PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Exhaust

Josh...
02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok so I have a pretty loud exhaust, I have a 2K accord V6 (V6's came stock w/ dual exhaust). I have a 2" 1/4 cat back w/ mufflers, I have looked at aftermarket mufflers but the only quiet ones that I can find are Dynomax, and Borla and I don't know how loud/quiet they would be on my car. So, I was thinking about cutting off my y-pipe and just running one CL Type-S muffler (b/c it's 30% less restrictive than stock) after the cat converter, and not running any piping after the muffler. Also maybe adding a resonator if it is still too loud, so what do y'all think? Any help will be appreciated.

ATK_Designs
02-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I just got the similar car and about to do the exhaust.

Mufflers of my choice are CL-S (Freaking hard to find used) or Apexi WSII Universal (expensive).

I'm going to have MSPi do a custom setup W/o Resonators back to the WSII mufflers. They should give off nice sound without being too loud.

My current car already has the custom 2.25" piping done (no resonator) back to dual OEM mufflers. It sounds tiny bit louder than stock, but pretty quiet inside the car. If you want, I can sell it off to you when MSPi does my exhaust.

PM me if interested as I do not check these forums often.

Z U L8R
02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
magnaflow ownz