PDA

View Full Version : Another lost 85 N 12:05 am

dtmcnamara
02-25-2007, 12:51 AM
So many emotions I cannot even being to speak say, think of or imagine. Driving home from lenox tonight when I hit grid lock traffic right before north druid hills road. didnt think twice about it until i saw the white cloth. my heart dropped, but where was the car?

300 feet down the road lied his bike; looked like a smaller harley. A tear started. seeing the tragic end of some fellow biker, more than likely, just cruising home.

the thing i do not get is why are the bodies just left with a blanket over them. to me this is almost un-constitutional and even more very disgraceful to the once living and their family.

I am almost mad thinking about this ludacris way of doing things. to me the family should be the ones to see the body not everyone on the damn road. Ya i know that this cannot be done to the extent that no one will be able to see the body, but I think that if there is a death in an accident a curtain of some sort should be placed around the accident. This would stop rubber-necking (people turning their necks to see what happened) and would be more respectful than leaving a body with a think towel over them and a bunch of cops watching.

I would almost be pissed if someone, other than a police officer, called me and said someone was dead in my family because they saw their car/bike and a body lying near it.

My condolence goes to the family and everyone who has ever lost someone.

RIP to the person on 85. words cannot explain anything.

Does anyone else feel the same way about the way things are handled? I doubt i am the only one

R3RUN
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Rest in peace for sure.
The reasoning behind leaving the body where it lies is for the investigation. It is not meant to be disrespectful at all. The police have a job to do at accident scenes and they are just trying to do what they are there for.

dtmcnamara
02-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Rest in peace for sure.
The reasoning behind leaving the body where it lies is for the investigation. It is not meant to be disrespectful at all. The police have a job to do at accident scenes and they are just trying to do what they are there for.

i know about the investigation and all but i think it should be more private, a screen or something to at least hide something...all i saw was a white towel and blood everywhere... :no: :no: :no:

R3RUN
02-25-2007, 01:00 AM
I agree its kind of rough but im sure the coroner tries to get there as fast as possible to pick up the body. Until they get there im not sure if the cops can move the body.

dtmcnamara
02-25-2007, 01:05 AM
i still think a simple curtain would help a lot. i know there is a place somewhere who does this, i remember seeing it somewhere.

sirkus
02-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Hell the fucking AJC posted a picture of a wrecked bike that a man was killed on.. I was flipping the pages and I saw that a man was killed around the airport area on a bike. I looked at the pic. It was a honda and the handle bars would almost touch each other. Really.. It's just wrong to post pictures of a car/bike that someone was killed in/on.

And they really should have rushed his ass to an ambulance. It's not something that everyone should see.

Or atleast covered the scene a little better.

R3RUN
02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Its part of our society nowadays though. Its sad but true. I mean they showed people jumping from the towers on 9/11 on live tv and in the papers.

Dracc
02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Yo i saw it too man.. got alittle choked up cause i ride my uncle eddies bike all the time.. i was leaving Lenox area getting something to eat and heading back to sugarloaf and saw it.. shit scared the hell out of me and had me thinking how quick i can loose my life.. RIP fellow biker on 85

dtmcnamara
02-25-2007, 01:15 AM
shit scared the hell out of me and had me thinking how quick i can loose my life

same thing went through my mind also...and the real sad thing is that the guy probably wasnt at fault at all... :no: :no: :no:

StupidBikerBoy
02-25-2007, 01:42 AM
R.I.P. :no:

PRiMAdonna
02-25-2007, 01:46 AM
damn man... sorry you had to see that :cry:

i definitely tear up every time i see a real bad wreck or fatality on the road, because that could have very well been you or i and that shit happens every minute.

ivansnow
02-25-2007, 02:13 AM
man i saw this on my way to BP i felt soooooo bad rest in peaz.

Eclipse1000
02-25-2007, 10:55 AM
that is very sad

and yes i agree there should be a curtain of some sort

Elbow
02-25-2007, 12:32 PM
R.I.P. prayers to his family and friends.

Maniaç
02-25-2007, 12:35 PM
so much death going on...... could it be a sign?

Evil Goat
02-25-2007, 03:32 PM
So many emotions I cannot even being to speak say, think of or imagine. Driving home from lenox tonight when I hit grid lock traffic right before north druid hills road. didnt think twice about it until i saw the white cloth. my heart dropped, but where was the car?

300 feet down the road lied his bike; looked like a smaller harley. A tear started. seeing the tragic end of some fellow biker, more than likely, just cruising home.

the thing i do not get is why are the bodies just left with a blanket over them. to me this is almost un-constitutional and even more very disgraceful to the once living and their family.

I am almost mad thinking about this ludacris way of doing things. to me the family should be the ones to see the body not everyone on the damn road. Ya i know that this cannot be done to the extent that no one will be able to see the body, but I think that if there is a death in an accident a curtain of some sort should be placed around the accident. This would stop rubber-necking (people turning their necks to see what happened) and would be more respectful than leaving a body with a think towel over them and a bunch of cops watching.

I would almost be pissed if someone, other than a police officer, called me and said someone was dead in my family because they saw their car/bike and a body lying near it.

My condolence goes to the family and everyone who has ever lost someone.

RIP to the person on 85. words cannot explain anything.

Does anyone else feel the same way about the way things are handled? I doubt i am the only one

the exact reason i will never ride on the streets again....i was in a decently bad accident this past july while on vacation, spent 4 months or so rehabbing, cagers have no respect for riders, and as much as i love riding, i will never ride on an open street again

HalfBaked
02-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I saw a dead body on 75n right by the Varsity a long time ago. Except there was more than 1 cloth.

David88vert
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I heard about the guy last night. Supposedly the SUV in front of him had to stop really fast, the guy on the bike didn't.