PDA

View Full Version : camera question...

Ed
02-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Im looking to buy a camera, but im a total newb on the subject. I want something nice, but not too fancy. Im not looking to be a professional photographer, but I do wanna take some better pics than the regular $150 cameras...

I was looking at the Finepix S9100. It seems nice enough. Anyone ever had one? Or have a better "bang for the buck" option? Thanks for all the input.

Slowboy
02-21-2007, 03:36 PM
My sister has a canon sd630, very nice camera its about 2 months old im sure she might let it go for bout 200...
example of the quality.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/curtway/IMG_0058.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/curtway/IMG_0446.jpg
I really enjoyed the camera while i had it for bout 2 days then gave it to my lil sis. I paid bout 300 out the door.

blacknightteg
02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
lemme ask you something, are you ever going to blow anythign up over an 8x10? if your not then in all honestly you dont need anything that is about over 6 megapixels.

if the case is that you want take pictures an blow them up over an 8x10, like 16x20 to maybe a little bigger, then yea, i would get something thats at least 7 to 8. if your not looking at doing anything crazy perfessional then you really dont need anything higher then that.

If i were you, sounds like you want something with a little bit more options and what not along with quailty. My personal preference that i like and sell most of at work is canon. more specifically, for something thats not so professional but still gives you options. i would go with something like the Canon S3IS or maybe the Sony H5.

the canon S3IS has good options, allows you to do good shots and not so crappy. has the image stabilizer on it so that will help you out a little bit and a good lense. Its one of the best "prosumer" models in my opinon.

The Sony H5 is basically the same. with a little bit more options. bigger screen the the Canon and it takes great pictures. the only down side that i dont particularly like about sony's is the proprietary memory stick. but some people are partial to sony.

the fuji's are nice depending on the model im not sure about that particular model, but fuji along with olympus's take the XD memory card which those are the only two manufactures that i know if that take that card. thats the one thing about them. Although, their newer models will allow SD cards as well.

just my two cents.

CHADbee
02-21-2007, 03:43 PM
If i were you, sounds like you want something with a little bit more options and what not along with quailty. My personal preference that i like and sell most of at work is canon. more specifically, for something thats not so professional but still gives you options. i would go with something like the Canon S3IS
the canon S3IS has good options, allows you to do good shots and not so crappy. has the image stabilizer on it so that will help you out a little bit and a good lense. Its one of the best "prosumer" models in my opinon.

thats what i have...great camera :goodjob:

Ed
02-21-2007, 04:13 PM
thanks for the input everyone.

Nemesis
02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
for the price youd pay for a hi-end point and shoot, you can get an entry level DSLR (Rebel XT/D40/D50). Of course youd need to buy a lens, but with 100-250 dollars, you can get a decent third party lens. Then of course there is ebay. I can go on and on as to why you should at least get an entry level DSLR, but I wont if you dont want me to :p Just trying to save you from the money pit Ive gotten myself into :lmao:

Ed
02-21-2007, 04:45 PM
for the price youd pay for a hi-end point and shoot, you can get an entry level DSLR (Rebel XT/D40/D50). Of course youd need to buy a lens, but with 100-250 dollars, you can get a decent third party lens. Then of course there is ebay. I can go on and on as to why you should at least get an entry level DSLR, but I wont if you dont want me to :p Just trying to save you from the money pit Ive gotten myself into :lmao:

lol thats fine. im talking to chadbee and hes got one for sale. seems a reasonable price for what hes got.

Canon PowerShot 6.0-Megapixel Digital Camera
Model: S3 IS

Snap still images at the same time you capture video with this versatile digital camera. The SLR-inspired design is easy to use and multiple features make taking frame-worthy photos a breeze.

* 6.0-megapixel CCD captures high-resolution images up to 2816 x 2112 pixels

* 12x optical/4x digital/48x total zoom; UD lens

what do you think of that? i know youre camera guru on this website... like i said, im not big on it like you or the other guys...

Maniaç
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
i want one :(

CHADbee
02-21-2007, 05:04 PM
i want one :(

get that shit the fuck outta here

Maniaç
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
get that shit the fuck outta here

:tongue1: get your ass back to the PMS section...... thats right go back and chat with the ricers.!

NUGZ
02-21-2007, 05:06 PM
i have that exact camera and love it man, well worth the money

Im looking to buy a camera, but im a total newb on the subject. I want something nice, but not too fancy. Im not looking to be a professional photographer, but I do wanna take some better pics than the regular $150 cameras...

I was looking at the Finepix S9100. It seems nice enough. Anyone ever had one? Or have a better "bang for the buck" option? Thanks for all the input.

Ed
02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
i have that exact camera and love it man, well worth the money

the finepix s9100? i heard its an awesome camera as well.. any cons?