PDA

View Full Version : Maintainence Time

ludacraze
02-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I was just wondering what you'll do when the maintainence light comes on or turns red on ya'll cars. I have a 98 Prelude SH, and I don't want to take it to the dealership and pay them $300 for maintainence on a car with 113k miles on it.

So I wanted to know what you guys do (besides changing the oil and spark plugs) and get some suggestions, thanks.

devin
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
change oil and reset light

ludacraze
02-22-2007, 11:24 AM
So I wanted to know what you guys do (besides changing the oil and spark plugs) and get some suggestions, thanks.

^^^

devin
02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
timing belt

Vteckidd
02-22-2007, 11:37 AM
with 113k miles i would do a Timing Belt, Water Pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires , and oil change

SLow_POke
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
with 113k miles i would do a Timing Belt, Water Pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires , and oil change

what i would do is take it to maintstream, i heard they do preventive MAINTENANCE:goodjob:

jmmx258
02-22-2007, 11:40 AM
timing belt

I believe that should've been donea bout 23k ago! lol

I usually change oil, plug and wires obviouisly. But I dont wait for my CEL to come on. As far as my belts go, my last adjustment on ANY belt is when there is room for one more adjust ment after. I dont like taking my adjuster to the limit at all. Just a habit, not the best, but a safe assumption too. I also like to pull my CV boots off and pack some grease in there too. Check brakes, periodically bleed new fluid through them and the clutch if hydro i'm cable and its a brand new one so i'm constantly adjusting that damned thing. Thats really all i can think of.

ludacraze
02-23-2007, 09:54 AM
what i would do is take it to maintstream, i heard they do preventive MAINTENANCE:goodjob:

Where is this mainstream place?

How much do they charge for the preventive maintainence and what exactly do they do in their preventive maintainence?

Vteckidd
02-23-2007, 10:41 AM
mainstreamperformance.com

TIming belt and waterpump packages run $375 (OEM BELT AND OEM WATER PUMP) with labor included

The maintanence light is nothing to be worried about, it can be turned off. but what we are saying is with 113k miles, your long overdue for a timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires

Z U L8R
02-23-2007, 05:16 PM
you should just turn your maintenence light off and drive it for another 20,000 miles so your timing belt can break on the highway and you can bend your valves because it's smarter to buy a whole new engine or car a year from now than to spend $350-500 for a major tune up and not have to do that stuff again for another 100k miles. why spend $20 for an oil change, don't even change your oil for another 20,000 miles, $20 is a shit load. why do people take care of their cars? wtf? it's not like anyone needs a car. there's way less maintenence on a bicycle, plus bicycles don't sound like farting bumble bees when you put apc mufflers on em. the bike would be pimp, you could wire a 9v battery and use duct tape to mount the SUNPRO a/f guage ^_^ 1337n355