PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods LS VTEC Turbo or LS Turbo what should I do to build it and what kind of tubo?

#1Beaver
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
LS VTEC Turbocharged or LS Turbocharged what should I do to build it,what does building mean what comes with that job? What is porting and polish?
What would be better to turbo and build an LS or LS Vtec set-up?
What kind of turbo should I get?
I want 200+HP before the turbo goes on and after the turbo if i can get 400 or more?
I have someone selling a LS block and a GSR head for $200 each what should I get first, Can I find any other deals like this?
Thanxs For The Help!!!! :confused:

spoolinb18
06-21-2005, 04:10 PM
IMO, i wouldn't just buy the block and heat and go from there, its not that simple. i own a b18b1 turbo so speaking from expierence, if you dont have the money to do it all at the time of the install, i wouldn't do it until you have everything and can afford a good build so that it would run like it came from the factory boosted. how many lbs are you planning to run? if 400+ hp is your goal, is this going to be your daily driver? i would check teamintegra.net and do some research there, they have a lot of articles on this.

LS VTEC Turbocharged or LS Turbocharged what should I do to build it,what does building mean what comes with that job? What is porting and polish?
I want 200+HP before the turbo goes on and after the turbo if i can get 400 or more?
I have someone selling a LS block and a GSR head for $200 each what should I get first, Can I find any other deals like this?
Thanxs For The Help!!!! :confused:

ash7
06-21-2005, 04:38 PM
LS VTEC Turbocharged or LS Turbocharged what should I do to build it,what does building mean what comes with that job?
replacing internal parts, strengthening weak areas such as bearings, and balancing moving parts

What is porting and polish?
refers to manifolds... porting (enlarging) polishing (polishing)

depends on how many miles per gallon you're looking to get... to each his own

depends on what guidlines of performance you are looking at. a standard t3 size would be hard at work around 2500 rpms, whereas a larger t4 would just be getting started. It all depends on the size of the exhaust and intake turbine blades. Garrett makes outstanding turbochargers.

i have a friend with a 675hp civic...(terry @ Boostfed Racing) you can get any kind of performance you want if your pocketbook is big enough

YES

now go save your pennies

single_cam_ham
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
isn't this a all motor section?