PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine...

quickdodgeŽ
02-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Anyone heard of them? Feedback if so? Later, QD.

GIXXERDK
02-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Is it a dealership? I never heard of them

con
02-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Sunshine's Learn to Ride in Stone Mountain right off of 78 by the mini golf course? If so, that's where I took the Motorcycle Safety Course back in '03. It was a great experience and had a more flexible schedule than the state, honda or harley courses. There were also less people in the class and the price was the same. Had a great instructor too. I highly recommend them or any other training facility prior to you riding.

David88vert
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Worth the money, but I can show you the same things QD - for free.

quickdodgeŽ
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Hmmmm. I wanna take you up on that offer, David. The sooner, the better. Later, QD.

David88vert
02-25-2007, 05:03 PM
PM'ed

GIXXERDK
02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Sunshine's Learn to Ride in Stone Mountain right off of 78 by the mini golf course? If so, that's where I took the Motorcycle Safety Course back in '03. It was a great experience and had a more flexible schedule than the state, honda or harley courses. There were also less people in the class and the price was the same. Had a great instructor too. I highly recommend them or any other training facility prior to you riding.

Is it the same as the MSF course? Accredited like the others? My friends are planning on taking it sometime next week. I might take it as well for a insurance break.

con
02-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Is it the same as the MSF course? Accredited like the others? My friends are planning on taking it sometime next week. I might take it as well for a insurance break.

exactly the same....only difference is that you have to take the written and road exam at the DMV. they do however provide a bike whenever you're scheduled for the road course. also, they allow you to come back and practice as much as you like. however, shouldn't be necessary. when I took it I had never ridden a sportbike and hadn't been on a dirtbike in well over 12 years and breezed through it. I had fun, got booted to the sidelines during course activities for doing slow u-turns before they were covered and other drills without hesitation while others struggled. after I did one u-turn an older guy attempted the same but tucked the front and fell :lmfao: On the second day it had rained a bit and 3 people low sided during drills, I was laughing my ass off the whole time. it seems so simple to some but to others riding is impossible. one lady and one guy gave up, said to hell with it and riding bikes is not for them. hope they were able to sell those new harleys they had bought prior to signing up.