PDA

View Full Version : Misc family guy movie coming soon!!!!!

JoeCoolinATL
06-21-2005, 05:44 AM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2005-06-20T163824Z_01_N20521580_RTRIDST_0_ENTERTAINMENT-TELEVISION-FAMILYGUY-DC.XML

Fox preps 'Family Guy' movie for Sept. 27 DVD bow
Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:38 PM ET

By Thomas K. Arnold

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is preparing his long-awaited direct-to-DVD movie based on the exploits of his cartoon clan for a Sept. 27 release.

"It's been an enormous undertaking to juggle this with doing 35 new episodes of the show, but we think it turned out great," MacFarlane said of the film, his first full-length feature, and the first direct-to-video ever made off a television franchise.

The 83-minute, unrated "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" ($29.98) is based on the animated series MacFarlane created for Fox Television in the late 1990s. The irreverent series, aimed at adults rather than kids, went on the air in early 1999 and was canceled in 2003, only to be resurrected last month after an overwhelming demand for the show on DVD.

The first DVD set sold more than 2.5 million units, the second-highest sales tally of any TV-DVD release behind the first season of "Chappelle's Show," and two subsequent packages lifted the "Family Guy" franchise's total sales to about 4.5 million units.

That prompted Fox to take the unprecedented step of bringing back the show. The new season debuted in May and has since featured a bevy of guest voices, including Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Tilly and Adam West.

"Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin" is something of a thank you to the show's fans who bought so many DVDs, MacFarlane said. "Fox had such a great amount of success with the previous DVD releases that I think they felt there was a built-in, surefire market for a 'Family Guy' DVD," he said. "It's also a lot easier to put out a DVD release than it is a theatrical film while you're doing a television series."

The movie finds Stewie, the maniacal baby genius, having a near-death experience that prompts him to change his ways. Instead of seeking to dominate the world, he sets out on a road trip to find his real father.

Guest vocal talent includes Barrymore and Ron Livingston, as well as three cast members of "Beverly Hills, 90210" -- Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling -- "in a special gag," MacFarlane said.

The DVD will include several special features, including deleted scenes, still galleries, animatics and a commentary from MacFarlane.

"We also sandwiched special features around the movie," he said. "It begins with an animated movie premiere, with the family arriving to watch it, and then there's an after-party at the end."

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is planning the biggest marketing campaign ever for a TV-spawned release, according to division worldwide president Mike Dunn. Plans include national print and TV advertising as well as a viral marketing campaign targeting college students at bars, clubs and fraternity parties; special screenings will be held for college students.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

HyPer50
06-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Sweet, a stewie special.. Love that lil bastard.

Pher
06-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Sweet! Thats the only thing coming out on DVD anytime soon that I actually can't wait for. Nice find.

mocha latte cupcake
06-21-2005, 08:00 AM
sweeet! awesome i know what i'm doing on the 27th!

trythefly
06-21-2005, 08:05 AM
sweet I'm going to get that!

5thgcelica
06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
good find!! thanks for the info!!

drupason
06-21-2005, 09:34 AM
no one cares about that stupid cartoon!!! take that shit back to atlantaforums.com joe!!!!

haha

5thgcelica
06-21-2005, 09:35 AM
better be careful. we'll cut you.