PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a hookup on Airline Ticket Prices?

Ran
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm pushing things ahead of schedule. Anyone here got a hookup on one-way plane tickets to Tokyo? Looking to leave within the next two months or so if possible. Applying for the passport this weekend.

Mr_Mischif
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Why don't you try going standby? It should be cheaper that a normal ticket.

Ran
02-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Why don't you try going standby? It should be cheaper that a normal ticket.How do I do that? :???:

I'm applying for expedited service on my passport so it should be here in roughly two weeks. After that, once the Yaris is gone, so am I.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mr_Mischif
02-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Standby Flights. Traveling standby requires considerable flexibility in arrival and departure dates and cities. Companies dealing in standby flights sell vouchers rather than tickets, with the promise to get you to your destination (or near your destination) within a certain window of time (typically 1-5 days). You call in before your specific window of time to hear flight options and the probability that you will be able to board each flight. You can then decide which flights you want to try to make, show up at the appropriate airport at the appropriate time, present your voucher, and board if space is available. Vouchers can usually be bought for both one-way and round-trip travel. You may receive a monetary refund only if every available flight within your date range is full; if you opt not to take an available (but perhaps less convenient) flight, you can only get credit toward future travel. Carefully read agreements with any company offering standby flights, as tricky fine print can leave you in the lurch.