PDA

View Full Version : Comptech is closing their doors.

Deaf Pimp
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I know someone posted in Forced Induction forums, but I figured I would post here as well. Comptech is officially closing their doors. Don't expect to get any last minute cheap superchargers as most people have been waiting for their orders since November and have not gotten them. They will liquidate whatever current assets they have in stock and pay off creditors.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84083

TheChosenOne
02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow!!!:???: That means my header is gunna be like a collectors item, right :thinking:????

That sux. DC is gunna have a monopoly on the honda header aftermarket.

BTLFED
02-26-2007, 06:51 PM
That sux. DC is gunna have a monopoly on the honda header aftermarket.

You can't be serious! :lmfao:

There are other Honda header manufacturers, and they are better than both DC and Comptech, depending on the application.

Deaf Pimp
02-26-2007, 06:54 PM
You can't be serious! :lmfao:

There are other Honda header manufacturers, and they are better than both DC and Comptech, depending on the application.

BTLFED is correct! Unfortunately, Comptech was one of the only manufactures of superchargers that is emissions legal in California. Most other companies have not done this.

TheChosenOne
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I know that silly goose...:crazy:

Its just that besides those two, there aren't any decent products for a decent price. I mean, if you want to pay $600 or more for a japanese piece of work, then b my guest.

What kinda of header do u have, my good sir???

BTLFED
02-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I know that silly goose...:crazy:

Its just that besides those two, there aren't any decent products for a decent price. I mean, if you want to pay $600 or more for a japanese piece of work, then b my guest.

What kinda of header do u have, my good sir???

Japanese? Umm....the headers I'm talking about aren't made in Japan.

What kind of header do I have? A $1500 one, including the turbo hanging off of it.

ATLTSX
02-26-2007, 07:02 PM
That is crazy. I am glad I got the comptech exhaust a month ago. Hope I don't have any problems with it..

TheChosenOne
02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
ahhh... boosted are we...:screwy:.

Like I was saying... for us N/A fellers... a decent product for a decent price is hard to come by unless it says DC on it, now that CompTech is shutting down.

Thats all I wanted to say before BTLFED started havin a pissin contest with himself...lol... Jk bro. I wish I was boosted.:lmfao:

efman
02-26-2007, 07:07 PM
jdm itr header for a decent price, obx is alright

BTLFED
02-26-2007, 07:07 PM

Like I was saying... for us N/A fellers... a decent product for a decent price is hard to come by unless it says DC on it, now that CompTech is shutting down.

Thats all I wanted to say before BTLFED started havin a pissin contest with himself...lol... Jk bro. I wish I was boosted.:lmfao:

Ya gotta pay to play.

And I am boosted and bottlefed (hence my screen name), thank you very much.

TheChosenOne
02-26-2007, 07:10 PM
GOT DAMN!!! (addicted to horsepower, are we)

If you don't mind me asking, what kinda numbers are you putttin down my friend??? And oh, did you do that tag on your avatar cause it is SICK :goodjob:.

BTLFED
02-26-2007, 07:12 PM
GOT DAMN!!! (addicted to horsepower, are we)

If you don't mind me asking, what kinda numbers are you putttin down my friend??? And oh, did you do that tag on your avatar cause it is SICK :goodjob:.

Car is in storage right now so it makes no numbers. And I didn't do the tag in my avatar, but I have done tags like that in the past where I am from.

TheChosenOne
02-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Where you from?

BTLFED
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Where you from?

Long Beach, CA.

TheChosenOne
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
LBC. dars wasup. My friends ffrom there. What is it they say there... Cuz, or loke?

Crazy Asian
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Vibrant...and JDM ones. Heck some ppl make custom header for civics for cheap and make more power then the freakin dc

Brett
02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Yall need to join the "Boostless Side" like me :D

BTLFED
02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
LBC. dars wasup. My friends ffrom there. What is it they say there... Cuz, or loke?

Depends on who you are talking to.

BTLFED
02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Yall need to join the "Boostless Side" like me :D

Not all of us want to be old and slow, Brett.

Xrated O.G.
02-27-2007, 09:51 PM
And I am boosted and bottlefed (hence my screen name), thank you very much.

For all of these years now you have tried to state that you have some type of boosted and bottlefed automobile of sorts, yet eveytime you have had official callouts you never could or would run. Hhhhhmmmmmmmm... I call bullshit...:cheers: :taun: :2cents:

nipponLIFE
02-28-2007, 12:03 AM
that friggin sux....are we sure they are closing..their website doesnt say anything about it..... :( ??

Vteckidd
02-28-2007, 12:32 AM

NA and COMPTECH/DC SPORTS and the words DECENT product dont belong in the same sentence ever.

RMF/SMSP > Craptech/DC sports

I did a test of the RMF vs Comptech and the RMF won by 10PEAK whp and almost 20whp in the midrange.

SMSP makes 10whp over JDM DC sports

what you should have said is:
"wow, thats sucks that one of the nations top machine shops is closing its doors. "

that i would have agreed with. Comptech was MUCH more than parts.

BTLFED
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
For all of these years now you have tried to state that you have some type of boosted and bottlefed automobile of sorts, yet eveytime you have had official callouts you never could or would run. Hhhhhmmmmmmmm... I call bullshit...:cheers: :taun: :2cents:

Fuck you Pat! You have seen it for years you hooker! :slap: :lmfao:

speedminded
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM

Thats all I wanted to say before BTLFED started havin a pissin contest with himself...lol... Jk bro. I wish I was boosted.:lmfao:LOLOL, show me a dyno sheet with a decent gain using a DC header...hell, show me one that doesn't have a loss :tongue: