PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods master clutch

Tree
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
ok i have the D16C6, and my master clutch is going out so when i go to put it in the gear, it grands the hell out of some gears. now is that really the master going out or can it be the trans, keep in mine i have the stock clutch,tans, and the car have 155k on motor and body. what can it be?? i need some help:thinking:

speedminded
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
ok i have the D16C6, and my master clutch is going out so when i go to put it in the gear, it grands the hell out of some gears. now is that really the master going out or can it be the trans, keep in mine i have the stock clutch,tans, and the car have 155k on motor and body. what can it be?? i need some help:thinking:It definitely sounds like the master clutch, it has to be...i mean, the chances of the slave clutch going out is insanely rare. Could always try mixing some liquid graphite and lithium grease and applying it directly to the clutch disc, it will be so smooth running you won't ever have problems with grinding again :2cents:

drmcivicsi
02-20-2007, 11:21 PM
lol^^^

Tree
02-21-2007, 09:55 AM
damn i was hoping that it was my clutch, i want to get a stage 1 or 2 for my car. but i will go all out and get the omni master clutch. so its ok thanks for all your help

speedminded
02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
damn i was hoping that it was my clutch, i want to get a stage 1 or 2 for my car. but i will go all out and get the omni master clutch. so its ok thanks for all your helpOn a lil more serious note it could be your clutch master cylinder or even the slave cylinder.....or has the clutch/pedal even been adjusted recently? Wait, is this even a hydraulic clutch or cable?

Vteckidd
02-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Check your fluid resevoir, its the tiny resevoir on the driver side of the firewall, if its dry, then you have a master cylinder/slave cylinder leak.

if its full of fluid, it could be your transmission or your clutch.

usually if its the clutch, the car is VERY HARD TO PUT IN GEAR.

if it shifts fine, most likely its the synchros in the tranny

Demsum
02-22-2007, 12:50 AM
At about the same mileage your at, my slave and master cylinder went. For a couple days I would bleed it before I went to work. By the time I was ready to go home from work my fluid would have drained out again. It sucked to be in the parking lot with all the co-workers watching me bleed my shit just to get home again.