PDA

View Full Version : Sticky valves?

Ruststang
02-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I have a 92 dohc 240sx and latley ive been hearing this loud ticking coming from the back of the head.. Also sometimes at stops ill get a puff and blue smoke not every time. But it always smells like oil and is always ticking sometimes it feels like its draggin the engine down. Im wondering if there is any cleaner or something i can do without having to rebuild it to cure or improve this issue..

Thanks

Evan

jmmx258
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
If its carboned up maybe some Sea Foam. Or I use Marvel Mystery Oil. I helps some. Isn't going to fix it though.

Ruststang
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Yea im just trying to make it better for now till i can afford to rebuild it.. I sea foamed it like a month ago but i have not treated the oil yet.. Can you use sea foam in the crank case? or should i stick with something eles

jmmx258
02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
I believe you can. I like to run just a little MMO in the oil everytime I change it. Helps keep the shit from building up in the first place. Also...Royal Purple Oils. I always substitute half a quart of Lucas for half a quart of oil too.

Ruststang
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
I will give it a shot and see its running kinda rough.. Not under boost just when rpms are falling after shifts and idling and stuff.. Any other ideas? Or anyone eles have comments.