PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sony HDR-SR1 - BEST DIGITAL CAMCORDER OUT CURRENTLY - 30GB HDD & *High-Def 1080i*

ct9a gsr
02-23-2007, 01:58 AM
BRAND NEW, IN BOX, NEVER USED OR OPENED, 100% RETAIL, NOT REFURBISHED CRAP

Just got this toy and haven't even opened it... I've decided I'd rather build a nice rig that can support HD video editing and storage before I try to master this camcorder. My current 3yr old setup would probably suffice, but not to my liking. Anyways... if you're looking at this, you probably have a general idea of what a SR1 is but if not, I've posted specs on the bottom of this post. The SR1 is Sony's most expensive and best performing compact prosumer digital camcorder out on the market. It also out-performs the Canon HD-series camcorders as well making it the best of the best currently. Feel free to Google HDR-SR1 reviews.

I'd like to emphasize that this camcorder records in HIGH DEFINITION, meaning 1080i resolution which is FOUR times larger and more detailed than 95% of all other camcorders out there (which record @ 480i or less). This camcorder can also take upto 4.0 megapixel pictures at insanely nice quality due to the behemoth CMOS sensor and lens. There's tons of other features as well like slow-motion, complete night vision, taking pics while recording, bla bla BLA. This is the monster of all camcorders. Oh, and for you ppl who like to record "random car videos at night"... the larger the lens and larger the CMOS sensor, the more light the camcorder will record resulting in a video that shows vivid picture in very low light settings, even at fast movement speeds!

Specs:

- 2.1-megapixel (gross) ClearVid CMOS sensor 1/3-inch ClearVID CMOS Sensor with 1990K (effective) pixels provides stunning detail and clarity with exceptional video (up to 1080 lines of horizontal resolution for HD; 530 lines of horizontal resolution for SD) and still image performance. The Megapixel technology enhances your digital videos and digital still (3980K) photography performance.

- 10x optical/80x digital zoom The optical zoom helps to bring the action close up from far away. In addition, the Digital Zoom interpolation means that extreme digital zooming is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zooms.

- Professional-quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens Carl Zeiss lenses have an advanced optical multi-layer coating for increased contrast. This results in vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation and perfect renditions of subtle tones. The additional T coating on the lens further reduces unwanted glare and flare.

- 3.5-inch wide (16:9) touch-panel Hybrid Clear Photo LCD Plus Display (211K pixels) The 3.5-inch wide (16:9) LCD screen provides excellent viewing clarity with improved resolution. The high resolution 211K pixel LCD screen rotates up to 270 degrees for multiple viewing angles providing sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback, and the widescreen format makes shooting in 16:9 mode and composing shots even easier.

- Smooth slow recording By increasing the record rate from 60 fields per second (fps) to 240 fps for 3 seconds allowing you to capture 3 seconds of fast motion and play the video back in 12 seconds. This is great for analyzing a golf swing or a viewing a bird in flight.

- Enjoy 5.1-channel surround sound through the built-in microphone
Dolby Digital 5.1-channel recording The HDR-SR1 will record in Dolby Digital 5.1-channel surround sound with a built-in microphone. By recording in 5.1-channel surround sound, you can now experience your home movies with active sounds coming from all directions. Enjoy your personal home movies the way you experienced them while recording.

- Digital Still Memory Mode with Memory Stick Duo media Capture still images up to 2304x1728 (4:3) resolution, directly onto Memory Stick Duo Media for easy transfer to PCs for emailing, printing or sharing with other compatible Memory Stick devices.

- Super SteadyShot picture stabilization system An advanced version of Sony's SteadyShot system that controls an even higher range of shake and vibration frequencies, to achieve an even higher level of smoothness without degradation of video like some other image stabilization systems.

- On-screen zoom and record buttons For additional control of the camcorder, the HDR-SR1 features Zoom and Record buttons on the frame of the LCD screen. This allows the user more flexibility when holding the camcorder, especially in overhead or low angle shots.

- Transfer images quickly and easily through the USB 2.0 interface
USB 2.0 interface The USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your hard disk drive Handycam camcorder to the computer for fast transfer of video and still images to your computer for editing. The camcorder can also be used as an external storage and/or playback device.

- One-touch wide-angle shooting Easily switch between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios for shooting, with just the touch of a button.

- Progressive shutter system A mechanical shutter system that provides progressive scan performance while utilizing an interlaced scanning system. Digital still images will be sharp and clear with excellent definition.

- Active interface shoe Provides a location directly on the camcorder to which one may add optional accessories while providing power and twoway communication with those accessories.

- Super NightShot Infrared System With Sony's NightShot Infrared System you can capture natural looking video, even when shooting in low light. Record subjects up to 20 feet away using the built-in infrared system.

- Dual record While recording video in high-definition (HD), you have the ability to capture a 2.3-megapixel (16:9) still image directly to Memory Stick Duo Media. While recording in standard definition you have the ability to capture a 1.7-megapixel (4:3) still image directly to Memory Stick Duo media.

- Easy PC backup Easily back up your footage (HD or SD) to your PC using the supplied software. The footage will be stored on your PCs hard drive for archiving purposes and viewing at a later time; the footage is stored by date for easy playback. In addition, only new footage is tranferred to your PC each time you backup your footage.

- Additional Features

One-touch DVD burn
Manual focus
Program AE (Auto Exposure) modes
Picture effects
Fader effects
InfoLithium battery with AccuPower
Meter system
Battery information
Easy Handycam button
Multi-language menu
Tele Macro function

- What's in the Box
Power adapter/in-camera charger (AC-L15)
InfoLithium rechargeable battery (NP-FM50)
Remote Commander remote control (RMT-835)
Component video cable
A/V cable (stereo)
Application CD-ROM with driver
USB cable

Retail Price @ SonyStyle / BestBuy / CircuitCity: $1500 + tax (and s/h where applicable)

MY PRICE: $1,250

Pics of Camcorder:

http://www.videomaker.com/blog/uploads/2006/07/SONY_HDR-SR1.jpg

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/images/upload/Image/news/2006/Sony/AVCHD%20July%20Announcement/NDAuntil5EST/HDR-SR1_back-hand.jpg

http://www.call-t.co.jp/blog/mt/BW_Upload/ginza_sr1top.jpg

Pics of ACTUAL ITEM:

http://www.ct9agsr.com/hdrsr1/hdr-sr1-1.jpg
http://www.ct9agsr.com/hdrsr1/hdr-sr1-2.jpg
http://www.ct9agsr.com/hdrsr1/hdr-sr1-3.jpg
http://www.ct9agsr.com/hdrsr1/hdr-sr1-recipt.jpg

sleepys4
02-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Nice camcorder i wish this would have been available a few days ago. i would have snagged it. Bump for the best.

Verik
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
god i want this charles lol..... i was looking at buying one like a month ago but who knows what happened to that money ><

ct9a gsr
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
*bump*

dtmcnamara
02-26-2007, 09:04 PM
if you want someone to test it out call me....i LOVE that thing

ct9a gsr
03-15-2007, 10:11 PM
bump

ct9a gsr
03-21-2007, 02:07 PM
*bump*

ct9a gsr
03-26-2007, 07:18 PM
moving to EBay soon... =x

ChnkyLao
03-26-2007, 10:18 PM
yes i can finally make high quality bootleg movies :D , but for real free bump :goodjob: ,