. My old desktop was an AMD64 3500+ 2GB RAM+ Nvidia GEForce 7600GTOC etc etc etc. Good system, but the more graphical work Im doing and bulk raw processing it slows down to a drag.

Around this price range, and I honestly dont want to go over that. I need to invest in either a fast laptop or desktop.

Ideas? I dont want to order online. Id like to stick with what is in the stores right now. Building a PC was an option, but Id rather not.

candy2082002
02-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Well dont get a laptop if you want a fast system and you dont want to spend alot. A desktop would be the best, its easier to fix or upgrade. I bought my laptop from Circuit City, I got alot of good rebates and got like half my money back. I have Chris's old desktop which is a great computer just not good enough for him. He gave it to me cause its easier to play games on a Desktop sp thats another advantage of having a desktop. I think building a desktop is a better idea though cause you can get exactly what you want. I would give you some links of computers in stores, but I am at work so I cant get on alot of sites. Anyways long story short go with a desktop and build it. hope I didnt say all that for no reason its just my opinion :)

Kyle
02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
I say desktop.

I am perfectly happy with just a laptop, but then again I take my computer everywhere, and I don't enjoy sitting at desks all day. For me a laptop was the logical decision.

For you I imagine you use it a lot for long periods of time editting photos, etc. I doubt you would want to type on a laptop all day. Plus with desktops you get more speed and memory for your money.

CHADbee
02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
fine dont reply to my PM biotch....imma puke on u thursday, u'll be at the V

:lmao:

imbosile
02-27-2007, 01:28 PM
for what you need i'd say desktop, but i've got a laptop and a desktop and I find myself using the laptop most of the time

the laptop has no problem running photoshop cs2 and whatever else i throw at it, for a laptop i'd recommend hp

SPOOLIN
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
iMAC intel core 2 duo

David88vert
02-27-2007, 08:05 PM
For serious graphics work you want a desktop.

Nemesis
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
How is the Athlon X2 5000+ ? The one Im thinking about getting has that processor.

Lucky DAWG
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
get a mac book

Nemesis
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry I dont want a Macintosh.

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 08:30 PM
it all depends what your gonna use it for...if you are on the go a lot..get a laptop...if u can stay and sitdown and use it..get a desktop