PDA

View Full Version : Misc Does God Exist? - A mature discussion

David88vert
02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Basics:
This discussion will NOT have a final yes or no. The answer is really in your faith.
This is not for bashing Christians, athesists, or for talking about the Crusades or "how all wars are about religion". Or how everyone that doesn't believe is going to hell.
This is only a discussion for scientific observations both for and against the notion of God existing.
Be prepared to back up statements with facts/observations.

The $64,000 question: Does God exist?

Specific topics (feel free to add more):
Complexity of the human brain
Size/expansion of the universe
Space/Time
Decay into chaos vs creation of order
Physically measurable complexities

never2loud
02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
actually someone already answered this with a long ass term paper that he turned into his professor in college. but it was mainly about does heaven exist, but u could tie this in with it, it hits all those points you wanted, and i cant remember who did it or where to find it, but someone posted it a longtime ago when we had a religion section on IA. so find that and youll get your answer.

{{{{{ or read the bible}}}}

thats all im saying nothing else, i dont have the facts to show you so you wont believe, and i dont know how to put it to make you understand, and i havent fully read the bible, so im not gonna act like a hypocrite, all i can say is read the bible, no more no less, but intrested in what answers ur gonna get.

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 08:47 PM
i guess u didn't read the part about "this discussion will NOT have a final yes or no"

never2loud
02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
well its not a answer i mean but i has all those points that he wanted, its actually pretty intresting, and i dont think it gave a clear answer either, i didnt mean it said yes or no. but u can find it s very intresting to read, like nothing youve ever read before. and a stuednt wrote it as a term paper, that pretty neat.

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
well its not a answer i mean but i has all those points that he wanted, its actually pretty intresting, and i dont think it gave a clear answer either, i didnt mean it said yes or no. but u can find it s very intresting to read, like nothing youve ever read before. and a stuednt wrote it as a term paper, that pretty neat.

i would love to read it
but i would also love to not get a migrane

that kind of stuff has so many different elements to it that there is never a clear answer and will only leave you more and more confused.

you gotta wonder if being ignorant is better sometimes on a topic like this, everytime it is discussed i find my view tweaked a little bit

Hulud
02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Ok first off, whats the "Who wants to be a millionaire" references tonite? lol

My answer is quite simple

Who knows?

All i know is faith is not enough, i mean has anyone on this site ever looked up the term "faith"?

If not, you may want to.

OK I'm straying again....

I dont know if a god exists or not, because I am not ignorant enough to say there is or isnt a god. There is no logical way to prove there is/isnt a god. But i know one thing, i will never accept the "faith" in a god.

idriveasloweclipse
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
"The God Delusion" is a good book to read on this topic if you want the scientific side of the debate. Dawkins is the man.

Hulud
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
thats all im saying nothing else, i dont have the facts to show you so you wont believe, and i dont know how to put it to make you understand, and i havent fully read the bible, so im not gonna act like a hypocrite, all i can say is read the bible, no more no less, but intrested in what answers ur gonna get.
thats only if you want the christian version of a god

Hulud
02-21-2007, 08:57 PM
"The God Delusion" is a good book to read on this topic if you want the scientific side of the debate. Dawkins is the man.
yea i may pick that one up, i want to pick up "Holy Blood, Holy Grail "

never2loud
02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
man i'll pray for HUlud, you got a way for words, and alotta knowledge, sucks that it isnt for god though So ill pray for you.

Spectic Tank
02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
no:taun:

Driftk1d350z
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
yes

Capt._Ron
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
To me the mathematical probability of the correct events and correct sequence of events necessary to form life on this planet are just to overwhelming for me to believe that there is not a God. There are many variables that have be exact for life as we know it to exist and the combinations of these variables are nearly infinite. I just can not fathom that the exact combination came by chance. I think that there must be some type of intelligent design(God) to make things happen the way they did. Furthermore, how did these variables come about in the first place. I know the next question would be then who created God and I definately have no answer for that.

yomomsucka
02-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Everyone here needs to go out and buy the book "Letters from a Skeptic".

Then post.

gtikid
02-21-2007, 09:11 PM
A higher being...yes. Religion? :lmfao: I love all these kids who say God blah blah blah Jesus blah blah blah Muslim blah blah blah no pork blah blah blah, but who go out and contradict EVERYTHING they just said in every other kind of way.

Every religion/holy book says the samething, how to live a decent life. It's the same shit over and over

Capt._Ron
02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Im sure there are 1000's of books, letters, essays, dicertations, and other stuff to read on the subject since man has basically been trying to answer this question since his creation or formation or evolution or whatever

Spectic Tank
02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
yes

your conclusion does not include a smiley...that automatically makes it false

Maniaç
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
*Real Talk*

I strongly dought it... im sure there is a bigger life form out there... but not the creator of Life. God can mean alot of things.... creator/ father/ anything.

Life: Humans/ Animals/ Planets/ Ect.

Shawn
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I beleive god exists.
Is it the same god for everyone? honestly, i really think there is only one God, for every religion, now whatever BS some religions throw in after that, I dont beleive.

Do I beleive in organized religion? yes, as long as it is not taken to far, and if the people running the organization are not in it for personal gain(profit, etc.)

Do I believe in all religions? No, I dont, I think some of them take things too far, or dont have good reasoning for what they preach.

Do I beleive in Christianity? Nope. Now flame away :rolleyes:

PS- I probably spelt belive wrong everytime.

gtikid
02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I beleive god exists.
Is it the same god for everyone? honestly, i really think there is only one God, for every religion, now whatever BS some religions throw in after that, I dont beleive.

Do I beleive in organized religion? yes, as long as it is not taken to far, and if the people running the organization are not in it for personal gain(profit, etc.)

Do I believe in all religions? No, I dont, I think some of them take things too far, or dont have good reasoning for what they preach.

Do I beleive in Christianity? Nope. Now flame away :rolleyes:

PS- I probably spelt belive wrong everytime.

OMG UR GONNA BURN IN THE WRECHES OF HELL!! YOU HERETIC!!!

:lmfao:

Every religion preaches the samething just adds their own twist to it ya know. Sit back and think about, every one says don't kill/steal/cheat/have sex/suck dick/have anal sex/be gay/etc....

David88vert
02-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok, so to start this off. Here is a chart of 47 basic principals of Earths design. If just 1 of the 47 wa off just slightly, we would not exist. So, if thsi Earth happened by chance, and not by the design of a god, the probability that I would not be posting this would be astronomically high.

(table wouldn't post, so download attachment)

gtikid
02-21-2007, 09:36 PM
So now God's a scientist then...

gtikid
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
A mad scientist is better put...

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 09:43 PM

no he is a little kid with a magnifying glass and we are his ants... :crazy:

David88vert
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
So now God's a scientist then...

Wouldn't a god that created everything and put physical laws in place know a little bit more than any human? Use some common sense before posting. And try to keep to technical discussion if you can.

Spectic Tank
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM

Yea, god was nerd...

ARH1192
02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
someone should make a pole.. that would be interesting to see how many do believe or dont.. or who is still unsure

gtikid
02-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Wouldn't a god that created everything and put physical laws in place know a little bit more than any human? Use some common sense before posting. And try to keep to technical discussion if you can.

Are you really gonna tell me that God was just bored one day at home and was like "man you know what, let's create people!! We can grow them like chea-pets. O and even better yet!! I can make them different colors to make it interesting. I dont like black, so neither will the rest of the world." Are you fucking serious?

And if your saying that he created us, then why wouldn't he create 50 million more planet/species just like us? Believe me, if I was bored and could do that, I would. O and also GOD, decided to make Islam and Christianity and every other prehistoric religion that came waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before either of those 2, just to throw people off a little bit right?

SampaGuy
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
http://faculty.msb.edu/homak/HomaHelpSite/WebHelp/image26.jpg

its dumb not to believe in god

David88vert
02-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Are you really gonna tell me that God was just bored one day at home and was like "man you know what, let's create people!! We can grow them like chea-pets. O and even better yet!! I can make them different colors to make it interesting. I dont like black, so neither will the rest of the world." Are you fucking serious?

And if your saying that he created us, then why wouldn't he create 50 million more planet/species just like us? Believe me, if I was bored and could do that, I would. O and also GOD, decided to make Islam and Christianity and every other prehistoric religion that came waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before either of those 2, just to throw people off a little bit right?

Nope, I'm not going to tell you that. It's pretty clear what his purpose is - if you were to sit down and read it for yourself. According to the Bible, it is to have people choose of their own free will to worship him. That's it, it's pretty much that simple. The trick is giving people free will to choose and then convincing them to chose the right way - without interfering.

Think of it this way. You want a girl to love you, but you want to make certain that it is because she loves you - not your money, power, etc. The only way you can do that is to remove those items from her view ahead of time, and you can't force her to love you either. You can only give your leve and hope she returns it. Is that simple enough for you?

People can choose to do anything they want - inside some basic confines.

Now, can we get back on topic?

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
someone should make a pole.. that would be interesting to see how many do believe or dont.. or who is still unsure

i just made one, vote

gtikid
02-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Nope, I'm not going to tell you that. It's pretty clear what his purpose is - if you were to sit down and read it for yourself. According to the Bible, it is to have people choose of their own free will to worship him. That's it, it's retty much that simple. The trick is giving people free will to choose and then convincing them to chose the right way - without interfering.

Think of it this way. You want a girl to love you, but you wnat to make certain that it is because she loves you - not your money, power, etc. The only way you can do that is to remove those items from her view ahead of time, and you can't force her to love you either. You can only give your leve and hope she returns it. Is that simple enough for you?

People can choose to do anything they want - inside some basic confines.

Now, can we get back on topic?

What is the right way? Like i've said before, every religion share the same views on the "right way" of living life. And if you really look at it, the "right way" is really just having human deceny.

We are on the topic. We're on the topic if God exists, and now we are discussing why each one of us believes how we do. If you just wanted to know who believed in god and who doesnt, just make a poll. Don't complain about people not believing in what you believe and the way you believe.

So prove to me this....or try at least. How do you know that your god is "the right one"/"the correct one"? There have been MANY MANY MANY before him, who people believed to be "the one". There have been many different religions that existed way before the one you believe in. So your saying all those were wrong?

David88vert
02-21-2007, 10:11 PM
What is the right way? Like i've said before, every religion share the same views on the "right way" of living life. And if you really look at it, the "right way" is really just having human deceny.

We are on the topic. We're on the topic if God exists, and now we are discussing why each one of us believes how we do. If you just wanted to know who believed in god and who doesnt, just make a poll. Don't complain about people not believing in what you believe and the way you believe.

So prove to me this....or try at least. How do you know that your god is "the right one"/"the correct one"? There have been MANY MANY MANY before him, who people believed to be "the one". There have been many different religions that existed way before the one you believe in. So your saying all those were wrong?

You've completely missed the point. Read the start again. There is not yes or no to this. This thread is for discussing things that help prove OR disprove the existence of God. It has nothing to do with how to get to heaven, which god is the true god, etc. Look at theoretic and factual evidence - universal design, life processes, etc. This isn't just a "I believe" thread. Everyone either believes in the existence of God, or doesn't - based completely upon their personal faith.

gtikid
02-21-2007, 10:15 PM
You've completely missed the point. Read the start again. There is not yes or no to this. This thread is for discussing things that help prove OR disprove the existence of God. It has nothing to do with how to get to heaven, which god is the true god, etc. Look at theoretic and factual evidence - universal design, life processes, etc. This isn't just a "I believe" thread. Everyone either believes in the existence of God, or doesn't - based completely upon their personal faith.

Exactly, if you wanted a yes or no, just make a fucking poll like the other guy did. Not that hard. Now your getting all bent when someone challenges your beliefs.

I am looking at theoretical and factual evidence. "In the beginning God made Earth, the seas, the animals, and man." O shit did he really? Then who the fuck created the dinosaurs and the cavemen that have been FOUND and dig up and exist as evidence of life thousands of years ago? :thinking: :screwy:...

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:15 PM
OMG UR GONNA BURN IN THE WRECHES OF HELL!! YOU HERETIC!!!

:lmfao:

Every religion preaches the samething just adds their own twist to it ya know. Sit back and think about, every one says don't kill/steal/cheat/have sex/suck dick/have anal sex/be gay/etc....
its because the 3 main religions (in the US) are all derevatives(sp?) of the same thing

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:16 PM
there is a poll on this please use the seach function

gtikid
02-21-2007, 10:17 PM
its because the 3 main religions (in the US) are all derevatives(sp?) of the same thing

Yup, and so is every other religion ever created. Really, look at the basis of other religions/believe and they're the samething...

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Ok, so to start this off. Here is a chart of 47 basic principals of Earths design. If just 1 of the 47 wa off just slightly, we would not exist. So, if thsi Earth happened by chance, and not by the design of a god, the probability that I would not be posting this would be astronomically high.

(table wouldn't post, so download attachment)
are you kidding me?

how does that prove theres a god?

have you ever thought about the different planets? why arent there lifeforms that we've found yet? BECAUSE OF THAT UNLIKELY probability of it happening

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
i knew this thread was just a ploy for you to srping on some random info that you think proves theres a god

but whatever

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Yup, and so is every other religion ever created. Really, look at the basis of other religions/believe and they're the samething...
yea true

gtikid
02-21-2007, 10:23 PM
i knew this thread was just a ploy for you to srping on some random info that you think proves theres a god

but whatever

:lmfao: :smileowne...

Capt._Ron
02-21-2007, 10:32 PM
The thing that gets me is, if you believe in some type of god or God, have you really lost anything here in this life. Even if this is it and there is nothing else then in the grand scheme of things oh well you believed something that wasnt true and now your just as dead as the guy who didnt believe. But, if there is something else and you did have to have faith to get that something else then the guy who didnt believe is screwed. The way I see is if someone wants to believe their life will be no worse for believing so its like a win/win situation cause if your wrong your no worse off than the other guy.

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:37 PM
The thing that gets me is, if you believe in some type of god or God, have you really lost anything here in this life. Even if this is it and there is nothing else then in the grand scheme of things oh well you believed something that wasnt true and now your just as dead as the guy who didnt believe. But, if there is something else and you did have to have faith to get that something else then the guy who didnt believe is screwed. The way I see is if someone wants to believe their life will be no worse for believing so its like a win/win situation cause if your wrong your no worse off than the other guy.
:lmao:

you cant just believe in something that doesnt exist to you :doh:

David88vert
02-21-2007, 10:41 PM
About DNA

DNA is comprised of the DNA language and the DNA molecule. The molecule is the carrier for the code. Think of a book. The book is the carrier, and the information inside it is the code.

The DNA language is compreised of approximately 3 billion genetic letters. DNA stores the detailed instructions for assembling proteins in the form of a four-character digital code. The amount of information in human DNA is approximately equivalent to 12 encyclopedia sets, but it's actual size is approximately two millionths of a millimeter thick, and could contain all of the information needed to build the proteins for all of the species of organisms that have ever lived on the earth. The only other codes found to be true languages are all of human origin. Animal communications are considered to be low-level communications and are not considered to be languages. Computer codes are considered to be languages. DNA is so exact that it averages one error in 10 billion letters. If a mistake does occur in one of the most significant parts of the code, which is in the genes, it can cause a disease such as sickle-cell anemia. A human cannot type with only one mistake per 10 billion letters—you can tell in my typing. Believing that the code evolved by chance would break all the known rules of how matter, energy, and the laws of nature work.

6' of DNA coiled inside every one of our body's 100 trillion cells contains a 4 letter chemical alphabet that spells out precise assembly instructions for all the proteins from which our bodies are made. The ideal number of genetic letters in the DNA code for storage and translation, to meet the maximum effectiveness for copying, requires the number of letters in each genetic string to be an even number. Of all of the possible mathematical combinations, the ideal number for storage and transcription has been calculated to be 4 letters - and this is exactly what has been found in the genes of every living thing on earth.

Now, how can DNA exist without an intelligent being creating it? Evolution cannot explain it, so what theory can? This is one item in favor of there being an existence of a god.

Dominic49
02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't think that there's a god. Simply because I have never seen or read anything thats credible, to say there is. I don't trust what the bible says, to me its a ficton book. I can't by faith, i need facts.

Maybe I'm just judging the term of god by what I grew up with (chrstianity).

nick on my sn bitch

David88vert
02-21-2007, 10:43 PM

but whatever

I fully expect you to spring some forward that there is not a god. You generally do, so I will play devil's advocate - unless you want to prove that god exists - and then I prove he doesn't.;)

David88vert
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM

you cant just believe in something that doesnt exist to you :doh:

That is a very true statement.

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
I fully expect you to spring some forward that there is not a god. You generally do, so I will play devil's advocate - unless you want to prove that god exists - and then I prove he doesn't.;)
but i dont set up threads with SOMEONE elses information at hand to post ;)

gtikid
02-21-2007, 10:48 PM
About DNA

DNA is comprised of the DNA language and the DNA molecule. The molecule is the carrier for the code. Think of a book. The book is the carrier, and the information inside it is the code.

The DNA language is compreised of approximately 3 billion genetic letters. DNA stores the detailed instructions for assembling proteins in the form of a four-character digital code. The amount of information in human DNA is approximately equivalent to 12 encyclopedia sets, but it's actual size is approximately two millionths of a millimeter thick, and could contain all of the information needed to build the proteins for all of the species of organisms that have ever lived on the earth. The only other codes found to be true languages are all of human origin. Animal communications are considered to be low-level communications and are not considered to be languages. Computer codes are considered to be languages. DNA is so exact that it averages one error in 10 billion letters. If a mistake does occur in one of the most significant parts of the code, which is in the genes, it can cause a disease such as sickle-cell anemia. A human cannot type with only one mistake per 10 billion letters—you can tell in my typing. Believing that the code evolved by chance would break all the known rules of how matter, energy, and the laws of nature work.

6' of DNA coiled inside every one of our body's 100 trillion cells contains a 4 letter chemical alphabet that spells out precise assembly instructions for all the proteins from which our bodies are made. The ideal number of genetic letters in the DNA code for storage and translation, to meet the maximum effectiveness for copying, requires the number of letters in each genetic string to be an even number. Of all of the possible mathematical combinations, the ideal number for storage and transcription has been calculated to be 4 letters - and this is exactly what has been found in the genes of every living thing on earth.

Now, how can DNA exist without an intelligent being creating it? Evolution cannot explain it, so what theory can? This is one item in favor of there being an existence of a god.

It's simple, evolution. DNA slowly evolves, learns, and changes to adapt to our lives and what we need to use most. Do you think DNA changes from one day to another? Does god just say, "man this code isn't working, lemme change it and see what happens." :screwy:

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:50 PM
"man this code isn't working, lemme change it and see what happens." :screwy:

+1

Lucky DAWG
02-21-2007, 10:52 PM
It's simple, evolution. DNA slowly evolves, learns, and changes to adapt to our lives and what we need to use most. Do you think DNA changes from one day to another? Does god just say, "man this code isn't working, lemme change it and see what happens." :screwy:

not the evolution of it
how it got there in the first place moron :goodjob:

never2loud
02-21-2007, 10:57 PM
listen is god real or not. all we can do is go back and forth on what we believe, yes there is, no there isnt, i mean we can go at this for years, man already has. why go through this again and again, this just heats up stupid discussions. i believe this you believe this, you think your right , i think im right. so go ahead and believe what you want, block out the things you dont wanna hear just because you cant handle it, just b/c you wanna do what you want and u think no one can be better than you, gto ahead believe what yyou will, but one day once you grow up out this selfish state your in, youll realize whats what and then come talk to me.

but like i said this can go on forever so everyone miight as well say what they gotta say then part ways. and have fun talking about cars like what were here to do.

Hulud
02-21-2007, 10:58 PM
not the evolution of it
you see this is what i love

because humans cant explain something, then the answer is GOD :rolleyes:

Bruce Leroy
02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
you see this is what i love

because humans cant explain something, then the answer is GOD :rolleyes:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:goodjob:

I feel the same way.

Hulud
02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
listen is god real or not. all we can do is go back and forth on what we believe, yes there is, no there isnt, i mean we can go at this for years, man already has. why go through this again and again, this just heats up stupid discussions. i believe this you believe this, you think your right , i think im right. so go ahead and believe what you want, block out the things you dont wanna hear just because you cant handle it, just b/c you wanna do what you want and u think no one can be better than you, gto ahead believe what yyou will, but one day once you grow up out this selfish state your in, youll realize whats what and then come talk to me.

but like i said this can go on forever so everyone miight as well say what they gotta say then part ways. and have fun talking about cars like what were here to do.

you are a joke, having this elitist ideal of beliving in your god

yet many others see you as feeble and needing a crutch

so yea someones selfish for not believing in your god :lmfao: :goodjob:

never2loud
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
your not selfish for not believing in my god your selfish for believe that there isnt anything greater than you , you dont want to believe that there is something out there more powerful than you, pay attention to what i say dont just read with a closed mind ok i didnt say since you dont believe in god your selfish ,

never2loud
02-21-2007, 11:22 PM
sorry i meant something that is bigger than you and is something you cant control, something that you cant even come close to fathom

Hulud
02-21-2007, 11:23 PM
your not selfish for not believing in my god your selfish for believe that there isnt anything greater than you , you dont want to believe that there is something out there more powerful than you, pay attention to what i say dont just read with a closed mind ok i didnt say since you dont believe in god your selfish ,
maybe if you used correct punctuation it would help to prevent errors :doh:

writing as a run-on sentance is overrated :goodjob:

Hulud
02-21-2007, 11:24 PM
sorry i meant something that is bigger than you and is something you cant control, something that you cant even come close to fathom
might have helped if you said that too, rather than 'better'

never2loud
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
But everyone in the world wabts facts facts and more facts , they want proof, they wanna see with their own eyes , they wanna see a blind man have his sight come back again with just snap of a finger or prayer they wanna see waters part at a mans request, when Christianity and god isnt something you believe in because of the facts, Christianity and God is something you believe in b/c of faith, and you cant compare faith vs. fact, no some believers may not agree b/c it sounds like im saying there isnt anything that proves of gods existense. no im saying that if you just change your life and beliefs just b/c you saw proof on the news or read it in a book , then your wrong. its all about faith, feeling it in your heart and until you feel it in your heart then you dont know and never will. soemone else cant tell you that something you felt isnt real, noo one on here can tell me that i havent feet god in my heart. and you know what thats all i need, so if your waiting for man to discover the truth with factual evidence that god is real then it will be too late. so please dont compare faith / fact.

never2loud
02-21-2007, 11:32 PM
i know my writing sucks after using text messaging on my phone it has killed my writing, im too used to running on & on an using "u" instead of "you" so bare with me im trying to stop.

81911SC
02-21-2007, 11:36 PM
ya

Hulud
02-21-2007, 11:42 PM
But everyone in the world wabts facts facts and more facts , they want proof, they wanna see with their own eyes , they wanna see a blind man have his sight come back again with just snap of a finger or prayer they wanna see waters part at a mans request, when Christianity and god isnt something you believe in because of the facts, Christianity and God is something you believe in b/c of faith, and you cant compare faith vs. fact, no some believers may not agree b/c it sounds like im saying there isnt anything that proves of gods existense. no im saying that if you just change your life and beliefs just b/c you saw proof on the news or read it in a book , then your wrong. its all about faith, feeling it in your heart and until you feel it in your heart then you dont know and never will. soemone else cant tell you that something you felt isnt real, noo one on here can tell me that i havent feet god in my heart. and you know what thats all i need, so if your waiting for man to discover the truth with factual evidence that god is real then it will be too late. so please dont compare faith / fact.
so you need no proof to believe in something?

never2loud
02-22-2007, 12:02 AM
no ive got my proof i told you already, but i dont expect you to listen. what im saying is if most people, are not believing in god b/c its not wrote out page for page that god is real, and if ur waiting to see it on the news that they have facts that god is real, then your not doing it for the right reasons anyways, the only fact youll get is by living the life, and if you all would truly live the path then you would have all the fact you need, and actually it wil be stronger than a fact , so once you do that and you still dont have your proof, then write what you want about this. but all i know is how i feel and what i know gods has done in my life. and plus im walking proof of god. and trust me, my life hasnt been easy. at one time i thought god was a bully on a ant hill, i have a seriouse medical condition on my leg that ive had for five years, i went to Mayo clinic in rodchester minnesotta, which is the one of the top best medical facility in the world, and they couldnt heal me, they pretty much said i was gonna lose my legs, but i finally begin coming around to god, and believing that he was my only chance ive had hundreds of doctors try to heal me, and nothing, not until i began believing in god , and feeling his life in mine, then my leg bgan healing, im not lying for those that know me they understand and theyve seen. but i dont expect u to read this and become saved , all im saying is dont compare fact and faith.

gtikid
02-22-2007, 12:09 AM
not the evolution of it

You get mad when you can't back up what your trying to prove right?

Now your making it seem like god was a master programmer. First he was a scientist now he was a master program who wrote the code of DNA. It evolved into what it is now. Slowly but surely. It started out small and slowly is perfecting itself over years and years. Or do you supposed god was like "k humans this is your first strand of dna and i'll just change it as i see fit and whenever i wanna have some fun."

gtikid
02-22-2007, 12:11 AM
no ive got my proof i told you already, but i dont expect you to listen. what im saying is if most people, are not believing in god b/c its not wrote out page for page that god is real, and if ur waiting to see it on the news that they have facts that god is real, then your not doing it for the right reasons anyways, the only fact youll get is by living the life, and if you all would truly live the path then you would have all the fact you need, and actually it wil be stronger than a fact , so once you do that and you still dont have your proof, then write what you want about this. but all i know is how i feel and what i know gods has done in my life. and plus im walking proof of god. and trust me, my life hasnt been easy. at one time i thought god was a bully on a ant hill, i have a seriouse medical condition on my leg that ive had for five years, i went to Mayo clinic in rodchester minnesotta, which is the one of the top best medical facility in the world, and they couldnt heal me, they pretty much said i was gonna lose my legs, but i finally begin coming around to god, and believing that he was my only chance ive had hundreds of doctors try to heal me, and nothing, not until i began believing in god , and feeling his life in mine, then my leg bgan healing, im not lying for those that know me they understand and theyve seen. but i dont expect u to read this and become saved , all im saying is dont compare fact and faith.

Seems like you just ended up going to a smarter doctor :lmfao:

David88vert
02-22-2007, 06:29 AM
but i dont set up threads with SOMEONE elses information at hand to post ;)

Nope, didn't have it before I posted. Knew what I was going to post though. I have been on both sides of the argument numerous times and have tons of data to access.

So, care to switch sides? You provide content for the existence of a god, and I disprove the existence? Could get interesting...:D

David88vert
02-22-2007, 06:32 AM

Obviously, you are mentally challenged. It is not possible for evolution to create a language. There has to be intelligence. You obviously have none. Read it again. Evolution is not a plausible answer. Even evolutionary scientists claim that they don't even have a hypothesis for it yet. Do you know something they don't? Can you back up your statement that it is evolution with some instances of DNA changing by the process of evolution?

4dmin
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
i haven't read the entire thread but is the question god or GOD (as in christian GOD)? does the christian idea of god exsist No.

C22H19N3O4
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Obviously, you are mentally challenged.

So much for the notion of a "mature" discussion. :rolleyes:

I guess we can all regurgitate crap from answersingenesis.org.

It's really pointless to attempt to have a discussion with person that doesn't know the difference b/w evolution and abiogenesis.

joesblk_teg
02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
i havent read the whole thread but i believe in God and Jesus, and he has blessed me in so many ways

ueyedgr8tness
02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
i havent read the whole thread but i believe in God and Jesus, and he has blessed me in so many ways

mAN i am a 100% with u :goodjob: The best i have seen in this thread.

ueyedgr8tness
02-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Dang we no these guy's need him.....

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
,idriveasloweclipse, GIXXERDK, David88vert Yea that means u to GIXXerDK

Spectic Tank
02-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Dang we no these guy's need him.....

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
,idriveasloweclipse, GIXXERDK, David88vert Yea that means u to GIXXerDK

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/Specvee/Funny%20Pics/grammar6fb.jpg

sirkus
02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I know I believe there's something greater than this. It's all in how you base your logics and how you see life. Several people in my family are Jewish, I just can't bring myself to follow religion as much as they do. I believe and I live my life.

Capt._Ron
02-22-2007, 10:41 AM
So we know that there are a lot of people who are ripping David88vert for supplying some scientific hypothesi(plural of hypothesis??) for the existence of intelligent design. How about, Hulud, you provide a hypothesis for the existence of random creation or design.

gtikid
02-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Obviously, you are mentally challenged. It is not possible for evolution to create a language. There has to be intelligence. You obviously have none. Read it again. Evolution is not a plausible answer. Even evolutionary scientists claim that they don't even have a hypothesis for it yet. Do you know something they don't? Can you back up your statement that it is evolution with some instances of DNA changing by the process of evolution?

Like Hulud said before, all your doing is saying god is behind something you can't explain. Why wouldn't DNA be able to create language? It'll slowly EVOLVE with time. As DNA grows and evolves so do we, and we get smarter. Hell language itself has evolved and changed over time. Go back and read some original english texts from about mmmm 300 years ago and I GUARANTEE you won't be able to read it much less understand it. It's slowly changed into what we know today. Do you seriously believe it just popped up out of nowhere and people have been saying the samething since then?

Oh and so much for a "mature" conversation. I mean if you want, we can just turn this into a big pissing contest since thats the only thing you seem to be good at since your not getting your point across too good.

gtikid
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
So we know that there are a lot of people who are ripping David88vert for supplying some scientific hypothesi(plural of hypothesis??) for the existence of intelligent design. How about, Hulud, you provide a hypothesis for the existence of random creation or design.

If your looking for this, go read the big bang theory thread

gtikid
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I know I believe there's something greater than this. It's all in how you base your logics and how you see life. Several people in my family are Jewish, I just can't bring myself to follow religion as much as they do. I believe and I live my life.

:goodjob: +1

puregroove
02-22-2007, 11:07 AM
:yes: gotta love these threads...

I will add this: whether or not someone believes there is or isn't a God, that will always be a personal experience. Someone can tell you about God 'til they're blue in the face, but nothing will change until you've experienced God for yourself. And let me tell you this: I freakin' hate when someone's beliefs are forced on you--be it whatever.

It is a personal choice to even go and seek out whether or not there is or isn't a God. Arguements (sp) are worthless. You will find out for yourself, if you choose--trust me.

Carry on. :yes:

RUFFIAN
02-22-2007, 11:09 AM
for me, I would have to say yes. I have had to many things happen in my life that cannot be logically explained away to not doubt the power of prayer and GOD. I just cant believe that I'm just that lucky.

gtikid
02-22-2007, 11:17 AM
:yes: gotta love these threads...

I will add this: whether or not someone believes there is or isn't a God, that will always be a personal experience. Someone can tell you about God 'til they're blue in the face, but nothing will change until you've experienced God for yourself. And let me tell you this: I freakin' hate when someone's beliefs are forced on you--be it whatever.

It is a personal choice to even go and seek out whether or not there is or isn't a God. Arguements (sp) are worthless. You will find out for yourself, if you choose--trust me.

Carry on. :yes:

+1 for you too :goodjob:

Don't get bent all out of shape when someone doesn't believe what you believe in and when they question your beliefs. Like he just said, it's all personal...

puregroove
02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
^^+1 for you, too:::

chris13
02-22-2007, 12:59 PM
is God real? sure why not. in any and every race, religion, nationality, species what ever have you there is a "God" if were talkin bout God as in Jesus Christ ill have to agree with Puregroove its all in personal beliefs. i personally believe yes there is a God, now do i truly understand all the shit people say, "god works in mysterious ways, god knows all and controls all, you know what i mean" well lets just say that certain things that have happened to me my family and my friends have me second guessing my beliefs and everything that ive been taught or told my entire life. Scientifically i dont think its impossible but then again maybe it is possible. we'll all find out one day i guess.

Lucky DAWG
02-22-2007, 02:53 PM

EXACTLY

its like how people pray to a greater being when they want to do good on a test, or they want to do well with their lottery ticket or something. you shouldn't have to pray only to receieve but to want an honest relationship with God. if you are encouraged to do so because you are afraid of hell, pressured by friends or society then it is not for you.

hulud you are being ignorant throughout this whole thing. Being unselfish enough to admit that there is a chance there is something greater out there then you is not to be considered "stupid". It is an admirable trait that determines a lot in the character of someone.

If you think that society's sole purpose is to advance economically and technologically to fit your physical needs and that of your children's better, then you are a very shallow person.

this has nothing to do with the fact of believing in any religion or anything of any matter that has to do with an organization. what i'm referring to is the fact that there is a good chance that there is a being or scheme greater then you that you can not fathom.

and to me to not appreciate that and call others for having faith stupid and ignorant is a slap in the face. you can complain all you want about beliefs being forced on you but i am asking for nothing but you to not look down upon others for believing in something that helps give them strength; its wrong and hypocritical

Hulud
02-22-2007, 08:39 PM
hulud you are being ignorant throughout this whole thing. Being unselfish enough to admit that there is a chance there is something greater out there then you is not to be considered "stupid". It is an admirable trait that determines a lot in the character of someone.

first off kid, dont put fucking words in my mouth, please SHOW me where i posted in this thread that someone is STUPID for believing in a god, you wont find it :goodjob:

also do you not know how to read? please go back and read my first post

so how are you going to call me ignorant?

If you think that society's sole purpose is to advance economically and technologically to fit your physical needs and that of your children's better, then you are a very shallow person.
is this still in reference to me? because if so, you will NEVER see me post anything REVOLVES around me, but yea ok kid

this has nothing to do with the fact of believing in any religion or anything of any matter that has to do with an organization. what i'm referring to is the fact that there is a good chance that there is a being or scheme greater then you that you can not fathom.
and thats your opinion :goodjob:

and to me to not appreciate that and call others for having faith stupid and ignorant is a slap in the face.
once again where did i say that?

o yea thats right, i didnt
i called someone ignorant, but not stupid

you can complain all you want about beliefs being forced on you but i am asking for nothing but you to not look down upon others for believing in something that helps give them strength; its wrong and hypocritical
first off i dont care what you ask of me, i owe you nothing

so if you really want to call me out on this, go ahead

but where do i look down on someone based on their faith? i dont, i look down on their faith, not them as humans.

but since you know me and all i guess you're right and im wrong :rolleyes:

Hulud
02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
and if you want to talk about hypocritical go look in a mirror :goodjob:

you say in your last post about calling people stupid, yet between me and you, you're the onlyone calling someone stupid in this thread

here ill post a link for ya http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35491494&postcount=51

Nismo
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
^ called someone the fuck out.

David88vert
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
gtikid, here is some basic information for you to consume.

A language must contain the following elements: an alphabet or coding system, correct spelling, grammar (arrangement), semantics and an intent. DNA genetic code has all of these key elements. The only types of communication considered high-level languages are human languages, artificial languages such as computer codes, and the DNA genetic code. No other communication system has been found to contain the basic characteristics of a language. DNA is more complex than any computer code. Imagine something more intricate than the most complex program running on a supercomputer being devised by accident through evolution. No matter how much time, how many mutations and how much natural selection are taken into account, it cannot happen. You believe that the DNA genetic code gradually evolved? That would break all the known rules of how matter, energy, and the laws of nature work. To this date, not one example has been found in nature of an information system inside the cell gradually evolving into another functional information program. So, how did it come into being, if not from an intelligent source? Our scientists can't even construct a single piece of hair using DNA, so it needs to be a more intelligent source than us. Now give me some scientific proof or at least some rational thought that evolution can explain the DNA genetic code.

David88vert
02-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Next interesting point of universal design - please discuss if you have some scientifically based input.

The Ratio of the Number of Electrons to Protons

This ratio must be exactly equal to one to one to better than one part in 10_37 (10 to the 37th power - the number 1 followed by 37 zeros); otherwise electromagnetic forces would have been stronger than gravitational forces and thus no galaxies, stars, or planets would have ever formed.

Is it possible that the universe and the physical laws could exist by evolution - YES. Is it probable - NO. The odds? 1 in 10_10000(10 to the 10000th power - much more unlikely than simple protons/electrons). Better odds would be that your car's engine would freeze solid instead of warm up - every single time you started it. Do you think that maybe there might be some sort of intelligence behind the universe's design, rather than random chance?

Of course, this does not mean that it is Christian or Muslim god that created the world - just that the odds are heavily against it being random chance.

Lucky DAWG
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
and if you want to talk about hypocritical go look in a mirror :goodjob:

you say in your last post about calling people stupid, yet between me and you, you're the onlyone calling someone stupid in this thread

here ill post a link for ya http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35491494&postcount=51

haha :lmfao:
bc he tried to make the other dude look like a jackass with something that made no sense

Lucky DAWG
02-22-2007, 11:25 PM
first off kid, dont put fucking words in my mouth, please SHOW me where i posted in this thread that someone is STUPID for believing in a god, you wont find it :goodjob:

also do you not know how to read? please go back and read my first post

so how are you going to call me ignorant?

is this still in reference to me? because if so, you will NEVER see me post anything REVOLVES around me, but yea ok kid

and thats your opinion :goodjob:

once again where did i say that?

o yea thats right, i didnt
i called someone ignorant, but not stupid

first off i dont care what you ask of me, i owe you nothing

so if you really want to call me out on this, go ahead

but where do i look down on someone based on their faith? i dont, i look down on their faith, not them as humans.

but since you know me and all i guess you're right and im wrong :rolleyes:

and there is the whole reason you don't get this.
to most people they are one in the same...

Hektik
02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Do I believe there is a god? Yes....
Do I believe he’s the same god u believe in? Could be or maybe not.
Id like to think that we as humans were created by something bigger than us rather than to think that I came from a monkey or some kind of lower life form.

never2loud
02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
ok i think everyone knows were i stand on this, i think i made good points, and answerd accordingly, but for the non believers i mean you act like science has never been wrong, you act like if a scientist said it and tested it, hes right cause hes a scientist, well science has been wrong on many many many occasions, when has the bible been wrong, i know scientist r not done ripping it apart yet, but so far it hasnt been wrong , science has.

so even if u dont believe in a greater being, like god, and only believe what you hear from scientist, then keep in mind that scientist have been wrong.

and who knows maybe The big bang theory was part of gods plan on creating the earth we dont know, ive ehard people say that the bibles time line and mans timline are differnt, well there isnt an exact date written in the bible, they say that mans known timeline goes back farther than the bible, well show me in the bible that date.

man
02-23-2007, 12:19 AM
God gave HalfBaked HIV...

never2loud
02-23-2007, 12:33 AM
its all part of life and his plan,

David88vert
02-23-2007, 06:31 AM

HIV is something someone acquires through their human exploits. There is a cause and effect for it. No higher presence required.

ARH1192
02-23-2007, 07:23 AM
I dont understand how ppl do it. I dont believe till I see it. so when I see a nigga spread the sea apart.. I'l start believing.. when I see a guy make a blind person see (w/ out any of todays technology) I'll start believing. its crazy to live ur whole life off something in a book, yet u've never seen ANY proof of it.

I have tho read in science books in school about other plants and animals evolving.. so I tend to believe we evolved. from what? idk.. when its the more likely of the 2 if u ask me.

Lucky DAWG
02-23-2007, 07:57 AM

i think we can all agree on that :p lol

Daccord93
02-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Personally, I believe that there is A God. Some higher being out there. Do I believe that Jesus existed? Yes, although I think that there was more to his life than him being a single only child. I belive he had siblings, was married and had kids of his own. I also believe though that a lot of what is said in the bible about, for example, the exodus, can be and has been proven that it happened and why it happened through science. Now that being said, I think that back in biblical times they did need and answer for all of these things going on and so a God is where they turned. Were they wrong? I dont think so cause even though we can prove that it happened and how it happened through science I still believe that God gave us the power of free will so we can make up our own minds and live with that. Do I beleive that you are wrong for what you believe? No, that is your belief. I am not going to force my views on you, please dont force yours on me. I am open minded and that his how I look at religon. Maybe I didnt choose the right one, but if I have a spirtual belief then I am happy until I die and found out the truth. Just as a side note, I also believe in ghosts, spirits, and aliens.

Hulud
02-23-2007, 11:19 AM
and there is the whole reason you don't get this.
to most people they are one in the same...
wrong buddy, i have plenty of friends who are christian and they know my feelings on organized religion, yet they have no problem with it :goodjob:

its only touchy people that care too much about what others think, like yourself

Lucky DAWG
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
wrong buddy, i have plenty of friends who are christian and they know my feelings on organized religion, yet they have no problem with it :goodjob:

its only touchy people that care too much about what others think, like yourself

i'm glad your friends do.
but a large majority of the people in the world are still backwards you could say in the fact that they still believe in a magical man in the sky made them.

how ignorant of them :gay:

R3RUN
02-23-2007, 03:10 PM
I'll take No for 500 please.

Lucky DAWG
02-23-2007, 03:19 PM
lol i like the name for the color of your car R3RUN

Hulud
02-23-2007, 04:03 PM
i'm glad your friends do.
but a large majority of the people in the world are still backwards you could say in the fact that they still believe in a magical man in the sky made them.
so you think people are backwards for believing in god? :thinking:

how ignorant of them :gay:
its just as ignorant as people saying that there is no god with 100% certainty :goodjob:

Hulud
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll take No for 500 please.
Trebek: People believe in him from a book
R3RUN: What is God

Killer
02-23-2007, 04:13 PM
just now stepping into this thread.. not gonna read up.. but i believe there is a GOD the one being the father of Jesus....

it takes faith to believe and if u need proof then there's no point in believing...

even if u don't believe in my God, i don't see how anyone can act like there isnt something out there... this world is in way too much order for there not to be something....

i'll prolly not return to this thread.. just wanted to throw my 2cents in...

David88vert
02-23-2007, 11:11 PM
So now, after 6 pages, I am the only one that puts out any tangible evidence in favor of the existence of a god/higher intelligence. No one has offered any refuting evidence to what I have posted, nor has introduced any evidence in opposition to the existence of a god/higher intelligence. So enough with facts until someone has something to add scientifically. I have plenty more design facts waiting if someone does.

So I will add some logic, rather than science. Here is the ultimate logic for the existence of God. In everything, you need balance. God/Devil, Good/Evil, Heaven/Hell, Yin/Yang. I did not write this, it came off another board, but I instantly liked it. Hulud, this is all you....;)

"The following is an ‘actual’ question given on a University of Liverpool chemistry final exam.
The answer by one student was so “profound” that the professor shared it with colleagues via the Internet.

Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s law that gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that, if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell. Because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay constant, the volume of Hell must expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Sandra during my freshman year, that “it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,” and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is endothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is extinct ... leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being - which explains why, last night, Sandra kept shouting “Oh my God.”

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY “A”.":D

never2loud
02-23-2007, 11:56 PM
So now, after 6 pages, I am the only one that puts out any tangible evidence in favor of the existence of a god/higher intelligence. No one has offered any refuting evidence to what I have posted, nor has introduced any evidence in opposition to the existence of a god/higher intelligence. So enough with facts until someone has something to add scientifically. I have plenty more design facts waiting if someone does.

So I will add some logic, rather than science. Here is the ultimate logic for the existence of God. In everything, you need balance. God/Devil, Good/Evil, Heaven/Hell, Yin/Yang. I did not write this, it came off another board, but I instantly liked it. Hulud, this is all you....;)

"The following is an ‘actual’ question given on a University of Liverpool chemistry final exam.
The answer by one student was so “profound” that the professor shared it with colleagues via the Internet.

Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s law that gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that, if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell. Because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay constant, the volume of Hell must expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Sandra during my freshman year, that “it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,” and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is endothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is extinct ... leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being - which explains why, last night, Sandra kept shouting “Oh my God.”

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY “A”.":D

Um obiously you didnt read the thread or anything wrote, b/c your still going on, reread what i wrote then come back.

Lucky DAWG
02-24-2007, 11:34 AM
so you think people are backwards for believing in god? :thinking:

its just as ignorant as people saying that there is no god with 100% certainty :goodjob:

well it seems you failed to pick up on the sarcasm of that entire post i made...

sometimes you need to have 100% faith in something or else you won't be able to securely make decisions in life and will always be second guessing yourself. Everything in my life is a toss up and constantly changing, god is the one thing you can rely on.

i guess what i'm saying is, real or not... hes something i want to be there

Type-R
02-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I used to a big church-going individual, but after some specific events in my life I chose to stop and now I find myself always saying the same thing... show me proof, not what is writting in a book.

David88vert
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Um obiously you didnt read the thread or anything wrote, b/c your still going on, reread what i wrote then come back.

Your ramblings have had no scientific merit in them - only poor grammer. You have presented nothing in this thread that has any scientific basis. All you keep saying is don't compare fact and faith. We are not. You either already have faith or you don't. What this thread is for is for discusion of facts that are measurable - not faith. I have presented scientific facts that are in favor of the existence of a higher intelligence having designed the universe. You have not offered any similar types of information. Go back and read what you have written, see if you can comprehend your own writing.

Hulud
02-25-2007, 11:12 AM
well it seems you failed to pick up on the sarcasm of that entire post i made...
sarcasm is overrated, this isnt the WL

sometimes you need to have 100% faith in something or else you won't be able to securely make decisions in life and will always be second guessing yourself.
once again thats YOUR opinion, not fact :goodjob:

i guess what i'm saying is, real or not... hes something i want to be there
ok, but thats not the point of this thread

***side note***

funny thing is about God is that if someone didnt tell you (you in the general sense) there was a God would you really believe theres a god? cause how would you find out about it?

just some food for thought

Lucky DAWG
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
***side note***

funny thing is about God is that if someone didnt tell you (you in the general sense) there was a God would you really believe theres a god? cause how would you find out about it?

just some food for thought

probably the exact same way the people who created him did... :thinking:

god isn't a new thing that people are hopping on the bandwagon for simply because their parents have been telling them he is real like santa clause or the easter bunny.

god has been an explenation for how thing's work for thousands of generations back. it is human nature to look to something bigger then yourself especially as a child for support or consul. So if you were put here knowing nothing and no one, you would make your own god to explain why things work that you do not know about.

idriveasloweclipse
02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Your ramblings have had no scientific merit in them - only poor grammer. You have presented nothing in this thread that has any scientific basis. All you keep saying is don't compare fact and faith. We are not. You either already have faith or you don't. What this thread is for is for discusion of facts that are measurable - not faith. I have presented scientific facts that are in favor of the existence of a higher intelligence having designed the universe. You have not offered any similar types of information. Go back and read what you have written, see if you can comprehend your own writing.

there is no scientific evidence of a higher power. Science tends to disagree with your beliefs, and it also shows how the probability of a god is far lower than most people think. I'm far from a scientist, but trying to back up the existence of a god with science is kind of contradicting.

Lucky DAWG
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
there is no scientific evidence of a higher power. Science tends to disagree with your beliefs, and it also shows how the probability of a god is far lower than most people think. I'm far from a scientist, but trying to back up the existence of a god with science is kind of contradicting.

david explained this before

what he is saying is that previous laws of science are contradicting new ones that are trying to disprove that there is a God intervening in our daily lives and the creation of things.

ex ) the big bang theory post he used the law for the conservation of matter to say that matter can neither be created nor destroyed so it doesn't make sense according to science that it could happen, leaving room for there to be a god.

basically science is kicking itself in the ass while trying to disprove god with previous laws... we just have to wait and see if they are to be modified

idriveasloweclipse
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
right on

Hulud
02-25-2007, 06:22 PM
god isn't a new thing that people are hopping on the bandwagon for simply because their parents have been telling them he is real like santa clause or the easter bunny.
the fuck does that have to do with anything? :thinking:

god has been an explenation for how thing's work for thousands of generations back. it is human nature to look to something bigger then yourself especially as a child for support or consul. So if you were put here knowing nothing and no one, you would make your own god to explain why things work that you do not know about.
nah, its some people just wanting a meaning in life

Lucky DAWG
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
the fuck does that have to do with anything? :thinking:

nah, its some people just wanting a meaning in life

the fact that it isn't society telling you how to do it that makes you believe in a god in all cases.

how do you think cavemen thousands of years ago and societies during the bronze age and such have gods, they made them up ofcourse, thats what it has to do with things.

and whats wrong with wanting a meaning in life? :thinking:

Maniaç
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
once again... lame ass thread.. and all this cause of my thread

Hulud
02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
hows this once again?

this would be the only one :lmao:

Hulud
02-25-2007, 06:37 PM
and whats wrong with wanting a meaning in life? :thinking:
did i say there was anything wrong with it?

no, please tell me you have some sort of reading comprehension

Maniaç
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
hows this once again?

this would be the only one :lmao:

.........indeed

Hulud
02-25-2007, 07:09 PM
.........indeed
yousef? LOL

Lucky DAWG
02-25-2007, 07:39 PM

yup haha

u started a domino effect
btw didn't you have like over a 1,000 post count, and now ur like 50 with 5 bars of rep? wut happened?

Lucky DAWG
02-25-2007, 07:41 PM
did i say there was anything wrong with it?

no, please tell me you have some sort of reading comprehension

you have trouble imagining there being a god
so yea kinda
unless you can come up with another reason for being here

HalfBaked
02-28-2007, 02:38 AM
God must exist...

Everytime I'm fucking Maniac's mom she is screaming "oh god oh god."

So she must know him.

03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
do i believe in God? yes.
do i believe in Jesus as humans? yes.
do i believe in Jesus as deity? yes.
do i believe in evolution? yes.
do i believe that the 3 western religions are practically the same? yes.
do i believe the Bible word for word? no.
do i believe it is a pretty decent metaphor for what is and isn't important? yes.
do i believe in intelligent design? yes. (and the answer to the original question)

i think there is enough evidence to believe in a higher being over spontaneous generation. there are plenty of things that are widely accepted now that COULD be incorrect. you can't prove 'time' or 'gravity' or any other major scientific theory. scientific law exists because it hasn't been proven wrong, and that is how i see this debate. odds are there is a God. our existance is enough evidence for me to give the edge to God existing.

and yes, most religious people are hypocrits.

Curmudgeon
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
now I find myself always saying the same thing... show me proof, not what is writting in a book.

I have no scientific data to support the how and why of it all, however we do have a reasonably accurate account of what has transpired since the begining of recorded history.

Unfortunately, this recorded history and the Bible are all we as inferrior humans have to go by. Unless of course you choose to bring the human "intelligence" factor into it, further muddying or distorting the reality of these events.

The "proof" as you put it "could" be the things that are happening(and have happened)on this planet on a daily bassis for thousands of years, if one were to be open minded enough to see the writing on the wall.

Based on real time events around the world, is it not quite coincidental that the Bible(if you know how to decipher the writing)fairly accurately depicts these very same events, and their eventual outcome?

Some of these current events include but are not limited to the wars fought between the religious factions in the middle East. Time will tell the tale. The Bible also speaks of certain countries(the USA included, though not called the "USA").... how these civilizations/cultures were born and how they will meet their extinction. I'm afraid that based on current recorded blueprint we have, that there may just be something to this.

I'm not a Bible thumpin', repent or burn preaching individual, but will concede that there are striking similarities between the written word and actual recorded, as well as on going current events.

Are the written words of man just a tool designed by man to keep the masses in check, or were they in fact a story, and prophecy told to man by an all knowing being?

Are you as a human being just here for the "ride" and then it's over, or does your existence have another purpose? I like to think there is some method to the madness, otherwise what's it all for?

There has to be something more to this than just survival of the fittest.
Like the Salmon, the fittest lives to procreate another season, but what's the purpose?

I submit to you that the purpose is for your soul or spirit to eventually find it's place in the eternal light aka "heaven". As the long time battle between the energies God(good), and evil(Lucifer) proceeds, the wages or stakes are high.

The battle being fought is for your soul's eternal resting place. Your free will determines where that final place is-

What it all comes down to is, do you or do you not believe that there is something more than this. The problem always seems to be that we don't know what we don't know, and that until the end that will be the case.

Enter faith. For the purposes of this discussion, Faith is nothing more than you're acceptance that indeed there is something more.

Side note.

The first time you built a motor, or whatever it was that you did the very first time, you had no "proof" you could achieve your goal, BUT.... you had "faith" that it could be done.

How'd it turn out? ;)