PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods need a lil advice.

ranj
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
hey i don't know much about turbo's, but i figure its really the only way i can get some power out of my D series engine right now. i'm not thinking of getting anything expensive because i'm planning on taking the current engine out not to long from now.
i found this kit on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic-Crx-Del-Sol-Turbo-Intercooler-Kit-Manifold-BOV_W0QQitemZ290087911873QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33742Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
how good do you guys think this is. i understand its an ebay kit so i'm asking if i got this, what would i have to look out for/ change so it holds up for a while.

Retro
02-25-2007, 09:45 PM
well the kit dosnt come with a turbo so obviously youll need a turbo and a downpipe and a dumptube for the wastegate.....your probably going to run into some fitment issues so be prepared to modify if needed....the bov will most likely have to be welded to the piping. youll need some sort of engine management, even if its only a missing link and a fmu, youll need something. also as you go along youll find a lot of little shit you will need such as oil lines and what not.

CHADbee
02-25-2007, 09:57 PM
you can find much better kits around

ranj
02-25-2007, 11:02 PM
oh wow, shoot i missed alota crap on there lol, thnx for pointing it out, but how would an ebay kit be in general, for a short while that is.

i appreciate the replies.

Retro
02-25-2007, 11:29 PM
im not really a fan of ebay period so i wouldnt get anything from them in the first place but if your just going to use it for a little while i will probably work ok. my personal opinion would be, go ahead and spend the money and buy a good turbo kit for your d series and then when you upgrade to b series or whatever just get a b series turbo manifold and be done with it, then you have a turbo b series and that way youll save a lot of money in the long run.

Big J
02-26-2007, 05:54 AM
check the link in Chad's sig...................

CHADbee
02-26-2007, 02:35 PM
check the link in Chad's sig...................
:stupid:

ranj
02-26-2007, 10:08 PM
cool cool thnx guys