PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

umfogotmyname2111
02-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Ok well let's get this out of the way first off, I'm not going to say I wasn't doing it and deny everything adn I'm not looking for bullshit ways to get out of it. I'll be more than happy to pay and fines I get. Ok well anyway, I was wondering what type of fines I am looking and any punishments (i.e. suspended license) I have to look forward to. I got pulled over last night on 85 South by Dekalb for doing 95 in a 55. The officer gave me a ticket for the 95 and a ticket for reckless driving. I'm not too worried about paying any fines it will just change plans I had coming up but shit happens so oh well. The only thing I am worried about is if my license will get suspended or not. I have no points on my license and I know that the reckless driving is 4 and 34+ mph over is 6 so that will be 10 points on me. I wasn't too sure on how it would go seeing as I am 22 and I still have my no-lo to use but I know that will probably be up to the judge to decide if he wants to accept to or not. So what type of fines am I looking at and will my license most likely get suspended? I'm already looking into a lawyer for it that my brother recommended to me. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

Darling Nikki
02-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Gosh that sucks. Every Judge is diff on fines and charges... all I know is if your convicted in court to reckless driving its a misdemeanor and fines can be skyyy high. Reckless driving is when you drive in reckless regard for the safety of you or the public and doing 40 over is very.

R3RUN
02-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Im pretty sure you are going to want a lawyer for this one.

BuBBa DRiFT
02-25-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah dude, your looking at 1200 bucks in fines and 6months without a license, maybe some community service as well.

get a lawyer, i had a friend who got it dropped to 275 bucks.

umfogotmyname2111
02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
preciate the reply's guys. yeah i'm talking to my brother's lawyer tomorrow and see what he says he's going to be able to do. the fine's aren't what bothers me it's just keeping my license. hopefully he will be able to pull something out his ass and get me to be able to keep it.

Stormhammer
02-26-2007, 12:57 AM
yeah dude, your looking at 1200 bucks in fines and 6months without a license, maybe some community service as well.

get a lawyer, i had a friend who got it dropped to 275 bucks.

he's 22 - 21 and over you need 15 points of more to lose a license - you MAY be having to do some community service though

and if I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I'm pretty sure on this ( I just took defensive driving yesterday :lmao: )

fight club
02-26-2007, 01:31 AM
your absolutely correct. there is no way you will loose your drivers licence. my advice, pay the fines, then go to defencive driving to get the points removed so you wont have a n increase in your insurance.

R3RUN
02-26-2007, 01:38 AM
I would still get a lawyer. It could be easier than having to go through community service.

81911SC
02-26-2007, 02:27 AM
def want to do defensive driving b4 ur court date

Type-R
02-26-2007, 04:30 AM
your absolutely correct. there is no way you will loose your drivers licence. my advice, pay the fines, then go to defencive driving to get the points removed so you wont have a n increase in your insurance.

x2

Get the lawyer and your tickets will most likely be reduced a little. Then do the driving course to reduce the points later. Don't sweat it cause you are over 21. The wreckless driving was BS unless you were driving like an extra on the set of Fast and the Furious.

I had a list of charges to include evading police, 120 in and 55, driving with suspended license, to name a few all from 1 event and all I did was 1 night in County and got most all of them dismissed, reduced or removed.

So don't sweat a 95 in a 55, hehe. Just remember my one story ^ and you'll feel better.

sleepys4
02-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Your old ull be stright i got the same thing when i was 16. pretty much fucked i got those exact tickets including aluding the police. i got 600 fine and 6 month suspension. Learned my lesson, i must get faster.

Type-R
02-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Learned my lesson, i must get faster.

lol

those were my thoughts, f-ing 120mph cap

hehe

umfogotmyname2111
02-26-2007, 06:38 AM
'preciate the replys guys....yeah i'm going to call the lawyer in a few hours and talk to him.....repped everyone that replied...thanks

HEATON
02-26-2007, 06:41 AM
I see alot of people are saying get a lawyer, just make sure you get the right one. His fees may outway his benefits.

GIXXERDK
02-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Plead not guilty until the DA takes off a ticket or makes you a good deal. Remember there in it for the money.

Doppelgänger
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Before you go to court, wash your ass really good. Then take peanut butter and smear it all over you ass. When you go to court and go before the judge , stick your hands down your pants and all in the peanut butter. Pull your hand out, look at it, then start licking it off..... promptly followed by you pleading insanity.

Darling Nikki
02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
YOu have to remember its also up to the judge if he wants your license revoked even if you only have less than 15 pts on your record.

Slowboy
02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
1st off dekalb county is the worst place to speed them cops are sneaky. I got a fine ticket for 88 in a 55 and i just payed it, and nothing came of it. That was a state tropper goin thru talboton. but 95 is alot quicker. get a lawyer. and see what he says