PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Head Gasket

boostedy8
02-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I am running a built LS/VTEC motor in my ek. I just had my head rebuilt and the machine shop that did the work didn't do a good job or re-surfacing the head and now it leaks oil all over the place. Thats the only issue that i have with the motor right now. My question is, i am going to take the head off again and get it re-surfaced at another machine shop. So iwas wondering what would be the best head gasket to use on my set up. Its a B18B1 block with eagle rods, SRP pistons, Total seal rings, ACL bearings, ARP head studs. The head is a 91 PR3 B16 head with crower stage II cams, oversized valves, springs and retainers, fully ported and polished head, and AEM cam gears. My turbo that i am running is a turbonettics T-66. I plan on running around 16-18 PSI onthis set up. So i just want to know what would be the best head gasket to use. I have a 97 GSR OEM head gasket on it now. I have heard of people using a LS head gasket?:D

UPMotorsport
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
I bought the Golden Eagle LS/VTEC conversion, and Im using the headgasket that came from it

Vteckidd
02-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I am running a built LS/VTEC motor in my ek. I just had my head rebuilt and the machine shop that did the work didn't do a good job or re-surfacing the head and now it leaks oil all over the place. Thats the only issue that i have with the motor right now. My question is, i am going to take the head off again and get it re-surfaced at another machine shop. So iwas wondering what would be the best head gasket to use on my set up. Its a B18B1 block with eagle rods, SRP pistons, Total seal rings, ACL bearings, ARP head studs. The head is a 91 PR3 B16 head with crower stage II cams, oversized valves, springs and retainers, fully ported and polished head, and AEM cam gears. My turbo that i am running is a turbonettics T-66. I plan on running around 16-18 PSI onthis set up. So i just want to know what would be the best head gasket to use. I have a 97 GSR OEM head gasket on it now. I have heard of people using a LS head gasket?:D

you have the wrong headgasket. did you plug the VTEC passage oil hole on the head when you did the LS VTEC conversion.

im betting you didnt.

you need to use the LS headgasket with the offset dowel pins from GOLDEN EAGLE

dont you work at Forged ? shouldnt you know this ?

FYI: T66 is a horrible turbo for that setup. laggy as fuck. I would downgrade to a 60-1 or a t3/t4 50 trim if you are only going to run 16-18psi. it will give you a much more useable powerband unless you have like a stage 3 wheel with a TINY exhaust housing on the 66

boostedy8
02-26-2007, 07:53 AM
FYI the oil passage is pluged. I never did the ls/vtec conversion on it in the first place. Yes i do work at forged. Does that have anything to do with what i was asking. No it doesn't. You know i dont know what is up with you guys dissing our shop and our reputation. I opened this thread for advise only. Ok so i hvae the wrong head gasket on it big deal. I was running the same head gasket before i had the head re-machined and i had no leaks.

Vteckidd
02-26-2007, 08:14 AM
FYI the oil passage is pluged. I never did the ls/vtec conversion on it in the first place. Yes i do work at forged. Does that have anything to do with what i was asking. No it doesn't. You know i dont know what is up with you guys dissing our shop and our reputation. I opened this thread for advise only. Ok so i hvae the wrong head gasket on it big deal. I was running the same head gasket before i had the head re-machined and i had no leaks.

i dont diss forged, i have never said anything bad.

but you when you say that you can work on hondas, an you cant even use the correct headgasket in an lsvtec, makes me wonder if you should be working on any honda at all.

Your $350 manifold was a LOG manifold from MSPi, it was never a TDF. and, did you run a flex pipe with it? IIRC no. an it didnt take a month to make.

so a cracked manifold messed up your turbos? how come you never came to me when the manifold cracked?

arent you the one that ran 11psi on your stock D16y8 when we told you not to. blew it up an said that "we couldnt tune".

then you wanted scotty to teach you how to tune so you could tune cars at FOrged (thats what you said).

Dude, you posted a topic about what headgasket to use. you work for a shop (so you say) and i was just saying "if you cant figure out what headgasket to use on a simple LSVTEC, you shouldnt be working on hondas".

spanky
02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
dont you work at Forged ? shouldnt you know this ?
Hey now, lets not be one to cast too many stones on who should know what because they work where.

Vteckidd
02-26-2007, 08:22 AM
So when hes going around telling people:

We dont just work on nissans, we can work on hondas too. Just because we are a 350z shop doesnt meant we cant work on other cars as well.

then he says he works for forged, but yet he cant do an LSVTEC swap, would you want him working on your honda?

that was my point. i know who this kid is, and he likes to run his mouth, i was just using this opportunity to LOL at him