PDA

View Full Version : my horn doesnt work

slowredteg
02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
i got an integra a couple weeks ago and i noticed the other day that my horn doesnt work. i checked all fuses that i could think of that could possibly be related to the horn (interior lights, intrument lights, cigarette lighter, turn signals, headlights, power locks, power windows) and all of them were good. i know its not that big of a deal but when im driving and some dumbass pulls out in front of me i wanna be able to use my horn. Does anyone have any idea what could cause it not to work or how i could fix it???

ruffriderGA
02-20-2007, 06:45 PM
since you checked all the fuses best thing i know to do without seeing it in person is find a wiring diagram and a volt meter and start checking for power and you'll eventually figure out what's wrong.

§treet_§peed
02-20-2007, 06:58 PM
lol reminds me off when my ex girl natasha punched her sterring wheel in her 95 altima cause my other ex the bitch i hate kelly pissed her off.. well anyways she punched it so hard she broke the plastic clip that hold the metal peice back from hitting the metal plate to complete the circut that sends juice to the horn so the horn was blairing whil i had to diss-assemble the steering wheel cover and un hoook the horn lol

an0therh22
02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
so the horn was blairing whil i had to diss-assemble the steering wheel cover and un hoook the horn lol
shouldnt u disconnect the battery before taking the steering wheel apart? airbags are a hazard

§treet_§peed
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
i figured fuck it :D

slowredteg
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
since you checked all the fuses best thing i know to do without seeing it in person is find a wiring diagram and a volt meter and start checking for power and you'll eventually figure out what's wrong.

thanks ill try that. i just would rather not have to take apart anything if i dont have to. i dont have time.

also thanks for that story about the ex and the horn. it was very entertaining. it almost made me forget about my horn that doesnt work.

SKUNK2GUY
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
air horn ftw!lol g/l

slowredteg
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
air horn ftw!lol g/l

ha yeah thats actually a good idea. i wonder if they are difficult to install. and how much are they?

ruffriderGA
02-22-2007, 04:21 PM
ha yeah thats actually a good idea. i wonder if they are difficult to install. and how much are they?

just go buy one of those compressed air can horns :goodjob:

thursdaybuff
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
geez daniel, another thing wrong? just roll your window down and yell!

Krazykouki
02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
if you have checked your fuse's already then check the horn relay. Also have someone push your horn button while you have a test light attached to the positive lead on the horn and see if the test light comes on while the button is depressed. If it comes on then you have a faulty horn. If it does not come on then you have either a bad Horn relay, bad horn button, or bad continuity between a connector some where.

sleepys4
02-23-2007, 08:46 AM
I opt for a little hand held air horn also. it could be fun? Who knows. Try it out!

slowredteg
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
geez daniel, another thing wrong? just roll your window down and yell!

i would try that but yesterday someone backed into me b/c they couldnt hear me in my car.

slowredteg
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
and im proably gonna just use an airhorn. i could have fun with that.

thursdaybuff
02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
i would try that but yesterday someone backed into me b/c they couldnt hear me in my car.
when the hell did this happen?

Z U L8R
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
listen to what "MEANGREEN" said