Pretty sad

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y5POVNw8nuQ

SampaGuy
02-23-2007, 08:53 AM
:(

thanks for posting, i love f1 +1

SniperJoe
02-23-2007, 10:45 AM
The part with David at about 2:00 into the movie really crushes me. His fellow driver is desperately trying to flip over the car to get him out, but no one will help him. :(

Verik
02-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Can you even imagine what he is thinking. That part got to me too because think if you were that person trying to flip the car over. Your friend who you've developed a comradery with through racing is sitting there begging you to get him out and everything you do doesn't help. You'd have to listen and watch him as he burned alive. I can't think of many things more terrifying than that.

The other part that really got to me was when the track worker was crossing and got hit by a car.... that made me nearly sick to my stomach (especially on the 4th time watching the vid)

SniperJoe
02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah. He was trying to flip him over and the track workers were trying to push him away. You could see how upset he was. Those guys beside him were just standing there.

This hits a little close to home for me. I had a good friend of mine die in a racing accident where his car burst into flames. His passenger who was riding with him managed to get out, but my friend Kevin didn't.

NAIZBST
02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah the driver at 2:00 in the video really got me too because of him trying everything to help flip the car back over

Danny
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Can you even imagine what he is thinking. That part got to me too because think if you were that person trying to flip the car over. Your friend who you've developed a comradery with through racing is sitting there begging you to get him out and everything you do doesn't help. You'd have to listen and watch him as he burned alive. I can't think of many things more terrifying than that.

The other part that really got to me was when the track worker was crossing and got hit by a car.... that made me nearly sick to my stomach (especially on the 4th time watching the vid)

Yea that was horrible. A few months ago i saw a tractor trailor do a front flip, and land upsidedown. There was the driver and two dogs inside. Both dogs were killed on impact and the driver was hurt badly. It was a white tractor that was upsidedown and crushed soo badly that me standing up could see the underside of the truck, when normaly i am obviuosly not even close to tall as the truck. The outside of the truck was smeared with blood, and his face was coming outa of a fiberglass panel, and one leg was through the windshiel, and one arm through the side window hole, which had colapsed on his arm and legs twisting them in ways your dont want to see. Some how the driver was concious and i told him he was going to be ok. I then looked around for fuel leaks/ possible fires and was relifed that i didnt see any fire. A few seconds later i noticed the driver was laying directly under a fuel tank that was leaking fuel on both of us, i also noticed the oil pan in the big yellow Cat motor was ruptured and had leaked oil everywhere. But it was too late, i heard a loud whhooooosshhh and a huge blast of heat, i assume the oil leaked onto the turbos/exhaust and ingnited along with some fuel. To look into that guys eyes, and no you cant get him out is a horrible feeling. He started squirming and yelling as his feet were close to the fire. I looked down at him, and made the decison to leave him for a min. I ran to I-75 and stopped traffic and told a few ladies that were just standing there to help me. I ran from truck to truck taking fire extigushers, we were able to keep the fire down long enough to keep the guy alive intill the fire dept got there. Id rather not ever see the look in someones eyes that thinks they are about to burn to death, and theres nothing really i can do.
/end random story.

Master Shake
02-23-2007, 03:26 PM
makes you think man. don't take nothing for granted...and don't take granted for nothing.

Verik
02-24-2007, 01:40 AM
+1 chinky.... just think... before those races, these drivers were talking with loved ones, making future plans, and thinking ahead in their lives. Tragic that everything can be stolen away so quickly.

Leadfoot_mf
02-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Yea that was horrible. A few months ago i saw a tractor trailor do a front flip, and land upsidedown. There was the driver and two dogs inside. Both dogs were killed on impact and the driver was hurt badly. It was a white tractor that was upsidedown and crushed soo badly that me standing up could see the underside of the truck, when normaly i am obviuosly not even close to tall as the truck. The outside of the truck was smeared with blood, and his face was coming outa of a fiberglass panel, and one leg was through the windshiel, and one arm through the side window hole, which had colapsed on his arm and legs twisting them in ways your dont want to see. Some how the driver was concious and i told him he was going to be ok. I then looked around for fuel leaks/ possible fires and was relifed that i didnt see any fire. A few seconds later i noticed the driver was laying directly under a fuel tank that was leaking fuel on both of us, i also noticed the oil pan in the big yellow Cat motor was ruptured and had leaked oil everywhere. But it was too late, i heard a loud whhooooosshhh and a huge blast of heat, i assume the oil leaked onto the turbos/exhaust and ingnited along with some fuel. To look into that guys eyes, and no you cant get him out is a horrible feeling. He started squirming and yelling as his feet were close to the fire. I looked down at him, and made the decison to leave him for a min. I ran to I-75 and stopped traffic and told a few ladies that were just standing there to help me. I ran from truck to truck taking fire extigushers, we were able to keep the fire down long enough to keep the guy alive intill the fire dept got there. Id rather not ever see the look in someones eyes that thinks they are about to burn to death, and theres nothing really i can do.
/end random story.
did u ever find out what happened to the guy?

Danny
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
did u ever find out what happened to the guy?

he was still alive when i left.
i checked the paper the next day to see if there was a write up, and there wasnt. i think he probably lived, or at least i would like to think so.