PDA

View Full Version : HUGE PROBLEM

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
.... was changing spark plugs.... couple were stuck.. my room mate was helping me... and one broke... the threads are left in the damn head.. and the rest of the plug is out...

is there anything i can do to get it out without disassembling the head?

i don't have the money to take it to a shop.. i don't get paid for eight more days.. and even if i could i can't crank the damn car.. so i'll have to get it towed at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh no babe

Marty
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Get an extractor bit from Sears?

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
pple are forever doing that on g2ic..lemme see if i can find something for you on there man...

8bangin302
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
dang thats gotta suck..idk what u could do .u might end up have to dissasemble the head...but gl on that..

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
pple are forever doing that on g2ic..lemme see if i can find something for you on there man...

thanks....

i'm just so pissed at this point... basically i was lied to about my engine... there is so much more shit wrong with it than there should be.

oh and my head gasket is blow or my head is cracked cause we tried to put it back on and crank the car anti freeze just shot out of the whole where the plug used to be... so i don't want to put any money into fixing this damn engine.

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Get an extractor bit from Sears?

i have no idea what ur talkin about.. could u link that for me?

Crazy Asian
02-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Ouch ouch....damn. I let the pro's take care of my car. Well the internal crap. No way Im touching that.

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
the part from sears that they are talking about is EZ Out..and one guy used liquid wrench and patience...here is the link

"thanks for the replies guys......was able to take out the remaining piece of the spark plug by applying liquid mechanic and trying to twist it off slowly.....did that for about 30 minutes and it finally came off....."

^^^^quote from the thread bout liquid mechanic

link

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151394&highlight=broken+spark+plug

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks....

i'm just so pissed at this point... basically i was lied to about my engine... there is so much more shit wrong with it than there should be.

oh and my head gasket is blow or my head is cracked cause we tried to put it back on and crank the car anti freeze just shot out of the whole where the plug used to be... so i don't want to put any money into fixing this damn engine.

b20 time son...u want the link from password jdm?? $549 plus shippin, drop in and go:goodjob:

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
spark plugs should not be a big deal to replace... they are just bolts basically. not like i was trying to do something crazy... i took two off yesterday.. the other two were stiff so i was gonna see if my room mate could get them loose for me.. (he's huge)

he didn't turn it any worse than i would have... thing was just old and busted.

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
spark plugs should not be a big deal to replace... they are just bolts basically. not like i was trying to do something crazy... i took two off yesterday.. the other two were stiff so i was gonna see if my room mate could get them loose for me.. (he's huge)

he didn't turn it any worse than i would have... thing was just old and busted.

he should have tried to tighten and loosen tighten and loosen(did that that a couple more times) then try to fully loosen it..u know play w/ it, or soak it w/ some PB or some lubricant first

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
b20 time son...u want the link from password jdm?? $549 plus shippin, drop in and go:goodjob:

.... i don't have the money for the engine or the labor right now.. not till i get a loan... and i can't get the loan til i'm in br again.... besides i found them for 450 and 490

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:37 PM
.... i don't have the money for the engine or the labor right now.. not till i get a loan... and i can't get the loan til i'm in br again.... besides i found them for 450 and 490

sweet. 450 shipped on a b20?? dang i should go find me another project

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:37 PM
the part from sears that they are talking about is EZ Out..and one guy used liquid wrench and patience...here is the link

"thanks for the replies guys......was able to take out the remaining piece of the spark plug by applying liquid mechanic and trying to twist it off slowly.....did that for about 30 minutes and it finally came off....."

^^^^quote from the thread bout liquid mechanic

link

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151394&highlight=broken+spark+plug

oh and it's more than broke.. when i say the thread is all that's left i mean it...

there is absolutely nothing but a big hole there now.. no bolt for the socket to grab.. no broken plug for me to grab... just a hole and the thread is threaded into the whole...

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:38 PM
sweet. 450 shipped on a b20?? dang i should go find me another project

no 450 plus shipping...

were u saying password has them for 549 and shipping is included? if so that's the better deal.. this other site is like 450 then like 200 ish for shipping...

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
oh and it's more than broke.. when i say the thread is all that's left i mean it...

there is absolutely nothing but a big hole there now.. no bolt for the socket to grab.. no broken plug for me to grab... just a hole and the thread is threaded into the whole...

well yea then your going to have to go w/ the EZ Out, drill in the middle of it and screw it out, or take the head off

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM
well yea then your going to have to go w/ the EZ Out, drill in the middle of it and screw it out, or take the head off

there is nothing to screw into... that's my point... it's a hole. the plug came out of the threading itself.. do u get it?

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
no 450 plus shipping...

were u saying password has them for 549 and shipping is included? if so that's the better deal.. this other site is like 450 then like 200 ish for shipping...

o no, theirs are 549+shipping

but yea generally to ship/frieght an engine to the east coast is about 200basically for under 700 you can have a b20..that'd be nice in the hatch

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
there is nothing to screw into... that's my point... it's a hole. the plug came out of the threading itself.. do u get it?

WTFeezy tell you vin diesel arse roomie to stop takin roids d00d dang son, how u do that lol, sorry i kno it aint a laughin matter but how d hail u do that.

i dnt know about that one. u got take the head off and work w/ it:no:

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:43 PM
i intend on a swap.. but again without taking out a loan i can't.... and i can't do the labor myself.

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:45 PM
i intend on a swap.. but again without taking out a loan i can't.... and i can't do the labor myself.

i feel you 100% man 100%, im on ur level. until i get my savings under control, i wnt be able to do anything big on a whim:(

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:47 PM
i feel you 100% man 100%, im on ur level. until i get my savings under control, i wnt be able to do anything big on a whim:(

it's damn retarded cause i was gonna grab the loan this up coming weekend and order the efing engine! was actually going to this past weekend but my friend had a b-day thing in the mountains that i went to.

Kelly
02-20-2007, 03:47 PM
(not NC p'bs... I dunno wtf you're talking about)

Carry on fellas...

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:48 PM
it's damn retarded cause i was gonna grab the loan this up coming weekend and order the efing engine! was actually going to this past weekend but my friend had a b-day thing in the mountains that i went to.

PM not related to engine..

Killer
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
pm replied.. not sure what ur talkin bout home fry....

SOME ONE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!

Kelly
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
(pbs- told ya so)

Kelly
02-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Babe, let me know if you need me. I've got a pedicure at 6:00 so just give me a call.

Sammich
02-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Babe, let me know if you need me. I've got a pedicure at 6:00 so just give me a call.

whatta lame GF pedicure>bf...wtf:lmfao:

(not NC p'bs... I dunno wtf you're talking about)

Carry on fellas...

he said something that just might be TIZZIGHT:D for the mooning haha

Killer
02-20-2007, 04:03 PM
anyone work in a shop know of anything???

Killer
02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kvb1085/sparkplugs.jpg

left is the bad one... that's what's OUT of the engine... the right one is a good one to compare the differences.

Echonova
02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
E-Z out is correct. Get the right size, screw it in, when you start backing it out it grabs the sides=threads. It only grabs when backing out. Use them all the time for industrial stuff, never used one on a spark plug. Shouldn't be any different, unless the threads fall apart and into the block. That would suck.

Killer
02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
drilling into this would cause more of a problem.. then i'm gonna have metal flakes in my block...

and there is a hole straight through to the block as it is... so nothing really to drill too....

fire7882
02-20-2007, 05:20 PM
no driling will be needed with the method above. Make sure you use lots of liquid wrench.

Killer
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
how is there no drilling? u have to drill the bit into the spark plug threads....