PDA

View Full Version : who else is into stocks??

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
so far i see a very limited amount of people who following stocks...
well...trying to see if the people on here who are into stocks, maybe get together one day and see what we can come up with...
if you play in the stock market let me know maybe we can exchange DD and etc.

shavedcivic
02-22-2007, 12:52 PM
shit i sit on Velocity everyday. i love the stock market.

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 12:55 PM
u have any tips on some stocks?

chris13
02-22-2007, 01:05 PM
im all over the stock market

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 01:09 PM
if u do...what stocks have u been looking at??

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
please don't waste other ppls time and say you know about stocks if you cannot provide some DD

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 01:14 PM
EFSF bounce back

chris13
02-22-2007, 01:24 PM
right now i have about
1,000 shares in Home Depot gettin ready to sell, if u have ANY HD stock u need to sell ASAP
i also have about 4500 shares in Publix (can only buy if u work there) Publix stocks split 5 times last year
there is a company that i cant remember the name of right now but when i can find my paper work ill let yall know, anyways this company has basically invented a medicine to help Alzheimers (however u spell it) last i checked stock was only like $15 a share and projected be well over $100 within somethin stupid like a month or so. when i can find all the info on it i got ill let yall know so yall can look into it. i can also get yall in contact with my stock broker.

ive thought bout goin back to school to be a broker, what yall think?

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 01:25 PM
IMOT seems good buy right now

once shenzhen exchange reopens looks like it will bounce up

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
i don't need a stock broker, can do myself. seems like you don't really know much about stock market except for going safe route.

ironchef
02-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Danny K and I actually talked about getting together like once a week to look over prospective stocks and dd together/do chart research, anyone interested?

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 02:24 PM
1,000 shares in Home Depot gettin ready to sell, if u have ANY HD stock u need to sell ASAP
funny, just got an article from forbes today with someone picking HD as one of the top 5 for this yr....

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
im in...weekends is only good for me becuz i work mon-fri

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
not really a HOT tip anymore but i got into VC last year when i heard a tip and did a little research, only regret is that i didn't put more money in it as i'm now sitting on a 73% return....

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 02:36 PM
i hear some HOT tips once in a while...if i hear anything will keep you guys posted

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 02:43 PM
are u in imot right now? looks like the hot period has already passed for the most part (52wk low of around $.10 to a 52wk high of around $.50) so if u got in now it looks like u might have to hold it for a while.

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
here is a chart for HD

it would be a stupid thing to sell right now imo

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 02:46 PM
yearly chart

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 02:48 PM
indeed...maybe someone should go to school for stock brokering :P

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
HD

Fiscal Year
Fiscal Year Ends: 29-Jan
Most Recent Quarter (mrq): 29-Oct-06

Profitability
Profit Margin (ttm): 6.80%
Operating Margin (ttm): 11.20%

Management Effectiveness
Return on Assets (ttm): 13.01%
Return on Equity (ttm): 22.86%

Income Statement
Revenue (ttm): 90.06B
Revenue Per Share (ttm): 43.2
Qtrly Revenue Growth (yoy): 11.30%
Gross Profit (ttm): 27.32B
EBITDA (ttm): 12.00B
Net Income Avl to Common (ttm): 6.12B
Diluted EPS (ttm): 2.93
Qtrly Earnings Growth (yoy): -3.10%

Balance Sheet
Total Cash (mrq): 617.00M
Total Cash Per Share (mrq): 0.302
Total Debt (mrq): 8.16B
Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 0.294
Current Ratio (mrq): 1.168
Book Value Per Share (mrq): 13.58

Cash Flow Statement
Operating Cash Flow (ttm): 6.56B
Levered Free Cash Flow (ttm): 2.19B

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
chris13...if anyone took your advice with stock on HD, they would get pissed off at you and come after you to hunt you down to take u out.

as before i have said, before you say anything about stocks...please provide DD if you plan to at least sound like you know what you are talking about.

ironchef
02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Anyone play dans today? Shit soared on news of a buyout by a nasdaq company.

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
i missed that way under radar...
can't really do much while ur at work and not at home with your own computer and listen to news

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
wow...that would've been one helluva ride...

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:23 PM
dans should go up tomorrow too, but its a short imo

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 03:29 PM
not taking any chances w/that, if u missed out on the 1st day, usually ur goin to miss out on the 2nd day too (if not take a hit)

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
im not going with it...im putting money into IMOT...like i said..once shenzhen exchange opens up..the stock should rise probably .03-.055
but only time will tell

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:34 PM
heres another one i just dug up
VLXC:
has a CC next wed and has been rumored for some time that they will transfer to a Nasdaq listing and some large expansion moves trades at 1X's trailing earnings and once audited filings are in this flies to $3.00

Veltex Corporation Announces Teleconference Call With Shareholders and Investors
2:27p ET February 21, 2007 (PR NewsWire)
Veltex Corporation (OTC: VLXC) today announced that it will hold a previously announced conference call with shareholders and investors. Veltex Corporation will hold a conference call at 1:30 p.m. PT (4:30 p.m. ET) on Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 to discuss its financial results and recent corporate developments.

Interested parties are invited to call live in the US and Canada by dialing 877-680-2258. The call is also available by dialing for international callers 706-679-5424. This call will be operator assisted. Participants should reference "Veltex Corporation Investor Update" when calling in. Please telephone approximately 5 minutes prior to the call.

Questions from informed investors will also be taken in advance of the call and should be emailed to the investor relations department at [email protected].

ABOUT VELTEX CORPORATION

Veltex Corporation headquartered in City of Industry, California, with distribution centers in the USA, Canada and factories in Bangladesh, is a vertical manufacturing and import/export company with five subsidiaries. It designs and manufactures Brand named apparel and Caps for the promotional products industry. Also, it manufactures high quality custom Headwear for Tommy Hilfiger, specialized textiles primarily for use by manufacturers of automobile interiors, upholstery for furniture manufacturers, and ready to wear garments. It specializes in denim, microfilament, velvet, twill, canvas, duck and pinpoints oxford fabrics.

Veltex Corporation is committed to providing superior apparel and textile products to the U.S. and Canada at the lowest possible price and with delivery times superior to any in the industry. It is equally committed to always exceeding customer expectations and shareholder value.

FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS

Safe Harbor: Except for historical information contained herein, the statements in this Press Release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods to differ materially from forecasted results. These risks and uncertainties include, among other things, volatility of market prices, product demand, market competition, risks inherent in the Company's international operations, and the Company's ability to replace and expand.

SOURCE Veltex Corporation

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:38 PM
chart

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
revenue:

CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif., Feb 07, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Veltex Corporation (VLXC : veltex corp com new
News , chart, profile, more
Last: 0.34+0.03+9.68%

3:53pm 02/22/2007

Delayed quote dataAdd to portfolio
Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
VLXC0.34, +0.03, +9.7%) today announced revenues for the year ending December 31, 2006 topping the $70 million mark as expected.
Revenues for the twelve months ended December 31, 2006, totaled $70,131,941. Gross Profits for the twelve months ending December 31, 2006 were $15,689,013 with net income of $5,545,246. Total assets also reached a record $53,468,837. With approximately 20 million shares outstanding, Veltex Corporation is pleased to report earnings per share of $0.252 for the twelve month period beginning January 01, 2006. A copy of the full financial report can be found on the company's website at www.veltexcorporation.com.
Javeed Matin, CEO of Veltex Corporation, stated, "The Company is very pleased to be reporting numbers that are reflective of our hard work and efforts to bring Veltex to the next stage in our growth projections. The strong supports of our shareholders and employees have added to our tremendous success over the past twelve months. The major acquisition of Veltex-Canada has continued to help us drive revenue and increase growth on aggressive targets that were set early in 2006."
Matin stated further, "Over the next few weeks Veltex will be announcing several major developments surrounding our worldwide expansion program. Our Veltex-Apparel acquisition in Canada has been very successful to date and the Company is now looking to expand operations further in the US and in China."
Veltex will host a teleconference with shareholders the week of February 14th to update shareholders and interested parties on the Company's progress, plans and new developments. An exact time and date will be announced with information on participating in that call.
Matin added, "I want to once again personally thank all of our shareholders and employees for their continued support."

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
this could actually be a big hit next week and probably rise up to maybe 400%+ if it pans out right

ironchef
02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Have they been filing with the SEC?

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 03:51 PM
yes..sorry..made mistake

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 04:13 PM
100+ hits and yet only 4 ppl are actual ppl who are into stocks...what low numbers

CALIWEST
02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
i bet ppl are kicking themselves right now who bought sirus @ 3.82 after announcement of merger on monday. until after first 2 days the market jumped up to 4.06 (ppl should have sold). IMO i think the SIRI will decline down to 3.4-3.5 within the next week or so. as well as XM declining market.

once SIRI hits below 3.5 i think it is a good buy for long term. both XM and SIRI has gotten so much public promotions that even if they didn't merge, both companies would see an increase in stock, not that the stock will soar. both are good long term stocks but have bad shorts.

well..thats my 2 cents

ShooterMcGavin
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
i agree. i still remember when i got into sirius way back, then sold right after they signed on howard stern. got a nice chunk of change from that :D i'll keep an eye out on veltex tomorrow...

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 08:34 AM
DANS opens up at .25...i can see this dropping today to about .16-.19 area. it was a high yesterday but a slump today

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 08:36 AM
wow..dans might even go lower...probably .12 today

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 08:40 AM
IMOT looks like it can end today with a good rise and on monday can jump up another .01-.025

ShooterMcGavin
02-23-2007, 08:41 AM
how much are u in imot for? i got some xtra cash laying around i might dump in there and just see what happens for a few days

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 08:45 AM
IMOT i bought 1500 shares but once market cracks on monday im going to sell...

i hope you bought WITM when i announced on wednesday...today is 3rd day rise and looks to go up more..probably hit 1.15 by next week. should close on good note

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
pumper today:
CNLG

SOMERVILLE, N.J., Feb. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Conolog Corporation (Nasdaq: CNLG - News), an engineering and design company that provides digital signal processing solutions to global electric utilities, announced today that it has received orders for nineteen (19) PTR systems in various configurations.

Chairman of Conolog Robert Benou, stated, "Our PTR systems are modularly designed to implement technical and engineering improvements and design enhancements direct in the field with minimum downtime."

About Conolog Corporation

Conolog Corporation is a provider of digital signal processing and digital security solutions to electric utilities worldwide. The Company designs and manufactures electromagnetic products to the military and provides engineering and design services to a variety of industries, government organizations and public utilities nationwide. The Company's INIVEN division manufactures a line of digital signal processing systems, including transmitters, receivers and multiplexers.

Forward-looking statements in this release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, continued acceptance of the Company's products, increased levels of competition, new products introduced by competitors, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. There can be no assurance that utilities will purchase any of our CM-100 units.

Contact: Conolog Corporation: Robert Benou, Chairman, 908/722-8081

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Hedge fund decided to play CNLG

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
how much are u in imot for? i got some xtra cash laying around i might dump in there and just see what happens for a few days

this is more of a short then anything. just to let u know

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:15 AM
JRJC, OPBL, FRLK, IMOT should all jump monday due to china exchange

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:34 AM
LDSD...anyone have any info on this?

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:36 AM
WITM news:
Will see a spate of news late march early April- news of China properties being acquired, merger with EasyKnit completed etc. There is a ton of info on the HKSE about EasyKnit

shortysm22
02-23-2007, 09:38 AM
missed apple

any info on the future of AMD?

CALIWEST
PTCH~!!!! (STRONG BUY)

read PR news..looks to jump big in March 31

CALIWEST
missed apple

any info on the future of AMD?

please explain what you meaning by that?

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:40 AM
AMD>Intel

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:43 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070222/microsoft_virtual_vista.html?.v=6

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:44 AM
New AMD Desktop Processors Designed for Both Performance-Hungry and Energy-Conscious Users

High-performance AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6000+ and Energy-Efficient AMD Athlon(TM) 64 Processors Diversify Desktop Choices

SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Underscoring its commitment to delivering the right products at the right time, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced desktop processors designed for users seeking the ultimate in energy-conscious or high-performance computing. The new energy-efficient 45-watt AMD Athlon(TM) 64 single-core processors 3500+ and 3800+ can help consumers and businesses save energy and experience significant performance-per-watt benefits. And for those who crave high performance, AMD has also introduced the AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 dual-core processor 6000+. These new processors are expected to be immediately available in the channel and from OEMs including Alienware, Fujitsu Siemens Computers, Systemax and Voodoo, representing the latest in a succession of innovations based on the award-winning AMD64 processor architecture.

"Our relentless focus on customer-centric innovation and industry leadership in performance-per-watt enables AMD to offer the market new energy-efficient AMD Athlon 64 processors. We expect that our commercial and consumer customers, as well as end-users, will be pleased with both the low noise and small form factor designs possible using this latest generation of energy-efficient desktop processors," said Bob Brewer, corporate vice president, Desktop Division, AMD. "With the simultaneous introduction of the new AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 6000+, AMD remains a leading-edge provider of technology that offers end-users the performance they seek, while delivering the unwavering level of quality they have come to expect from AMD."

AMD's established leadership in performance-per-watt computing, extending from the datacenter to the desktop, allows businesses and consumers to benefit greatly from energy-efficient processors. The new energy-efficient AMD Athlon 64 processors 3500+ and 3800+ are based on 65nm technology. Using the reduced line widths enabled by 65nm technology, AMD can produce more processors on a 300mm wafer while manufacturing processors designed for low-power consumption, reinforcing AMD's commitment to energy-efficient computing. AMD processors based on 65nm technology can deliver outstanding performance and enable small form factor system designs.

"With our energy-saving ESPRIMO Professional PCs, we continue to leverage our strategy to exceed even environmental standards as set by law and market conditions," said Andreas Thimmel, vice president Business Clients, Fujitsu Siemens Computers. "Bringing the new energy-efficient 45 watt AMD Athlon 64 processors to our Professional PCs, we create an ideal platform for our commercial customers to help them increase their computing capacities by keeping costs at a low level."

"Customers continue to demand solutions that focus on low-power consumption and quieter operation, with an eye to sleeker, more efficient PCs," said Jim McGregor, principal analyst with In-Stat. "Advances in energy-efficient computing go beyond offering end users lower energy bills, they can enable OEMs and system builders to deliver smaller, more innovative form factors to market."

Desktop systems based on AMD64 dual-core technology, including the AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor 6000+, benefit from AMD's open platform approach that enables superior technologies designed for outstanding mainstream PC experiences with leading-edge graphics performance, high quality video, and minimal idle power draw. These systems can also power Microsoft Windows Vista(TM) and run the visual, networking and security enhancements now available in the Vista operating system.

"With the introduction of the AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor 6000+, Alienware continues a tradition of featuring the latest and greatest AMD processing technology as soon as it became available," Frank Azor, senior vice president and general manager for Alienware's Worldwide Product Group. "Alienware's AMD-based Aurora 7500 and Aurora ALX systems have racked up prestigious awards across the industry, from Computer Shopper to PC World, for outstanding performance that maximizes our customers' capabilities. Integrating the AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor 6000+ will play a key role in helping Alienware to extend that winning streak."

Pricing

Pricing for the 65nm energy-efficient AMD Athlon 64 processors 3500+ and 3800+ are $88 and $93, respectively in 1KU. Pricing for the new AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 6000+ is $464 in 1KU. For pricing details, please visit www.amd.com/pricing.

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
IMOT up +.012..looks to keep going up to maybe .018 in 1/2 half of market...2nd half maybe have spike~!!!

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:52 AM
FRLK very much under radar right now...looking to boom .12~!!!! china exchange open next week...could see a significant .03-.06 boom~!!!

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 09:59 AM
IMOT up +.022~!!!! maybe 1st half end at .035??

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 10:07 AM
shag...respond on AIM~!!!

ShooterMcGavin
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
what's ur sn? my aim is spotty as my personal connection at work kinda sucks.

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
PAPO

http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=4585177

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
SN: deux4eva00

ShooterMcGavin
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
u not on right now?

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 10:22 AM
yea

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
IMOT good time to jump in if you haven't. stock has gone back down before 2nd half...

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 11:06 AM
WHOOP WHOOP....IM AT POINT RIGHT NOW...DANS is at .19

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 12:32 PM
back from lunch and 2nd half may resume~!!!

and I am on the marker with DANS...down to .16......don't think it will go down much more..if it does maybe .02 or .03 more...but seeing that it might stable off in .16 or .17

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 12:42 PM
DANS drop to .14...could this be one of the big drops to less to .1???if it does wow..wat a great ride for 1 day...and those who jumped in while it rose high...they must be kicking themselves

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
so where are my reps and stars for this thread???

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 12:57 PM
looks like it might just stay with .16-.19 as expected...shall see when day ends

ironchef
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
keep an eye on neol.

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
saw that earlier today...but won't make any decisions till after 4

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 03:20 PM
neol is a jump for me...im in

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 03:21 PM
URST.ob is next imo...

CALIWEST
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
as the market has closed...my last thought of the day..
DAMN I WAS GOOD~!!!
8/10 predictions today~!!!!!WHOOP WHOOP~!!!

my pick for the following weeks/months is going to be URST (i believe it will SOAR HIGH AND HIGH AND HIGH~!!!!) it will jump as URME did, looking to it that it will hit the 7.4-8.1 range within 3 months span. URME jumped up from about 2 to 8.2 within 3 months...uranium has become a hot commodity and will keep going up.

these are my tips for the day...if you would like more tips, please donate money to me and you will get more :)

ShooterMcGavin
02-24-2007, 01:24 AM
hmmm monday is goin to be an interesting day for me, lots of decisions to make as far as what i need to hang on to and what i need to cut loose to free up funds for bigger opportunities...

getto301
02-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Im only a 15 so i cant use real money yet, but ive been using my simulator for over year, this is ma portfolio, *yes simulators follow real market fluxuations so were not in lalalala land*

getto301 (Logout (http://simulator.investopedia.com/login/logout.aspx)) Current Game: Investopedia Competition (No End) Feb 24 2007, 09:53:31 AM EST Market Close: The Market Is Closed

Portfolio Summary (Refresh Portfolio) (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:__doPostBack%28%27PortfolioSummaryHeader1$lnk RefreshPortfolio%27,%27%27%29) Account Value (USD): $124,313.79 Buying Power: $40,469.31 Cash: ($43,375.16) Rank: N/A
Stock Portfolio Trade Stock (http://simulator.investopedia.com/Trade/TradeStock.aspx) | Symbol Lookup (http://research.investopedia.com/SymLookup.aspx) Symbol Description Qty Purchase Price Current Price Total Value % Chg Gain/Loss http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=LMT&Qty=400) LMT (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=LMT) LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP 400 $63.51 $102.12 $40,848.00 60.79% $15,444.00
Detailed Information For LMT (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=LMT)Last Purchase Date12/30/2005 12:47:10 PMRange High (since purchase)$103.50Days Held421 daysRange Low (since purchase)$62.52SectorAerospace (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Aerospace)IndustryAEROSP/DEFENSE (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=AEROSP%2fDEFENSE)% Chg (since yesterday)0.56%

http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=TRN&Qty=375) TRN (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=TRN) TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC 375 $33.27 $44.75 $16,781.25 34.52% $4,306.25
Detailed Information For TRN (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=TRN)Last Purchase Date1/31/2006 9:44:48 AMRange High (since purchase)$47.70Days Held389 daysRange Low (since purchase)$30.43SectorTransportation (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Transportation)IndustryTRANS-EQP&LSNG (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=TRANS-EQP%26LSNG)% Chg (since yesterday)3.35%

http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=GSF&Qty=400) GSF (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=GSF) GLOBALSANTAFE CORP 400 $55.34 $59.25 $23,700.00 7.07% $1,564.00
Detailed Information For GSF (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=GSF)Last Purchase Date2/23/2006 3:25:32 PMRange High (since purchase)$65.21Days Held366 daysRange Low (since purchase)$44.26SectorOils/Energy (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Oils%2fEnergy)IndustryOIL&GAS-DRILL (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=OIL%26GAS-DRILL)% Chg (since yesterday)0.66%

http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=SHW&Qty=320) SHW (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=SHW) SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO 320 $42.22 $70.04 $22,412.80 65.89% $8,902.40
Detailed Information For SHW (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=SHW)Last Purchase Date2/24/2006 10:05:07 AMRange High (since purchase)$71.11Days Held365 daysRange Low (since purchase)$40.15SectorConstruction (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Construction)IndustryPAINTS&REL PRDS (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=PAINTS%26REL+PRDS)% Chg (since yesterday)1.54%

http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=AAR&Qty=400) AAR (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=AAR) AMR CORP 7.875 PINES 400 $20.00 $24.45 $9,780.00 22.25% $1,780.00
Detailed Information For AAR (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=AAR)Last Purchase Date4/25/2006 2:36:39 PMRange High (since purchase)$24.70Days Held305 daysRange Low (since purchase)$19.50SectorN/AIndustryN/A% Chg (since yesterday)0.41%

http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=GOOG&Qty=15) GOOG (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=GOOG) GOOGLE INC 15 $428.86 $470.62 $7,059.30 9.74% $626.40
Detailed Information For GOOG (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=GOOG)Last Purchase Date4/25/2006 2:38:01 PMRange High (since purchase)$513.00Days Held305 daysRange Low (since purchase)$360.57SectorComputer and Technology (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Computer+and+Technology)IndustryI NTERNET SERVICES (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=INTERNET+SERVICES)% Chg (since yesterday)-1.10%
http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=LXK&Qty=150) LXK (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=LXK) LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL 150 $49.90 $63.48 $9,522.00 27.21% $2,037.00
Detailed Information For LXK (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=LXK)Last Purchase Date4/26/2006 1:03:53 PMRange High (since purchase)$74.68Days Held304 daysRange Low (since purchase)$48.44SectorComputer and Technology (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Computer+and+Technology)IndustryO FFICE AUTO&EQP (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=OFFICE+AUTO%26EQP)% Chg (since yesterday)-0.13%

http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=BAC&Qty=40) BAC (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=BAC) BANK OF AMERICA CORP 40 $48.58 $52.86 $2,114.40 8.81% $171.20
Detailed Information For BAC (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=BAC)Last Purchase Date4/27/2006 11:51:10 AMRange High (since purchase)$55.08Days Held303 daysRange Low (since purchase)$45.86SectorFinance (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Finance)IndustryBANKS-MJR REGNL (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=BANKS-MJR+REGNL)% Chg (since yesterday)-1.56%
http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=BW&Qty=190) BW (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=BW) BRUSH ENGINEERED MTRLS 190 $23.90 $47.68 $9,059.20 99.50% $4,518.20
Detailed Information For BW (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=BW)Last Purchase Date4/27/2006 11:52:04 AMRange High (since purchase)$49.34Days Held303 daysRange Low (since purchase)$17.67SectorBasic Materials (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Basic+Materials)IndustryMINING -MISC (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=MINING+-MISC)% Chg (since yesterday)-1.95%
http://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/plus.gifhttp://i.investopedia.com/simulator_ui/misc/minus.gif Sell (http://simulator.investopedia.com/trade/tradestock.aspx?Too=2&Sym=BGP&Qty=1200) BGP (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=BGP) BORDERS GROUP INC 1200 $24.33 $22.01 $26,412.00 -9.55% -$2,787.43
Detailed Information For BGP (http://research.investopedia.com/q.aspx?s=BGP)Last Purchase Date4/18/2006 12:57:37 PMRange High (since purchase)$24.25Days Held312 daysRange Low (since purchase)$16.20SectorRetail/Wholesale (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/sectors.aspx?sec=Retail%2fWholesale)IndustryRETAIL-MISC/DIV (http://research.investopedia.com/stock/industry.aspx?ind=RETAIL-MISC%2fDIV)% Chg (since yesterday)-1.48%
Total: $167,689.00 27.88 % $36,562.03

Kevykev
02-24-2007, 08:55 AM
I plan on getting into stocks ASAP

What do you all suggest as a great to start?

I got cash I got assets, what up?

ironchef
02-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Nice job, hopefully you've been trading some of those in a real account as well.

getto301
02-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Nice job, hopefully you've been trading some of those in a real account as well.

too young at the moment, but once i hit 18, man its gona be fun... :D

ShooterMcGavin
02-24-2007, 12:39 PM
all those are pretty big companies, something u'd buy and hold longterm, not much opportunity for "instant" returns :P

429bigblock
02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
ya im realy into stocks also

getto301
02-24-2007, 03:26 PM
all those are pretty big companies, something u'd buy and hold longterm, not much opportunity for "instant" returns :P

yup, but with COs like Lockhead, not much volatility for them, small cap companys offer biggest grow explosions but u are more liable to loose, my portfolio started with 50k and i had it for over a year probally 1 and a halfish, i got it to my current 167k because i trade small caps when the market is nicer, and i hold onto my large cos which is basically most of my current portfolio when i dont like the current situation. look the past week closing low, not good.. we had that surge of record close at the start of the year, thats when i pulled out of my small caps but ur right , currently its a long term portofilio but nuttin work with a little ETF luvving :):tongue1:

CALIWEST
02-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I plan on getting into stocks ASAP

What do you all suggest as a great to start?

I got cash I got assets, what up?

a usual good start is $2000 to start up...it gives urself enough money to actually buy more stock in positions...just keep reading the forum as me and others will post stock tips

CALIWEST
02-25-2007, 04:18 PM
who is up for this comming weekend to sit down and trade the DD and charts???
sat or sun?

ironchef
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
a usual good start is $2000 to start up...it gives urself enough money to actually buy more stock in positions...just keep reading the forum as me and others will post stock tipsDepends on what he wants to do though, buy and keep long term ones, or trade in short term..

ironchef
02-25-2007, 08:47 PM
who is up for this comming weekend to sit down and trade the DD and charts???
sat or sun?~Raises hand!~

CALIWEST
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Depends on what he wants to do though, buy and keep long term ones, or trade in short term..

$2000 is good for $1000 long term, $1000 short

CALIWEST
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
~Raises hand!~

so which day...sat night or sun afternoon?

ironchef
02-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Can't do afternoon either day, so nights better for me..

CALIWEST
02-25-2007, 10:07 PM
i say we do sat. night...this week... anywhere 7-9 pm??anyone got a specific time rather meet?

ShooterMcGavin
02-25-2007, 11:04 PM
having a party saturday nite :(

StupidBikerBoy
02-26-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm a novice and learning.

BTW, CALI, thanks for the info! +1

ironchef
02-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Stuff I'm keeping an eye on this week: NEOL, URST, PHYH, and WHKA.

CALIWEST
02-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm a novice and learning.

BTW, CALI, thanks for the info! +1

no prob man...thought i bring back the stock market stuff for ppl on IA...its good way to make good money..but also way to lose it

CALIWEST
02-26-2007, 08:09 AM
having a party saturday nite :(

how u having a party and don't invite us???
ahahahhaha...sunday?

CALIWEST
02-26-2007, 08:11 AM
for those who bought IMOT.

China Stocks Close at Record High
Associated Press 02.26.07, 6:18 AM ET

Chinese shares closed at a fresh record high Monday, the first day of trading in following a weeklong Lunar New Year holiday, as metals companies surged on stronger metals prices.

The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index gained 1.4 percent to 3,040.60, extending a spate of record high closes. The Shenzhen Composite Index rose 2.4 percent to 776.12.

Banks declined after China's central bank raised the reserve requirement ratio for commercial lenders to 10 percent from 9.5 percent, effective Sunday, in an attempt to slow lending growth.

China Merchants Bank slid 5.6 percent to 16.85 yuan, China Minsheng Banking fell 4.1 percent to 12.63 yuan and Shanghai Pudong Development Bank lost 4.8 percent to 24.26 yuan.

The hike in the reserve requirement means banks will have less money to lend to their clients, but its impact will be limited, analysts said.

But they said sentiment remained positive at the start of what is, by the Chinese zodiac calendar, the "Year of the Golden Pig."

"Market liquidity remains ample despite the reserve ratio hike and citizens will likely keep moving their deposits into the stock market," said Zhu Haibin, an analyst at Everbright Securities.

Metals companies surged on recent gains in global metal prices, with Jiangxi Copper hitting the 10 percent upside limit at 17.67 yuan and Zhongjin Gold rising 5.1 percent to 34.64 yuan.

Baoshan Iron & Steel jumped 8 percent to 10.03 yuan after the Economic Observer reported during the holiday that its parent Shanghai Baosteel Group Corp. is planning a roadshow in April for an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.

In currency dealings, the U.S. dollar was at 7.7460 yuan on the over-the-counter market around 0730 GMT, up from a close of 7.7426 yuan on Feb. 16, the last trading day before the Lunar New Year holidays.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/02/26/ap3461213.html

CALIWEST
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
such a slow day in market today...hope 2nd half picks up

ironchef
02-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Not bad went 3/4 today.

WHKA up 42.11%

URST up 7.14%

PHYH up 6.25% with spikes of 30+% up at some points in the day

NEOL down 10.87%

CALIWEST
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
look at URME...up today like crazy 12.8%
URST is the next URME...im telling you man...this is a boat thats gonna be bigger then the titanic.

im looking at like 30 more different stocks...will let you guys in on it tomorrow...after i do more DD and look at the charts

CALIWEST
02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
i see NEOL going down another 5-8% tomorrow...until next week i don't see any room for growth...should be steady from there at around 1.95 or so...next week probably go up to about 11%...so this would be a good time to buy...

NEOL is almost like FORG...FORG has gone down since friday afternoon...but i think it should build back up..i say FORG is gonna go up about 14% by friday...tomorrow should be another drop..but wednesday, thursday and friday will be going up up up

getto301
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
damn another day the markets still plunge..
the bull is gone, and the bear is back in my opion.

ShooterMcGavin
02-27-2007, 01:45 PM
asia market caused ours to take a dump today.....REALLY hoping for a big rebound tomorrow...

SniperJoe
02-27-2007, 02:16 PM
She's coming back. It took a big dive just recently, but as of right now, she is coming back around. Don't worry about this, guys. The market hadn't had a 2% correction in the past 5 years, so we were MORE than due.

ironchef
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
She's coming back. It took a big dive just recently, but as of right now, she is coming back around. Don't worry about this, guys. The market hadn't had a 2% correction in the past 5 years, so we were MORE than due.Yep, dow was down about 500 20 minutes ago, down 350 now.

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
fukin sux man...probably another day of a plunge..but will rise again near end of week

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
end of week dow will go up to maybe 450-650

ShooterMcGavin
02-27-2007, 02:39 PM
shit it better or i'm hanging myself....lol :P

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
ur not the only one...im down a lot

ironchef
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I blame your people wayne!!!!!

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
always blame waynes ppl~!!!

ShooterMcGavin
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
hey fawkers, don't make me get all communist up in this bitch :D

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
hahaha...dun make me nuke u :)

ShooterMcGavin
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
whatchu talkin about kim? ur giving up ur nukes for oil remember? :lmfao:

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 03:13 PM
hahahah...im buying uranium...so i can nuke u :)

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 03:38 PM
IMOT:

China Reportedly Halts Overseas IPOs By State-Owned Enterprises
Vivian Wai-yin Kwok, 02.27.07, 3:29 PM ET

HONG KONG - With Chinese authorities reportedly holding state-owned enterprises back from listing shares overseas and in Hong Kong, at least 12 private Chinese companies are lining up to list on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, taking advantage of the demand for public offerings of mainland businesses.

State-owned enterprises that have applied to list overseas are being redirected by the Chinese government to float shares on the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges, according to the Chinese-language Hong Kong Economic Times, with the aim of boosting the supply of equities so as to cool down the country’s overheating markets .

The China Securities Regulatory Commission hasn’t approved any state-owned enterprises’ applications to list overseas since September, the Economic Times said, without naming sources.

Investment bankers said that only a few state-owned enterprises that had obtained permission before September, such as Citic Bank, will list on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in the first half of 2007.

Initial public offerings of state-owned assets, including the record-breaking $22 billion debut of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, provided a shot in the arm to the Hong Kong stock market last year. Lacking such mega-sized floatations this year, Hong Kong investors have turned to betting on private mainland businesses.

Shares in China Huiyuan Juice, which came public last week, surged 80% in two trading days this week. At least 12 more private mainland businesses are queuing up to sell shares to Hong Kong investors in the coming months, with offerings ranging from HK$2 billion to HK$8 billion. The total is expected to be worth HK$38.7 billion ($5 billion).

The 12 include footwear chain Belle, real estate developer Biguiyuan, dairy products maker Xinjiang Gold Cattle Bio and sportswear maker Anta Group

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 10:22 PM
looking like its gonna be a bad week this whole week...after looking at all aspects...
good stocks right now would be financial stocks...

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Shanghai stocks struggled into positive territory in late- morning trading Wednesday, breaking away from a regional sell-off as Asian benchmarks fell for a second straight session, extending the dramatic decline that rippled around the world after starting in Shanghai on Tuesday.
Shanghai's Composite Index gained 0.2% to 2,775.660 in mid-morning trading Wednesday, reversing a negative performance in the first hour of trading.
The Shanghai index, which tracks shares listed on the bigger of China's two stock markets, fell 8.8% Tuesday, triggering a global sell-off that led to the biggest one-day losses in the U.S., the world's largest stock market and economy, since the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
The decline in Shanghai Tuesday was the biggest single-point drop for the benchmark index in a decade and followed concerns that the government may introduce additional macro-economic tightening measures to cool speculative activity. The Shanghai benchmark ended at an all-time high Monday.
In Tokyo, Japan's Nikkei 225 Index ended the morning session 3.6% lower at 17,475.07, as investors cut positions in blue-chips ranging from Sony Corp. (SNE : sony corp adr new
Last: 51.70-1.20-2.27%

4:04pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
SNE51.70, -1.20, -2.3%) (JP:6758: news, chart, profile) to Nomura Holdings (JP:8604: news, chart, profile) (NMR : nomura hldgs inc sponsored adr
Last: 21.50-1.22-5.37%

4:02pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

NMR21.50, -1.22, -5.4%) . Shares of Sony fell 6% while Nomura Holdings was down 7%. Japan's broader Topix Index ended the morning down 3.9% at 1,740.97.
In Tokyo currency trading, the yen weakened after touching a two-and-a-half month high against the U.S. dollar in New York. The dollar was quoted at 118.44 yen, compared to 117.89 yen in New York late Tuesday and 119.93 yen late in Tokyo during the previous session. During the New York session the yen reached an intraday high of 117.46 to the dollar, its strongest level since Dec. 15
Around Asia, Australia's S&P/ASX 200 dropped 2.3%. Shares of BHP Billiton (BHP : bhp billiton ltd sponsored adr
Last: 43.46-3.29-7.04%

4:03pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

BHP43.46, -3.29, -7.0%) (AU:BHP: news, chart, profile) fell 5.1%
South Korea's Kospi Index was down 3.1%, while Malaysia's KLSE Composite fell 5.5%. Singapore's Straits Times Index was down 5.1% and New Zealand's NZSX-50 fell 1.8%. Indonesia's JSX Composite was down 3.7%.
Markets in Taiwan were closed for a public holiday.
In other Tokyo trading, automotive shares were lower across the board. Shares of Toyota Motor Corp. (TM : toyota motor corp sp adr rep2com
Last: 132.97-4.06-2.96%

4:01pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
TM132.97, -4.06, -3.0%) (JP:7203: news, chart, profile) fell 4.1% while Honda Motor Co. (HMC : Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Last: 37.19-1.41-3.65%

4:02pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
HMC37.19, -1.41, -3.7%) (JP:7267: news, chart, profile) fell 5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index was down 3.2% to 19,507.38 in mid-morning trading. The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index, or Hong Kong-listed shares in mainland companies, was down 4.7% at 9,136.32.
Traders said some large funds were taking advantage of the sell-off to accumulate shares.
"We are starting to see some buying coming through now after the initial correction," said Andrew Sullivan, head of sales trading at Daiwa Securities SMBC in Hong Kong. "I think that some of the big institutions who hadn't been willing to buy in at 21,000 are looking to accumulate some blue chips at very good levels."
Market bellwether China Mobile (CHL : china mobile limited sponsored adr
Last: 44.16-5.12-10.39%

6:42pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

CHL44.16, -5.12, -10.4%) (HK:941: news, chart, profile) , was down 4.1% while HSBC Holdings (HK:5: news, chart, profile) (HBC : HSBC Hldgs Plc
Last: 86.37-2.57-2.89%

4:01pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
HBC86.37, -2.57, -2.9%) fell 1.2%.
Property shares were also under pressure, with blue chip Cheung Kong Holdings (CHEUY : cheung kong hldgs ltd adr
Last: 12.55-0.60-4.56%

8:11pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

CHEUY12.55, -0.60, -4.6%) (HK:1: news, chart, profile) down 4.5%.
Oil prices fell $1.06 to $60.40 a barrel in Asian electronic trading. On the New York Mercantile Exchange Tuesday, the April crude futures contract rose 7 cents to $61.46 a barrel.
Front-month gold futures plunged $16.20 to $671.00 an ounce in Asian trading. In New York Tuesday, gold for April delivery fell $2.60 to $687.20 an ounce.
On Wall Street Tuesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average ($INDU : Dow Jones Industrial Average
Last: 12,216.24-416.02-3.29%

4:30pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

$INDU12,216.24, -416.02, -3.3%) fell 415 points, or 3.3%, to close at 12,216. The S&P 500 ($SPX : S&P 500 Index
Last: 1,399.04-50.33-3.47%

4:59pm 02/27/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

$SPX1,399.04, -50.33, -3.5%) index retreated 50 points, or 3.5%, to 1,399. The Nasdaq Composite ($COMPQ : Nasdaq Composite Index
Last: 2,407.86-96.66-3.86%

12:21am 02/28/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:

$COMPQ2,407.86, -96.66, -3.9%) ended down 96 points, or 3.9%, to 2,407.

CALIWEST
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
maybe a slow day until thursday..maybe friday too...
for those who would like to know about the bounce...look at previous drops...in 1987 and also in 2001

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 08:01 AM
The following companies are among those that recently issued guidance:

Company Period Outlook Change
Federated Dept (FD) FY 2007 EPS $2.45-$2.60 New
FY 2007 Sales $27.1B-$27.6B New
1Q EPS 15c-20c New
2Q EPS 40c-45c New
Geo Group (GEO) 1Q EPS 37c-39c New
2Q EPS 47c-51c New
3Q EPS 50c-54c New
4Q EPS 56c-61c New
H.J. Heinz (HNZ) FY 2007 EPS $2.35-$2.39 Reiteration
Heidrick & Struggles (HSII) FY 2007 Rev $560M-$580M Reiteration
InVentiv Health (VTIV) FY 2007 EPS $1.53-$1.63 Was $1.49-$1.59
FY 2007 Rev $890M-$910M Was $830M-$850M
LKQ Corp (LKQX) FY 2007 EPS 95c-$1.00 New
MTC Tech (MTCT) 1Q EPS at least 21c New
1Q Rev at least $95M New
Performance Foods (PFGC) FY 2007 EPS $1.34-$1.42 Reiteration
1Q EPS 17c-20c Reiteration
RadioShack (RSH) FY 2007 EPS $1.00-$1.20 New
Sirius Satellite (SIRI) FY 2007 Rev near $1B New
Tower Group (TWGP) FY 2007 EPS $2.40-$2.50 Reiteration
1Q EPS 44c-48c New
Tuesday Morning (TUES) FY 2007 EPS 85c-90c New
FY 2007 Sales $975M-$985M New

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM
The Shanghai Composite Index Finished UP 3.94% ^SSEC - http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=000001.SS&t=1d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=
Confirmed on news this morning.
http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=asia
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5EDJI,%5EIXIC,%5EN225,%5ESSEC,%5EHSI,%5EFTSE&d=s

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 08:41 AM
IMOT:
Nanhai District Enterprise Growth Investment Trust Fund to be Established to Foster China SME Development
Wednesday February 28, 9:35 am ET

SHENZHEN, China, Feb. 28 /Xinhua-PRNewswire/ -- The Intermost Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: IMOT - News), a leading electronic online equity exchange service provider in China, announces news from the Shenzhen International Hi-Tech Property Rights Exchange Center ("Shenzhen Exchange") that the "Nanhai District Enterprise Growth Investment Trust Fund" will be established in the first quarter of 2007. The fund caters to local innovative enterprises that cannot meet with the listing requirements on the Small and Medium Enterprise Board. As an important shareholder of the Shenzhen Exchange, the Intermost Corporation will closely collaborate with the new establishment.

It is reported that the Shenzhen Exchange has entered into agreements with several trust companies in Shenzhen on establishing the "Nanhai District Enterprise Growth Investment Trust Fund". The fund plans to last for three to four years, with governmental subsidies of approximately 50 million RMB to 100 million RMB. It prioritizes companies that have entered the program of "Growth Road Map of Innovative Enterprises".

According to the stipulations of this program, each innovative enterprise will be subsidized with 100,000 RMB to 1,000,000 RMB in the process of shareholding reform, depository, pre-listing consultancy, and listing. Companies that go public receive subsidies as high as 3.1 million RMB. In 2006, fifty-eight enterprises entered the program, of which thirty-eight gained subsidies of 20.5 million RMB.

Both industrial investment funds and venture investment funds are private equity funds targeting non-listed equities. Hi-tech venture investment funds target industries like IT, biochemistry, communications, and medical care. The China economy is calling for more venture investment funds.

The Shenzhen Exchange is the only hi-tech equity exchange in China authorized a name of "China" and "International". It is also one of the best performing exchanges. In 2006, its total trading volume achieved RMB 45.8 billion, increased by 40% compared to the previous year. Both revenue and profit renewed the records. The Intermost Corporation owns a 15% share in the Shenzhen Exchange. Its acting CEO Mr. Xiangxiong Deng is also the Vice- Chairman of the Shenzhen Exchange.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
INRA:

INRA > .235, WINS Settlement With ABB, NOT PR'd Yet!

Innova (OTCBB: INRA) subsidiary RWT wins trade secrets settlement against ABB...Summary:

=> A Motion to Approve Settlement and proposed Stipulated Order of Dismissal jointly filed by INRA and ABB late afternoon on 02-26-07 in the case (YESTERDAY!) (2:04-cv-00611-TAW-SPC Robotic Workspace Technologies, Inc. (INRA subsidiary) v. ABB, Inc. et al) http://www.flmd.uscourts.gov/

=> Judge approved the motion this afternoon 2/27/07, and settlement is rumored to be in the 8 figures (more than INRA's entire market cap).

=> INRA has not PRed the settlement (yet) -- it was uncovered by INRA shareholders on the PACER court docket system after-hours on 02/26/07.

=> INRA brought the trade secrets lawsuit against ABB in late 2004, each side fought a nasty battle for over two years. It was rumored that during mediation ABB offered INRA $10Mil to settle and it was flatly rejected.

=> ABB's expert later made what many believe was a �smoking gun� admission in a deposition that ABB did not have the combined technology in dispute until after an April 2002 meeting where an acquisition by ABB had been discussed

=> A year later ABB coincidentally had a rival product that apparently had much of the INRA technology that was demonstrated to ABB execs during that April 2002 meeting.

=> INRA's Feb. 20, 2007 Trial Brief stated:
"At trial, the evidence will show that the likelihood of two entities independently creating and using the nine technical trade secrets is over 500,000 to 1 or less than 1/200th of 1%. RWT (INRA) created the unique combination of trade secrets and ABB took and used them."

How much is this technology worth?

According to INRA's Trial Brief: ABB's profits for just this one rival product (IRC5) through May 2006 soared to $58 million and are projected to reach $78 million by March 2007. Under the law, if those profits were obtained through misappropriation, they must be forfeited or, at a minimum, a reasonable royalty paid to RWT for their use. Fla. Stat. 688.004.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Iron...Great call today~!!!

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:04 AM
my predictions for the day...my top 5 picks.

INRA, ECFL, URST, WITM, IAUS

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:07 AM
FORG will go up at least 1.44 by friday. (prediction)

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
USSE:

U.S. Sustainable to Receive Nine Hundred Million Common Shares of ONYI as Consid
ration for Exclusive Distribution Rights Granted

CHICAGO, IL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 02/28/07 -- United Ethanol Group, Inc. (OTCBB:
NYI) has
signed a definitive agreement with U.S. Sustainable Energy Corp.
(PINKSHEETS: USSE), allowing for the formal creation of a new partnership
to integrate technology processes for market entrance into the lucrative
automotive and transportation fuel sectors.

The exclusive license allows United Ethanol Group and subsidiary
Diversified Ethanol to maximize the value of future ethanol production, by
utilizing the USSEC technologies and biofuel processes within the company's
own proprietary manufacturing methods. Together the partnership is able to
significantly reduce the costs traditionally associated with ethanol
production, providing the group with significant competitive advantages for
manufacturing contracts and turnkey production facilities.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:12 AM
VLXC:

CC today at 4:30..if things go well in CC, might move to nasdaq..should raise stock by 20-30%

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:30 AM
URST:

PR NEWS: (Should see stock go up near end of week)

Uranium Star Corp. Acquires Remaining 25% Ownership of its Sagar Uranium/Gold Property
Wednesday February 28, 8:30 am ET

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Feb. 28, 2007) - Uranium Star Corp. ("Uranium Star") (OTCBB:URST - News; FRANKFURT:YE5 - News) is pleased to announce that it has solidified its interest in the Sagar Uranium/Gold property located in the Labrador Trough, Northern Quebec by acquiring the remaining 25% interest from Virginia Mines Inc.
A

Pursuant to an agreement dated May 2, 2006 entered into with Virginia Mines Inc. (traded on the TSX under the symbol VGQ), Uranium Star received the option to acquire an undivided 75% participating interest in 200 claims constituting the "Sagar Property", located in the Labrador Trough in Northern Quebec. Pursuant to that agreement, Virginia exercised its right to sell an additional 25% undivided interest in the Sagar Property to Uranium Star. The consideration payable by Uranium Star is comprised of 1,000,000 shares of Uranium Star's common stock, and a warrant exercisable for 1,000,000 shares of Uranium Star's common stock at a price equal to the weighted average closing price for Uranium Star's common stock for the 20 trading days preceding the date of grant. The warrant has a term of 2 years.

Uranium Star has acquired a 100% interest in the Sagar Property, subject to a 1% NSR on certain claims and a 0.5% NSR on other claims owned by Jones & Poisson. Uranium Star has the right to buy back half of the 1% NSR (0.5%) for $200,000 and half of the 0.5% NSR (0.25%) for $100,000.

Under the agreement with Virginia, Uranium Star must incur aggregate exploration expenditures of at least $2,000,000 on the Sagar Property on or before August 31, 2008.

Sagar Property

The Sagar Property is the Company's primary exploration focus as it possesses exceptional grades for both uranium and gold. The Mistamisk Boulder Field is approximately 500 X 250 meters in size and contains many radioactive boulders. In a Virginia Mines report, 70 boulders assayed an average of 64.9 g/t Au and 1.3% U (with values up to 640 g/t Au and 16.5% U). Uranium Star is the direct beneficiary of the extensive exploration efforts incurred by previous operators including Virginia. These programs have shown that the Sagar Property is characterized by an impressive amount of uranium, gold, copper and lead/zinc mineralization of different styles and potential deposit models.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
keep an eye out for INSM

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Uranium chart
http://www.uxc.com/review/uxc_g_2yr-price.html

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 12:01 PM
INRA up +.09 (+40.91)

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Summer time could see uranium boost up to $100/lb. currently sitting at $85/lb

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 12:18 PM
PTCH:

Should be shooting up like crazy by March 31
They will have new wells drilled and they just raised 20 million in warrants and are now going to make the move to the AMEX...

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 01:13 PM
looks like a slow returning market. should boost up tomorrow.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 02:43 PM
for those looking to buy ECFL...today its been a choppy day...a lot of volume be4 10am this morning and then died out...although it is in a slump for majority of day...it stayed within the medium...(.019). This is a worthy stock, but until the merger actually happens, it looks to be a slow rising. The intial shock of the stock jumping from .0145 to .017 (.0025+) before the market hit. i say within this week, should look at maybe .021. once merger happens we could have a spike of maybe, lets say up to .038.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 02:49 PM
INRA:

has not announced the PR, is still good time to buy imo. once PR announced..we could see another 24%+ increase in stock

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
my predictions for the day...my top 5 picks.

INRA, ECFL, URST, WITM, IAUS

Last Change Change % Open High Low Volume
INRA- 0.28 0.06 27.27 0.235 0.33 0.23 5,088,261
ECFL- 0.018 0.0035 24.14 0.0145 0.0215 0.017 49,734,544
URST- 1.50 0.12 8.70 1.47 1.50 1.34 294,650
WITM- 0.86 0.08 10.26 0.771 0.95 0.74 3,322,784
IAUS- 1.15 0.27 30.68 0.88 1.23 0.88 427,689

5/5 ON THE DOT...

TOMORROW I WILL HAVE TO SAY THESE ARE MY 5 TO LOOK AT:
URST, ECFL, HYPF, INRA, IMOT

ironchef
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Hoe you didnt call ECFL :D.

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I called it after talking to you..BIATCH~!!!

CALIWEST
02-28-2007, 11:32 PM
SIRUS and XM merger:

Dem Lawmaker:Sat Radio Merger Should Be OK'd With ConditionsLast update: 2/28/2007 4:32:04 PM

By Corey Boles
Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The tie-up between Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. (SIRI) and XM Radio Holdings Inc. (XMSR) should be given the green light as long as the companies agree to a series of voluntary conditions and to freeze prices, Rep. Rick Boucher, D-Va., said Wednesday. Boucher, a member of both the House Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Task Force and the House Commerce Committee's telecommunications subcommittee, said that as long as the companies agreed to conditions suggested by public interest group Public Knowledge, the merger should be allowed to proceed. The lawmaker made the comment during a hearing of the task force into the satellite radio merger. In her testimony earlier, Gigi B. Sohn, president of Public Knowledge proposed a series of conditions on the deal. The companies would have to allow consumers to subscribe on a channel-by-channel basis or by tiered programming; they must agree to make 5% of capacity available to noncommercial, educational purposes and should agree to freeze prices for three years after the merger is complete. "I would think that if those conditions are reached, the merger should be allowed to proceed," said Boucher. Sirius Chief Executive Mel Karmazin wouldn't commit himself to the conditions but had earlier pledged to cut rates after the merger was completed. Boucher has a long-standing interest in telecommunications issues and is viewed as one of the authorities on the subject in Congress. - By Corey Boles, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-6637; [email protected] (END) Dow Jones NewswiresFebruary 28, 2007 16:32 ET (21:32 GMT)Copyright © 2007 MarketWatch, Inc. All rights reserved. Please see

CALIWEST
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM
today has been sooo crazy...ups n downs...after lunch..we shall see

CALIWEST
03-01-2007, 11:53 AM
market seem to have calmed down now...seems like a morning bust

ShooterMcGavin
03-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Stocks fight back
Major gauges erase most of morning losses as some investors see the selloff as a chance to get back in at lower levels; bonds rise; oil prices rebound.
By Alexandra Twin, CNNMoney.com senior writer
March 1 2007: 11:30 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Wall Street cut its losses in late morning trade Thursday, stabilizing after a steep early selloff amid another decline in overseas markets and a big jump in a key inflation measure.

A surprisingly strong read on the manufacturing sector of the economy and a willingness of select buyers to step in after the recent battering helped temper losses.

The Dow Jones industrial average (Charts) slipped about 28 points or 0.2 percent, after falling about 200 points near the open.

The broader S&P 500 (Charts) index lost 0.1 percent and the Nasdaq (Charts) composite lost 0.3 percent.

Trying to limit declines, the New York Stock Exchange imposed downside trading curbs at 9:45 a.m. ET, CNN confirmed.

Survive the market drop
Stocks managed modest gains Wednesday, as Wall Street tried to stabilize after Tuesday's battering, in which the Dow saw its worst one-day point loss since the day the market reopened after the Sept. 11 attacks.

A 9 percent decline for the Shanghai market Tuesday is what got the ball rolling, creating a bit of a domino effect as markets in a variety of countries slumped in response to China and other factors.

Stocks stabilized Wednesday but gains were slight, despite comments from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke that provided some comfort.

On Thursday, the pummeling resumed in the first half hour of trading, with the Dow down more than 200 points as investors eyed another steep selloff in Chinese markets and a subsequent decline in European markets.

However, as the morning wore on, the selling let up, as a "cushion of cash" flowed into the market, said Fred Dickson, chief market strategist at D.A. Davidson & Co.

"We have some investors who have been waiting for the kind of dip we've seen over the last few days and are using this as an opportunity to come back in," Dickson said.

Despite this, "the nervousness and change of sentiment that we've seen over the last few days is going to be with us for a while, at least until we see a turnaround in the global markets," Dickson said.

CALIWEST
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Iron...great call 2 days ago man...BIG BOOM~!!! looking to go higher

CALIWEST
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
NEOL:

NEOPHARM Announces Fiscal 2006 Conference Call and Update on CINTREDEKIN BESUDOTOX
Thursday March 1, 4:05 pm ET

WAUKEGAN, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NEOPHARM, Inc. (Nasdaq:NEOL - News) today announced that Guillermo Herrera, President and Chief Executive Officer, and other members of senior management, will hold a conference call and webcast to discuss fourth-quarter and full-year 2006 operating results and provide an update on CINTREKIN BESUDOTOX.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 @ 11:00 a.m. Eastern/8:00 a.m. Pacific

Domestic: 866-831-6224, passcode 49061177
International: 617-213-8853, passcode 49061177

Simultaneous webcast and replays: www.neopharm.com

Audio replays will be available through March 21, 2007.

Domestic: 888-286-8010, passcode 52926685
International: 617-801-6888, passcode 52926685

NEOPHARM's Commitment to Oncology

NEOPHARM employees share a common goal: bringing hope to cancer patients and their families through the research and development of new cancer drugs and therapies. The Company's oncology portfolio is built on two novel, proprietary platforms: a tumor-targeting platform, and the NeoLipid® Liposomal Drug Delivery platform. Through its research and clinical studies, as well as its work with physicians, scientists, and advocacy groups, NEOPHARM is helping to enhance the lives of cancer patients.

CALIWEST
03-02-2007, 08:32 AM
stocks to watch today:

ECFL, NEOL, WITM, INSM, MRMT

ironchef
03-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Yea im leet, ECFL ftw.

CALIWEST
03-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Great call...u get a cookie

CALIWEST
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
looking into GRUS and NEXA...could be another WGLT

CALIWEST
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
TTEN

CALIWEST
03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
EFTI:

TAMPA, Fla., Feb 27, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- EarthFirst Technologies, Inc. ("EarthFirst" or "the Company") (EFTI : earthfirst technologies inc com
News , chart , profile , more
Last: 0.10+0.01+11.11%

2:32pm 03/02/2007

Analyst
Create alertInsider
Discuss
Financials
Sponsored by:
EFTI0.10, +0.01, +11.1%) today announced that it has postponed its investor conference call, originally scheduled for today, February 27, 2007, to March 6, 2007. Details for joining the newly scheduled call follow below.
In discussing the conference call, John Stanton, Chairman of EarthFirst Technologies Inc. stated, "We greatly apologize for the postponement of the conference call, but at this time we have decided it would be best to postpone the call one week. Although I am precluded from giving any details, please understand that these are very exciting times for EarthFirst and I look forward to discussing the reasoning for the delay on the call next week."
The Company requests that any questions wishing to be addressed on this conference call be emailed in advance to [email protected] .
Interested parties may hear and participate in the call by telephone.
Instructions for the call are: To hear the conference call as it takes place: Call 800-391-2548 in the United States or; Call 866-627-1646 in Canada or; Call 302-709-8328 Internationally Verbal Pass code: VT88443 To hear a recording of the call (available for 30 days following the conference call): Call 402-220-2946 Pin Code: 88443
About EarthFirst Technologies, Incorporated
EarthFirst Technologies, http://www.earthfirsttech.com, is a specialized holding company engaged in researching, developing and commercializing technologies for the production of alternative fuel sources and the destruction and/or remediation of liquid and solid wastes, and in supplying electrical contracting services to commercial and government customers internationally. Through its subsidiary World Environmental Solutions Company (WESCO), EarthFirst markets solid waste remediation plants utilizing a proprietary Catalytic Activated Distillation (CAVD) process, which is a superior technology developed by EarthFirst to recycle rubber tires and other waste by heating the material without burning it. Through its subsidiary Electric Machinery Enterprises, Inc., http://www.e-m-e.com, the Company provides electrical contracting services both as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor, electrical support for industrial and commercial buildings, power generation stations, and water and sewage plants in the US and abroad. Through its subsidiary EarthFirst Americas, Inc., the Company is engaged in the global development, marketing and distribution of biofuels.
Investors are cautioned that certain statements contained in this document as well as some statements in periodic press releases and some oral statement of EFTI officials are "Forward-Looking Statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the "Act"). Forward-looking statements include statements which are predictive in nature, which depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, which include words such as "believes," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "expects," and similar expressions. In addition, any statements concerning future financial performance (including future revenues, earnings or growth rates), ongoing business strategies or prospects, and possible future EFTI actions, which may be provided by management, are also forward-looking statements as defined by the Act. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to materially differ from any future results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and to vary significantly from reporting period to reporting period. Although management believes that the assumptions made and expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, there is no assurance that the underlying assumptions will, in fact, prove to be correct or that actual future results will not be different from the expectations expressed in this report. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and EFTI has no specific intention to update these statements.
SOURCE: EarthFirst Technologies, Inc.

CALIWEST
03-02-2007, 03:40 PM
came out winner today~!!

getto301
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
BRUSH ENGINEERED MTRLS (NYSE:BW)

mm mmm mm im cashing in, 100% return :)

bought this nice lil beuti at 23.90

Sell BW BRUSH ENGINEERED MTRLS 190 $23.90 $47.80 $9,082.00 100.00% $4,541.00
Detailed Information For BW
Last Purchase Date 4/27/2006 11:52:04 AM Range High (since purchase) $49.34
Days Held 329 days Range Low (since purchase) $17.67
Sector Basic Materials Industry MINING -MISC
% Chg (since yesterday) 1.27% Competitors

ironchef
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Nice one.

getto301
04-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone else is gona play RBC for long term?

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=RBC

got 800 at 46.16, their currently set as overweight, but a few sources like forbes and the street, are sayin banking and infrastructure will rise this year
ima take a shot.

blaknoize
04-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Well... I'd like to get INTO stocks, or investing. Anyone with any pointers, I'd SURE like to know and learn a thing or two about them.

acr91
05-13-2007, 01:16 AM
watch ppd people are sleeping on it because public does not understand direct sales has nearly doubled in last in last quarter

Kevykev
05-14-2007, 08:06 PM
www.tmtt.com

(Teach Me to Trade)

Workshops 1.5-2hrs long

May 15 May 16 in @ the Mariott

Then Another in Alpharetta!

Absolutely Free.... Heading down there tomorrow!

For beginners and seasoned investors, Check it out.

I will!

ash7
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I was watching BW too Getto... decided to go with NOK instead as a safer bet, but perhaps i should have taken a shot in the industrial sector. :)

...dang

ironchef
05-15-2007, 12:44 AM
www.tmtt.com (http://www.tmtt.com)

(Teach Me to Trade)

Workshops 1.5-2hrs long

May 15 May 16 in @ the Mariott

Then Another in Alpharetta!

Absolutely Free.... Heading down there tomorrow!

For beginners and seasoned investors, Check it out.

I will!Sweet link! Just signed up for the 12:30 one in Alpharetta on Thursday. Anyone going to that one?